ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Any other way of removing the unnecessary element?
Except doing it via CSS, like removing the template code itself.

For now I did it this way:
upload_2017-5-18_8-44-44.webp

Seems: Suggestions/"Did You Mean" Functionality, not working for me.

How to debug this?
I forgot to add logging support for this, I'll patch it in the next day or so.

Any other way of removing the unnecessary element?
Except doing it via CSS, like removing the template code itself.
What do you mean "the unnecessary element" ?

I assume you want to strip information out of the auto-complete results? Using css would be the quickest way like you have done.

Reactions: rdn
Question about the auto complete feature. Would it be possible to use auto complete like Google does?
It would be nice to autocomplete on keywords instead of search results.

Reactions: rdn
@Xon Does have functionality Search Query Log? Search Query Log allows saving the search query logs of a user and managing it in Admincp.

Question about the auto complete feature @Xon. Would it be possible to use auto complete like Google does?

Question about the auto complete feature @Xon. Would it be possible to use auto complete like Google does?
How do you mean "auto complete like google does?" that is a hilariously complex task. Do you mean how google does auto-complete based off search queries rather than results?

That is a major complex change, and something that isn't planned.

How do you mean "auto complete like google does?" that is a hilariously complex task. Do you mean how google does auto-complete based off search queries rather than results?

That is a major complex change, and something that isn't planned.
Whoops, I missed your reply.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same.
I thought this addon would autocomplete the words you type in the searchbar.
So when you type 'xenf' , it would auto fill the searchbar while you type with 'xenforo'.

Neat addon.

A few suggestions:

How about a screenshot of what the addon looks like on a forum vs. just the admin settings ? (At the top of the overview page).

upload_2017-7-8_9-21-42.webp

on TAZ, I found the addon interfered with my ability to use the search dropdown.
As you can see from the image above ... It almost entirely covers the search dialog.

I made a few mockups where the results are either embedded at the top or bottom of the search dialog.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/autocomplete-in-search.144761/

A significant problem with this addons autocomplete is that it makes it seem like the autocomplete results equals ALL search results. As if there is nothing more to find. The user uses the autocomplete, sees no relevant result and then concludes that the search engine doesn't work or there is no content.
If there are no autocomplete results the member even gets the message 'No Matches' implying that there are no search results to be found in the search engine.

For some reason the autocomplete does not display the same results as a full search.
I get a lot of complaints about search due to the above issue.

I suggest to resolve this problem by adding a 'More results...' link under the autocomplete results and never display 'No matches' because its deceptive.

There are people using this add-on with non-English languages. There was come case sensitivity issues that needed to be solved, but it works fine.
so there's no need of a language dictionary for suggesting non-English words? it suggests workds based on the data inside the actual search index?

so there's no need of a language dictionary for suggesting non-English words? it suggests workds based on the data inside the actual search index?
Yes.

It uses dynamic word frequency cut-offs rather than 'stop-words', so it automatically adjusts based on the index contents. Assuming you have enough information in the index to be useful.

Until XF2, 4-byte unicode really isn't supported. Mostly this impacts the new unicode character emojis.

What is the purpose of the file "ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php" that was added in 2.3.5?

Top Bottom