ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Morning...(Well, here at least)

Not sure if the above release was to help with the USER index optimize issue or not. Just wanted to let you know that I still have the OPTIMIZE issue that shows up.

Hey @Xon

maybe you could add something like this from the Search Addon from digital point?
  • New stemming analyzer option for ElasticSearch
  • If using XF Enhanced Search, indexing time is decoupled from the user experience (no lag for user when posting new content)
I don't want you to copy those features but i think something like this could be usefull for this AddOn as well. I also don't want to buy / install both of the search addons since they have a couple of things (i don't need) in common and i don't like the overhead.

If using XF Enhanced Search, indexing time is decoupled from the user experience (no lag for user when posting new content)
My free add-on Deadlock Avoidance already pushes indexing of content for thread & posts out of the transaction (ie the post appears for other users, and then does the indexing).

I'll be releasing an update which targets profile posts/profile post comments & supports the Threadmarks add-on.

Once I get a server upgrade finished, I'll be installing this add-on. Can you clarify what you mean in the latest update? How has the experience been improved?

I'll be re-indexing a few million posts.

Once I get a server upgrade finished, I'll be installing this add-on. Can you clarify what you mean in the latest update? How has the experience been improved?

I'll be re-indexing a few million posts.
Previously; if you completely deleted the ElasticSearch install off disk after installing the add-on, you needed to click "delete index" twice to make it correctly update the mappings.

Optimize mappings and change analyser missed a step if the index didn't exist, and didn't setup the auto-complete feature properly.

Aka migrating from Elastic Search v2.4 -> Elastic Search v5 had some rocky steps for me. This has also caused a few support issues too.

Hi, where do i get the latest version of this please? I purchased it a while back. Thanks
Per the update
If you have a current license for this add-on, you can register it there (instructions are available here). You'll get a license from me (terms here), for the remaining duration of your original license, plus another 30 days - just a friendly gesture because of the inevitable delays caused by the hand-over.
Additionally; you must have a valid XenForo licence.

Top Bottom