Additional requirements
php 7.2+
Standard Library by Xon, v1.19.0 or later
If installed, require Optimized List Queries v2.8.0+
If installed, require Search Improvements v2.6.0+
License
https://atelieraphelion.com/products/license-agreement
Updates duration
12 months ($25 yearly renewal + GST for Australian Residents)
Visible branding
No
Tagging specific posts in a thread so they can be easily navigated to.

This is useful for long threads discussing a topic over a lengthy period of time and many pages. A threadmark allows a user to quickly jump to a specific post which is related to a certain event, date, or whatever is relevant to the thread.

Optionally this allows building an 'index' of posts and allows easy next/previous navigation between marked posts. A threadmark index can then be attached to a threadmark list for additional information and statuses.

XF 1.x Upgrade support

Upgrade from Threadmarks or Threadmarks Pro is supported

Reader mode
  • Only show threadmarked posts for a thread
  • Support custom posts per page in reader mode
  • Global on/off switch
RSS Feed
  • Per-thread-per-category RSS feed, with global option to disable.
Threadmarks
  • Can create a threadmark on thread create or post reply.
  • Can create a threadmark from an 'add threadmark' button on each post.
  • Can edit a threadmark on editing a post.
  • Supports soft-deleting or unapproving threadmarks (ie approval queue support)
  • Next/Previous navigation
Threadmark List
  • Provides a list of threadmarks on the thread.
  • Handle large number of threadmarks on an index but only displaying a range.
  • Provide a dynamic loader to fetch more threadmarks when the user clicks the filler slot.
  • Configurable limits for standalone threadmark list or embedded into a thread view.
Threadmark Index
  • A thread profile like feature.
    • Icon/graphic
    • Overall description
    • Statistics
  • Permissions on the user is permitted to add links/images to the description.
  • Permissions on "additional links" which allow blessed link formats (ie link matching a patreon regex) to be listed to the side of the description.
  • Can create a threadmark index on thread create.
  • Supports soft-deleting or unapproving threadmarks(ie approval queue support)
Per-forum options
  • Require threadmark on thread create.
  • Require threadmark index on thread create.
  • Embed threadmark index in first page of 'reader mode' thread or normal mode.
Linking Threads via Threadmark index
  • Threads can be added to an existing threadmark index, and sorted in preferred display order on the threadmark list.
  • Permission controlled
New Threadmark widget
  • Flexible ability to only show new threadmarks with configurable limits;
    • Only show a threadmark if it is from a watched thread or forum.
    • Only show a threadmark if it is from a permitted list of forums.
    • Only show unread.
Options
  • threadmark-list-with-index.webp
    threadmark-list-with-index.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 4,001
  • thread-with-embedded-index.webp
    thread-with-embedded-index.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 3,211
  • widget-config.webp
    widget-config.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,628
  • widget-new-threadmarks-simple.webp
    widget-new-threadmarks-simple.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,459
  • widget-new-threadmarks-full.webp
    widget-new-threadmarks-full.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,541
  • posted-a-new-thread.webp
    posted-a-new-thread.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,441
  • post-a-new-thread-threadmark-options.webp
    post-a-new-thread-threadmark-options.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,973
  • post-a-new-thread.webp
    post-a-new-thread.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,718
  • xf-category-edit.webp
    xf-category-edit.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,523
  • xf-per-forum-options.webp
    xf-per-forum-options.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • xf-categories.webp
    xf-categories.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,882
Author
Xon
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

More resources from Xon

Latest updates

1. 2.19.10 - Feature & bugfix update

Require StandardLib v1.19.0+ Fix threadmark search options on the advanced search page would...
  2. 2.18.6 - Bugfix update

Fix pushing threadmark reactions to the thread's reaction totals would be reset when the first...
  3. 2.18.4 - Bugfix update

Fix merging threads did not reliably update all threadmark positions as expected, and didn't...

Latest reviews

Excellent works and supports as always, threadmark installer has bugs and got fixes fast. Currently still testing it, but I am really confident about its usefullness.
I use Threadmarks Pro on a large site with over 20 million posts. For over a year it's given me no problems. Users love it, because it allows people to keep track of the most meaningful posts in a thread even when it's filled with lots of chatter. Often used for threads of 10,000+ posts.
A very useful addition that allows you to mark a topic with important messages, hold events and more. Plus, there is the generation of RSS feeds and switching labels within the topic.
Upgrades to the core XF mean most functionality required is built in for me however this is the one essential add-on for our forum that is indispensable. I'm the user that's been submitting the bug reports for upgrading from XF1 v1.3.x (if it ain't broke don't fixit :) ) So as you can see the response and support to get this working has been brilliant. Thoroughly recommended.
Due to the unique nature of my forum, this has become a huge stable in the feature set I provide my users. I see this being useful for many other genres of forums as well as an excellent method of organizing threads together.
Very useful for our forums with highly active creative writing sections. Also valuable for highlighting staff posts. Indispensable for both users and staff now.
This is exactly what I need, very useful. It would be better if have an option that allows showing the lastest threadmark on the thread list. Thank you Xon for a nice addon.
Top Bottom