ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
We have the same problem on our site. The similar threads on Andys add on produces VERY different results! See below a side by side comparison. Top is Andy's bottom is E-Essentials.
E-essentials appears to be returning posts instead of threads. That does not seem very useful.

@ActorMike as I mentioned before; knowing the title of the thread which triggered those results is critical.

Please check the per-forum setting "Limit auto-complete results by" and "Limit similar threads results by". They have the options;
  • All
  • This forum
  • This forum and children
E-essentials appears to be returning posts instead of threads. That does not seem very useful.
They are threads from different years. This feature doesn't even search posts!

Yes, it appears Andy's extension searches all the forums, which is why the results varied. After further research, essentials actually is better results since it's from the same forum. I actually decided to use your results after the first post and then the other extension to show at the bottom after the quick reply to get the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Xon
Where is the cache for similar threads stored? I'm showing it to guests now and getting a lot of hits on elasticsearch. Increased it from 1 day to 7 but not doing much.

But the search is fast so does nothing with my page load times luckily.

It uses whatever XF cache you have configured, and it stores per-thread caching which will be invalidated if the thread's title/tags are changed

Please check the per-forum setting "Limit auto-complete results by" and "Limit similar threads results by". They have the options;
  • All
  • This forum
  • This forum and children

Hi @Xon, I've just purchased this great addon :). I wasn't able to find these options, but I'd very much like to show similar threads from all forums, rather than just the current forum (which seems to be the case at the moment). Are the options you mention on the ES Essentials options page?

edit: Ah, I understand the "per forum" bit now ;). It's on the forum section options page. I've got a lot of categories and forums to change this setting on, is there a way to change the "default" view, or does it have to be done manually per-forum?

edit: Ah, I understand the "per forum" bit now ;). It's on the forum section options page. I've got a lot of categories and forums to change this setting on, is there a way to change the "default" view, or does it have to be done manually per-forum?
You'll need to get your hands dirty with SQL;

SQL:
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = 'this_and_children' where node_id in (1,2,3,.....);

UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = 'this_and_children' where node_id in (1,2,3,.....);

Valid values are;
  • all
  • this
  • this_and_children
I've updated the FAQ with this.

Is possible to add preview of each similar thread to similar thread block on thread_view @Xon ?
That should already be enabled, as it uses the same template that thread_view does. Make sure thread's are indexed and that discussionPreviewLength option is > 0

That should already be enabled, as it uses the same template that thread_view does. Make sure thread's are indexed and that discussionPreviewLength option is > 0
I don't mean the preview feature on mouse hover. I just want it static below of the each thread title.

I have camera forums, and I want a search for "60" to include results for "60mm". It doesn't happen with XF Enhanced Search.

Will this addon make that possible?

Xon, not to push the point, but before I purchase the XF1 version, is there for sure going to be a XF2 version?
Yes, but it will be January 2019 before I have time to work on it, since I need it for my own site. The licence will cover the existing XF1 version and then the XF2 version once it is out

@Xon, not sure what I am doing wrong. Signed up at your site to purchase this add-on but when I try, I am told "You do not have permission to purchase products. "

Top Bottom