Advanced Quote/Reply Essentials

Advanced Quote/Reply Essentials [Paid] v1.2.0

No permission to buy ($5.00)
i wonder if it is possible to somehow hide the reply button in latest (and first) post using css. and whether it would fix this issue of select and reply feature getting disabled. reply link does not seem to have any specific class.
You could, but I think you'll have difficulty creating a CSS selector that will recognize the "1st" post in the entire thread versus the "1st" post on the page.

For the above reason, and the fact that removing the code entirely interferes with way XF handles quote/replying - I don't foresee adding this feature.

I'm wondering about this too.

I would like to buy this addon, but the only thing I'm looking for is to disable the multiquote and reply (in fact quote) buttons on first and last post, if possible even reply button on every post.
However, when using this, also if you select a line to quote, the quote|reply popup does not show up anymore. I do want to keep that enabled.
But it seems this mod doesn't provide this either, correct?
Correct, not supported with this add-on.

See if this helps.
I've already replied there before I came here, unfortunately that does not help.

You could, but I think you'll have difficulty creating a CSS selector that will recognize the "1st" post in the entire thread versus the "1st" post on the page
You're mod does see the difference too right? I don't mind if it's thread or page.
Only thing I was looking for is the same this mod does, so disable reply, but then keep the quote|reply popup when selecting some text.

Pity if that isn't possible.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Please ignore the above message. It was an automated message made in error and, unfortunately, I'm not able to delete it.

The resource has not been deleted, despite what it says above :)

The quote button (replynoquote) does not work when injected after the page load.

Reproduce steps:
  1. Post a thread.
  2. Post a message. The message will be auto-injected to the current page.
  3. Try to quote the newly injected message, it won't work.
The page must be reloaded in order for the JS handler to register for the newly injected HTML.

The quote button (replynoquote) does not work when injected after the page load.

Can you send me a message and send me a screenshot of your settings so I can duplicate and test?

Most settings remove the ability to quote in this addon, so I wanted to match your settings.

@Wutime Just bought this! I love it. One issue tho, when I reply with quote, it does NOT clear any existing text in the quick reply box. Replying with just a mention, works.

Thanks!

@Wutime Just bought this! I love it. One issue tho, when I reply with quote, it does NOT clear any existing text in the quick reply box. Replying with just a mention, works.

Thanks!
Hmmm, you sure you want to risk clearing the box? The reason is, what if someone has typed a response and then chosen to add the quote. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

I took another look at it. I see what you are saying. Sounds good! Another quick question, which template can I edit the "@Reply to...." code?

Is it possible to apply this to a single forum only? I have a competition forum but if people hit the reply button to enter it quotes all of the entry rules from my post which gets messy unless they delete the quote. I’d rather the reply button doesn’t quote for this specific forum. Thanks.

Top Bottom