ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Nop.
When es essentials is disabled, normal search working
When ES essentials is enabled, autocomplete working, but if press enter to show search for query, this error above shows
Yeah figured out what is wrong. Fixing it is however challenging for a few reasons, mostly because Elastic Search's idea of backwards compatibility is to laugh in your face.

P.S. Just tell me will I need to reindex search again after fix ;)
That shouldn't be required, it is just the query that needs fixing. Which I've mostly done except there is a few niggling bits which are leaving me baffled atm.

I get this error when searching, I have deleted and rebuilt the search index twice:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XFCP_SV_ElasticEss_XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch::_adjustFilteredDslForEsVersion() - library/SV/ElasticEss/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:209
Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "http://www.x.com/search/member?user_id=809135"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["user_id"] => string(6) "809135"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Just updated the enhanced elastic search to the latest version but autocomplete suggestions are not working, I am rebuilding the index again hope that'll fix it.

Just updated the enhanced elastic search to the latest version but autocomplete suggestions are not working, I am rebuilding the index again hope that'll fix it.
You may need to completely delete the index, and then index posts.

For the autocomplete suggestions, ensure threads are selected as a permitted type. I've seen them not be correctly populated sometimes.

Thanks for helping its working now I selected threads with the latest version but I saw you released a patch for the previous version I was using too. Thanks!

Reactions: Xon
Yep, autocomplete is working.
If I turn off this addon, then when deleting index and rebuild search, optimize mappings is not showing any more.
I managed this way. Uninstall your addon, delete search index, rebuild search, install your addon, save setting for your addon, delete index again, rebuild search index again.

I think that this kind of "error" is related with upgrading elastic search and enhanced search addon when your addon is installed on server. Probably I am wrong (y)

That's quite possible. I'm glad you got it resolved. I'll try to think of a real fix for this in the future.

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same issue. Optimize Mappings shows up with this add-on and clicking it like it says still does nothing. Running ES 2.4.1 and ESE 2.0.7

Having to kill off the indexes and rebuild does not seem like something that should need to be done each time. It takes HOURS to do and is really bad form.

@David Bott, yup that is fixed.

This add-on hooks into the Optimize Mapping button and during index re-creation process. It also tests the optimize mapping functionality on add-on install/upgrade and recommends what content you need to re-index. All my add-ons which hook into search also hook into the optimize mappings.

Some upgrades may require the index being deleted & recreated, which I will put into the update notes.

Frustratingly, sometimes the optimize mapping button only goes away when you index content. :confused:

Hi Xon...

Thank you kindly for the reply.

So at this point I have the "optimize mapping" button showing. Do I have an issue? As you know, pressing the button does nothing, so it seems.

What is needed to resolve the issue to make it go away. Not sure how it knows it needs to optimize mind you. But having a button that does not seem to do anything makes you think there is an issue.

Reindexing is a very poor process with Xenfono and ElasticSearch as it take a very long time with 7M posts even at 5,000 at a time. And during that, the search is so hindered as the results of course are not good until done. (I am so used to Sphinx and how good/fast it was at indexing and would swap out the old for the new when it was done.)

Thank you.

BTW... I did find this which might help...

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cli-cache-rebuilds.4927/

Maybe you could use it somehow to make things faster. Also, it does not seem to look to do users so I am not sure 100% what is needed and what is not to make things work as they should and be nice and fast.

@David Bott out of the box, with just my add-ons installed the "Optimize mappings" button shouldn't show up. Tracking down why the optimize mappings button shows up is difficult. I plan to release a verison which will list the content types causing the "optimize mappings" button to appear and the associated class.

Ok, great...now we know... :)

Content Type to optimize: USER
Class: DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_User

So it seems that it is an compatibility issue. I had thought I read that it was compatible.

So, any suggestion on how to correct?

(BTW...I did have a server messages saying I needed to index USER when I was looking around. I did this early this morning, yet still have the optimize button. This was done before I posted here.)

Attachments

• screenshot_1365.webp
    screenshot_1365.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot_1366.webp
    screenshot_1366.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 5
Well, that is a little disconcerting as then I/we do not really know if there is an issue or not. Just ignoring an error is not something one should just get use to doing. For at some point, it may become an actual issue thus affecting the site.

You new update does show... DigitalPointSearch_Search_DataHandler_User which tells us something. And your information does say that this add-on worked with DigitalPoint Search. Also it is not like I just installed it and got the error as I came here searching for why the button does nothing and came across this thread.

Even reindexing the USER index does not make the button go away.

Top Bottom