ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Nop, not working.
I tried with a * in search term, and no results, but I have soft deleted post.
If I search for soft deleted post from exact member, they show up.

I think that when I put * in search term, it trying to find exactly * in posts, not "anything"

Nop, not working.
I tried with a * in search term, and no results, but I have soft deleted post.
If I search for soft deleted post from exact member, they show up.

I think that when I put * in search term, it trying to find exactly * in posts, not "anything"
This looks to be an add-on compatibility issue where the * as just the search term is being trampled on.

Fixed with uninstalling another addon.
Now querry * is working, and soft deleted posts could be found, searched and listed.
Thanks @Xon

So, question is how to list all soft deleted posts (and threads if possible) when using some querry for keyword search.
Is it possible that at all?
If answer is positive, than is there some way to moderate that list of soft deleted posts/threads (select all and permanently delete)?
I found that when searching listed soft deleted posts, you can click on Moderator Tools link, select "posts" and than you can select all posts and permanently delete them.
Just can not find way to list soft deleted threads

Updated fine on my dev server, but got these errors when I tried to upgrade the production server. When I try to click on rebuild caches in the AdminCP it gives me the first error as well.

An exception occurred: Elasticsearch indexing failed. See the server error log for more details. in /home/domain.com/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php on line 1025

1. XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 76
  2. XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 125
  3. XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
  4. XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  5. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  6. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  7. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 617
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/domain.com/admin.php at line 13

Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch indexing failed for thread-180042 Elasticsearch error: MapperParsingException[failed to parse [prefix]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "1,4"]; - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:883
Generated By: User, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/domain.com/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(1015): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError('MapperParsingEx...', true, 'Elasticsearch i...')
#1 /home/domain.com/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(76): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError(Object(stdClass), Array)
#2 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/Search/Indexer.php(125): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet()
#3 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php(76): XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet()
#4 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute(Array, Array, 5.6159210205078, '')
#5 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 5.6159210205078, '', false)
#6 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 5.6159229278564, '', false)
#7 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(352): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, 5.6159229278564)
#8 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(50): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun()
#9 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(617): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect(4, 'https://www.dom...', NULL, Array)
#10 /home/domain.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#11 /home/domain.com/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(73) "https://www.domain.com/admin.php?add-ons/xm_elasticess/upgrade"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/xm_elasticess/upgrade"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["server_file"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

@Joe Link

This looks to be an issue with old mutli-prefixes data (or an old version of multi-prefix). Can you delete the index and try again?

Last edited:
@Joe Link

This looks to be an issue with old mutli-prefixes data. Can you delete the index and try again?

Ah! That add-on has been giving us grief for a long time. Every time we've tried to uninstall it we've had errors, difficulties, etc. so we've just left it disabled. Version 1.1 is installed (and disabled). If we installed the latest version and uninstalled it what're the odds that it'd uninstall cleanly? I'll gladly pay the purchase price if that'd work. At this point I can't even save usergroup permissions without getting an error.

Deleting the index was the first thing I tried once it failed :)

Ah! That add-on has been giving us grief for a long time. Every time we've tried to uninstall it we've had errors, difficulties, etc. so we've just left it disabled. Version 1.1 is installed (and disabled). If we installed the latest version and uninstalled it what're the odds that it'd uninstall cleanly? I'll gladly pay the purchase price if that'd work. At this point I can't even save usergroup permissions without getting an error.
I'll need to double check the upgrade process form 1.1 -> 1.4.12, but 1.4.12's uninstall process works properly.

I don't recommend leaving it disable as this add-on currently massively changes how prefix_id is stored, which causes issues for search if it is disabled but the data is still there.

I'm actively updating the MultiPrefix add-on., so if you find any bugs once you purchase an upgraded licence give me a yell and I'll fix them :)

Deleting the index was the first thing I tried once it failed :)
:)

I'll need to double check the upgrade process form 1.1 -> 1.4.12, but 1.4.12's uninstall process works properly.

I don't recommend leaving it disable as this add-on currently massively changes how prefix_id is stored, which causes issues for search if it is disabled but the data is still there.

I'm actively updating the MultiPrefix add-on., so if you find any bugs once you purchase an upgraded licence give me a yell and I'll fix them :)

:)

Sounds good! Thanks again for the fantastic support.

Reactions: Xon
That's good to know as I am planning on buying both.
Does the autocomplete feature work with languages other than English (French for instance)?
It supports UTF8, and I've fixed bugs related to it's non-English support before and haven' had any further bug reports.

@Xon

regarding this server error (it is first time that I get that), can I configure it in elasticsearch.yml file (raise to 2048) or it is something that I not need to worry about?

I google it (that error) and:
It can only be set on the config file, not on index creation settings. This is because its a static setting in Lucene.

P.S. I delete some text in coded quote below (just post text from my forum quoted in server error), because 10000 character limit for post. It is just long post, maybe because of long post this error show up?
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: {"root_cause":[{"type":"too_many_clauses","reason":"maxClauseCount is set to 1024"}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"elastictvor","node":"-W3OyLDdQOeKYuOavlCk8g","reason":{"type":"too_many_clauses","reason":"maxClauseCount is set to 1024"}}]} - library/SV/ElasticEss/Model.php:377
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 18:31
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/SV/ElasticEss/Model.php(136): SV_ElasticEss_Model->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/SV/ElasticEss/Model.php(63): SV_ElasticEss_Model->autoCompleteQueryIndex(Array, Array, 'samogradnja drv...', '', '5')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/SV/ElasticEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(106): SV_ElasticEss_Model->autoComplete('samogradnja drv...', '', '5')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_ElasticEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionAutocomplete()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/search/autocomplete"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/search/autocomplete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["q"] => string(10868) "Samogradnja drvene podvodne puške  Davor Mrsić    thumb samogradnjaNakon godina lova i nebrojenih sati provedenih u velikom plavetnilu većina lovaca dobije želju za puškom koja će biti rađena baš po njihovoj želji. Neki se odluče za narudžbu puške kod već poznatih proizvođača, a neki odu korak dalje i sami se upuste u izgradnju svoga ''savršenog'' oružja. U samograditeljske vode se može upustiti svatko sa idejom, voljom i dobrim živcima, a naravno bit će vam potreban i alat koji će uvelike olakšati posao.Morate znati da će trebati uložiti puno znoja i vremena, ali neopisiv je osjećaj kada prvi put ulovite kakvog kapitalca sa djelom svojih ruku. Za početak ću napraviti listu alata koji će vam biti potrebni prije nego krenete na posao. Naravno da se možete snaći i sa manje alata, ali ukoliko imate sve sa popisa posao će vam biti uvelike olakšan. Poželjno je imati: glodalicu za drvo, električnu bušilicu, kutnu brusilicu, tračnu brusilicu, ubodnu pilu, cirkularnu pilu, razne vrste turpija za drvo, nekoliko rola brusnog papira granulacije od 80 do 150 i više, te nekoliko pinela(kistova).   Početak gradnje Sada kad ste nabavili potrebne alate možemo krenuti sa izradom puške. Izradu puške bih podijelio u tri faze: 1. Lijepljenje letvica 2. Obrada drveta do željenog oblika 2. Lakiranje i završne finese. Svaka od ovih faza sastoji se od više cjelina koje ću opisati u tekstu koji slijedi. 1.Lijepljenje ljepljenjeKao što sam rekao, svaka faza se sastoji od više cjelina. Ovdje ću opisati sve što vam je potrebno da dobijete lamerirani blok od kojega ćete izdraditi svoju pušku. Z....."
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/threads/samogradnja-podvodne-puske.7568/page-4"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

This is the result of someone pasting a +1000 word search term into the auto-complete box.

I'll add a limiter so it doesn't error at least.

So it's user insane mistake.
So nothing to worry about. I think that kind of search come up once in the year. :)

So it's user insane mistake.
So nothing to worry about. I think that kind of search come up once in the year. :)
I have it happen sometimes with the normal search too. Not sure why someone wants to search by 10000 words.

Actually I've realised this causes a bit of angst between my forum members.

Because free members will search for something, not see the appropriate result, then be berated by other paid members saying 'did you even search, it was the first result'.

Perhaps someone like @Xon might be kind enough to look at incorporating a fix into one of their search related add-ons?
Would you be willing to fund this feature?

As Mike said, this needs to be carefully approached to ensure private content is not accidently leaked.

Top Bottom