ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Set "Post Area forum limit" to -1 should disable it
Cool.

Another question, is it normal to only have "Thread" as content type for autocomplete?

No conversations, no profile posts?

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 15.12.24.webp

And...

Does the autocomplete search functionality only look for thread titles? Not post content? At least in our forum it only looks for words in the thread titles, not thread content itself.

Last edited:
@markku

At the moment, auto-complete only supports thread titles. My Forum Search add-on support searching by forum titles via auto-complete

@markku

At the moment, auto-complete only supports thread titles. My Forum Search add-on support searching by forum titles via auto-complete
Thanks.

I have a feature suggestion:

For the similar thread functionality, it currently seems to look only for similarly named threads in the same forum where the new thread is being posted to.

I would like it to look for threads across all forums.

Andy's Similar Threads has this functionality; in the ACP options there's a selection if you want it to look for threads from the same forum, or from all forums.

I like how you've created the similar thread feature otherwise, but this one thing is lacking from it.

@markku this functionality actually exists. The is per-forum control of how 'wide' the search results should be.

For example:
1507295414159.webp
The drop-down options are:
  • All
  • This Forum
  • This forum and any children
(The :: is a bug, as the : is also in the phrase and the template)

Can you please add a condition, If both option is enabled:
  • Below First Post
  • Below Quick Reply
Do not show "Below Quick Reply" if it's 1st page.

@Xon

Any idea why Andy's Similar Threads add-on produces different results for similar threads than the similar thread feature included in ElasticSearch Essentials?

Andy's are better for many keywords (for our forum)...

We're using Andy's add-on's default settings.

Is it possible to make them be identical to each other (similar thread search result wise)?

Unrelated, but why does your add-on recommend installing the Mobile Detect add-on? Is the mobile detection somehow less precise if it's not installed? The Mobile Detect add-on is marked as unsupported here so not a fan of installing something that is unsupported.

For similar threads, can we have an option to enable "Unlocked threads only"?
Thanks!
Can you please add a condition, If both option is enabled:
  • Below First Post
  • Below Quick Reply
Do not show "Below Quick Reply" if it's 1st page.
Hi @RoldanLT, the majority of this feature has been funded development work. Can you start a conversation with me about what sort of features you are interested in?

@Xon

Any idea why Andy's Similar Threads add-on produces different results for similar threads than the similar thread feature included in ElasticSearch Essentials?

Andy's are better for many keywords (for our forum)...

We're using Andy's add-on's default settings.

Is it possible to make them be identical to each other (similar thread search result wise)?
The similar thread detection is based off the auto-complete code, and is very different implementation to how Andy's similar thread add-on works.

I'll likely need some samples to try to tune it.

Unrelated, but why does your add-on recommend installing the Mobile Detect add-on? Is the mobile detection somehow less precise if it's not installed? The Mobile Detect add-on is marked as unsupported here so not a fan of installing something that is unsupported.
I've done a maintenance update for the Mobile Detect add-on, but it isn't required. Especially now as Android/iOS devices have crowded out all the weird stuff from when this add-on was first created.

Maintenance update; v1.3.4 (XFRM version is 1.3.3)

Reactions: rdn
This are painful to trackdown, as it is likely some content not implementing search results properly rather than any search add-on. Could you disable ElasticSearch essentials and see if this issue still occurs? I believe it'll repeat even with it disabled.

Since this is content specific "team" search results, it is likely something @truonglv will need to fix.

This are painful to trackdown, as it is likely some content not implementing search results properly rather than any search add-on. Could you disable ElasticSearch essentials and see if this issue still occurs? I believe it'll repeat even with it disabled.

Since this is content specific "team" search results, it is likely something @truonglv will need to fix.
What conditions you are checking in search results? Anyway if don’t have data you need, you should return to parent process.

I cannot find any discussion of search with older date ranges, or even a search for content before some date. Are those features of this addon.

@Xon Please give some more design improvement update for better looking on Similar Threads on Thread Create.

Example:

ZjsKtxitRKKbtWMqcQz-oQ.png

Top Bottom