ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Would it be possible to seperate the backend so that similar threads only uses elasticsearch (without rebuilding search index) and caches results? Only thing i needed :p

Would it be possible to seperate the backend so that similar threads only uses elasticsearch (without rebuilding search index) and caches results? Only thing i needed :p
Not for any sane price, just turn off the auto-complete functionality. there are a wealth of options :P

Not for any sane price, just turn off the auto-complete functionality. there are a wealth of options :p

I have that disabled but the similar thread function will only work when search index is rebuild? Or am i doing domething worng?

I have that disabled but the similar thread function will only work when search index is rebuild? Or am i doing domething worng?
Correct, both functions require the search index to be rebuilt due to using a shared system to find 'similar looking' content based off title.

I have a license for the older XF 1.x version but am looking for 'similar threads' function for XF2. Before I do something stupid (like being impatient and spending money on a different add-on), is the XF2 port of this being worked on? :unsure:

Yes, however it is still a few months or so out.
Thanks for the ETA, Xon. I'll (begrudgingly) look at alternate solutions in the interim to hold over till this one is available. The big thing really that I'm looking for is that some people are confusing the 'quick thread' input at the top of the forum nodes in XF2 to be a search box instead of a post box so it'd be nice to have an ajax driven 'suggested/similar threads' appear when they type.

I'll work on a more efficient solution soon, but there is a workaround.

You will likely need to adjust the maximum clause count in your elastic search config (ie /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml) (ES 5.x)
Code:
indices.query.bool.max_clause_count: 4096

for ES 0.x - 2.x ;
Code:
index.query.bool.max_clause_count: 4096
Same value for ES 6.2?

I requested this as a feature for XF's Enhanced Search, but there was unbelievably no interest in it.

ElasticSearch has the ability to use a plugin which adds phonetic search abilities. This is the one missing link that separates our searches from the "big boys" out there. I believe the plugin lets you choose the algorithm (Soundex, Metaphone, etc.) that ES can use for phonetic matching. Any chance this might be added in the future, or even offered as a separate add-on?

I really haven't done enough in-depth looking at that sort of phonetic search stuff, I've been dumping my time into XF1 => XF2 conversion work so haven't really had a chance to look into the more advanced stuff.

UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = this_and_children;

UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = this_and_children;
Tried this and didn't work.
What's the correct query?

Tried this and didn't work.
What's the correct query?
Please give error messages in the future. Try the following:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = 'this_and_children';

UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = 'this_and_children';

Reactions: rdn
Our site is 20 years old and has lots of older threads that need to be found. With our former Sphinx search facility we could search within a date range. Is there any possibility of doing this with Elastic Search or is it not possible to handle date of thread or post like any other data item?

Hi @RoldanLT

The similar thread detection is based off the auto-complete code, and is very different implementation to how Andy's similar thread add-on works.

I'll likely need some samples to try to tune it.

We have the same problem on our site. The similar threads on Andys add on produces VERY different results! See below a side by side comparison. Top is Andy's bottom is E-Essentials.

simthreads.webp

Top Bottom