1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ElasticSearch Essentials 2.0.5

Additional functionality for forums running XenForo Enhanced Search (ElasticSearch).

1. Xon
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    XenForo Enhanced Search
    ElasticSearch 1.x & 2.x
    php 5.4+
    Updates Duration:
    12 Months ($15 Yearly Renewal)
    Visible Branding:
    Update (2016 May 28th):
    @Xon has taken over this @Daniel Hood's add-on. This product is now available for purchase again. For more information read this thread.

Search Bar Auto Complete

When your users type in the search bar on your forum they will see suggestions based on what they have typed so far. The terms come from phrases used in your index rather than just common words. This means that it should work well for niche boards, any language, etc... This can really help reduce missed searches.

Suggestions/"Did You Mean" Functionality

There are two different "Did You Mean" features. One type is for even when the user has results for their search but there is a more popular, similar, term in your board's index. This can lead to better results. It also helps reduce typos. The other type is for when there are no results for their query, they will be presented with a list of similar terms that appear in your index.

Search Deleted Content

From the advanced search page, if a user has permission to see deleted content for some forums, they may search for deleted content.

Deleted search options:
    • Exclude deleted
    • Include deleted
    • Only search deleted

Post-Installation Instructions

The auto complete functionality does require your index to be deleted (and thus recreated) from the admin panel. It will not happen automatically on installation because I understand this might not be ideal. If you don't wish to use the auto complete functionality, you can delay deleting the index and the suggestions/did you mean features will still work.

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or [#] Install and Upgrade to install this addon.

1. Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.40.53 PM.png
    2. Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 10.42.34 PM.png
    ncbetz, Sunka, JulianD and 4 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Bugfix update
  2. Compatibility update
  3. Bugfix update

Recent Reviews

1. Sunka
    Version: 2.0.2
    Diamond in search relating addons. Like I said in last review, @Xon is able to fix every big or little bug you can somehow found in addon. Fixing bug wich stops me listing soft deleted posts, make my Admin life easier, much easier. Worth every little cent.
  2. Sunka
    Version: 2.0.1
    Like it! Huge improvements made by Xon. Absolutely superb and fundamental addon which makes search functionality not one, but two level above classic usability on forums.
    Worth every little penny/cent. Autocomplete search, suggested search terms, searching for soft deleted posts... makes every forum owner with smile on his face.
    I must say that Xon is there when you need any help with this addon, or when you found some bug. He fix it very fast, and that makes him accountable developer.
    Thanks Xon, you are doing a great job. Keep on shining!
  3. JulianD
    Version: 1.1.1
    One of my goals with my site is to help my members to find what they need inside my site. This addon is great in that regard. Thank you very much.
  4. loulou
    Version: 1.1.0
    Bad support, lot of bugs never fixed !!! ..
    1. Xon
      Author's Response
      Hi, please try v2 as it contains a number of improvements.
  5. Axel B
    Axel B
    Version: 1.1.0
    With the latest subtle changes in this addon, this became an absolute gem. A must have for forums with a lot of content / knowledge that your members want to access. As always, excellent work Daniel! Keep up the good work :) Highly appreciated!