ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
What is the purpose of the file "ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php" that was added in 2.3.5?
Left over file when I was switching branches from an incomplete version. It doesn't do anything and will be replaced in 2.4.x, all the other files are fine.

Could you take a look at this bug report which may be the result of a combination of Vaultwiki with the autocomplete function of EE:
https://www.vaultwiki.org/issues/5177/
It does this if you do this from an advanced general search as well. I'm guessing they are injecting the list of VaultWiki thingies you can see in the wrong spot.

On their search handler; they should override the XF method filterConstraints() not getTypeConstraintsFromInput() to inject mandatory constraints. The constraints generated by getTypeConstraintsFromInput are added to the title bar (and are thus basically user editable), the ones from filterConstraints() are not.

An example; https://github.com/Xon/XenForo-Conv...DataHandler/ConversationMessage.php#L342-L347

ElasticSearch Essentials just invokes the wikivault search handler provider to restrict VaultWiki search results from a general search. You'ld get the same affect searching VaultWiki stuff specifically from advanced search.

Last edited:
We're seeing occasional error logs caused by malformed search URLs.
Code:
ErrorException: Illegal string offset 'content' - library/SV/ElasticEss/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:163
An example URL that should trigger this error would be /search/99999/?q=test&c[p][post] — you can see the last query parameter is malformed. The malformed URLs are not caused by this addon, but we're trying to eliminate harmless error log messages to make real errors more obvious. Would it be possible to perform an extra sanity check to avoid this exception when such a malformed URL is encountered? Something like this:
Code:
if (!is_array($c))
    continue;

@llk cheers for the bug report.

I'll bundle the fix for that into the next release which I'm currently working on.

If you want to hotfix it; on line 157 change:
Code:
if (!isset($perTypeConstraints[$content]))
{
    continue; 
}
To:
Code:
if (!isset($perTypeConstraints[$content]))
{
    continue;
}
if (!is_array($perTypeConstraints[$content]))
{
    $perTypeConstraints[$content] = array();
}

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
@llk I've updated the required hotfix code. This is the version which will be in v2.4.0, which is under going some final testing & bugfixing

Next 2.4.0 version will include the following:

Code:
> php library/SV/ElasticEss/run-bulk-index.php  --content-type=-1 --workers=4 --delete=y --batch=1000 --newest-first=y

Building bulk-insert workload...
conversation to index upto 39 items
conversation_message to index upto 47 items
post to index upto 4480244 items
profile_post to index upto 27577 items
profile_post_comment to index upto 45911 items
report to index upto 8834 items
report_comment to index upto 42826 items
thread to index upto 22954 items

Indexing 9265 jobs

Memory usage at start: 12.801002502441 megabytes
:D

@Xon
If I buy this, do I need to uninstall Enhanced Search Improvements first?

Or should I keep it installed even if I'll then have ElasticSearch Essentials as well?

Xon updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

2.4.5 - Feature Update & Elasticsearch 6 compatibility update

• ElasticSearch +6 Single index changes
    • May require more testing & fixes. Please open a ticket on https://atelieraphelion.com, be aware Elasitic Search 6 does not yet have a stable release, so Elasitic Search 6 support could randomly break.
  • Support XF2 "hidden" content Elasticsearch schema
    • Requires re-indexing content. Sorry.
  • Search Auto-complete is now forum aware.
    • Global per-usergroup permission for usage
    • Per-forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon

Upgrade successful, but when I enable the following options

Similar Threads
[x] Below Quick Reply

[x] Similar Threads on Thread Create

The whole forum breaks when viewing any thread. Visitor is shown the error:

Code:
An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserNameHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 in /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 1671

XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserNameHtml() in XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php at line 853
    XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper() in /home/domains/public/internal_data/templates/S.23,L.3,thread_view.php at line 5185
    include() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 260
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 191
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 124
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/domains/public/index.php at line 13

Server Error Log
Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserNameHtml() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php on line 853 - library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php:1671

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(853): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserNameHtml(NULL, '', false, Array)
#1 /home/domains/public/internal_data/templates/S.23,L.3,thread_view.php(5185): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('usernamehtml', Array)
#2 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/domains...')
#3 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/domains...', Array)
#4 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#5 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(124): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#6 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(639): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 /home/domains/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /home/domains/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Any idea why this is happening?

When I disable the Similar Thread options, the error goes away and thread viewing works OK again.

If it matters, we use PHP 7.0.21.

Last edited:
@Xon

Upgrade successful, but when I enable the following options