ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
After I update addon and then rebuild complete search index, there is no suggestions, no autocomplete no search results after all.
I have installed Elasticsearch 2.3.4, latest version enhanced search and latest version of this addon.

Search results show only if I search through advanced search option with selected Thread and posts searching tab.
Search everything tab (default one) not working at all (no results, no querry even recived, no suggestions, no autocomplete...)
Here are some screenshots

options.webp

elastic.webp

search.webp

error searching.webp

search result.webp

@Sunka Ooops, there is no default for the auto-complete field.

Can you "thread" on the "content types to auto-complete" option.

:edit: there appears to be an error if you click enter and there is no search terms. I'll need to patch the javascript for that.

Can you "thread" on the "content types to auto-complete" option.
With "thread" selected it is working. Should I add "post" in Content types to autocomplete too, or thread option cover posts too? Any suggestions what to add there more?

There is an bug what earlier was fixed.
When suggestions show up, automatically first one is selected and should be no one, so if user click enter, search must show all content for that querry, not thread which was first on suggestion list.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/elasticsearch-essentials-paid.108569/page-3#post-1019347

Autocomplete option pick up first suggestion title. If I disable autocomplete option, than there is no suggestions at all

With "thread" selected it is working. Should I add "post" in Content types to autocomplete too, or thread option cover posts too? Any suggestions what to add there more?
There should only be a 'thread' option to add.

There is an bug what earlier was fixed.
When suggestions show up, automatically first one is selected and should be no one, so if user click enter, search must show all content for that querry, not thread which was first on suggestion list.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/elasticsearch-essentials-paid.108569/page-3#post-1019347
Autocomplete option pick up first suggestion title. If I disable autocomplete option, than there is no suggestions at all
Sorry about the regression, I'll aim to fix it quickly.

Also, there is no option to show all soft deleted threads/post without any querry?
Like this addon
You can do a search only showing deleted content, from the advanced search page. Just using a * for the search term, or plug someone's username in the user field.

You can do a search only showing deleted content, from the advanced search page. Just using a * for the search term, or plug someone's username in the user field.
Nop, not working. I tried with a * in search term, and without anything in search term field but with some username, and no results, but I have soft deleted post

03-55-21.webp

Complete reindexing
First I delete elasticsearch index from /admin.php?elasticsearch/, and then from /admin.php?tools/rebuild I choose Build content type: All, and rebuild search index

Complete reindexing
First I delete elasticsearch index from /admin.php?elasticsearch/, and then from /admin.php?tools/rebuild I choose Build content type: All, and rebuild search index
That should do it, and if it doesn't work after that; :(

Can you screenshot the advanced search options? By default it doesn't include any deleted items.

I Was updated the plugin yesterday and selected the thread then there was no problem i have seen.

So i update the plugin again now and need rebuild index ? I dont understand exactly @Xon

I Was updated the plugin yesterday and selected the thread then there was no problem i have seen.

So i update the plugin again now and need rebuild index ? I dont understand exactly @Xon
Deleted content search requires posts, profile post profile posts comments to have their search index to be rebuilt. Auto-complete requires threads search index to be rebuilt.

That should do it, and if it doesn't work after that; :(

Can you screenshot the advanced search options? By default it doesn't include any deleted items.
With this new update (2.0.1) problems are gone except "can not search soft deleted posts"

This is default Advanced searh screen

13-13-39.webp

This is when I search for soft deleted posts and result

deleted.webp 13-18-50.webp

Only what I could do is to rebuilding all search index again

Found something...
If I search for soft deleted post from exact member, they show up, but nothing is show up if i use a * for search querry.
So, question is how to list all soft deleted posts (and threads if possible) when using some querry for keyword search.
Is it possible that at all?
If answer is positive, than is there some way to moderate that list of soft deleted posts/threads (select all and permanently delete)?

If I search for soft deleted post from exact member, they show up, but nothing is show up if i use a * for search querry.
Weird, I'll look into this as it looks like a bug somewhere.

If answer is positive, than is there some way to moderate that list of soft deleted posts/threads (select all and permanently delete)?
Not yet, I was working on getting the search system and deleted items to work together first.

OK, I am going to write review for this addon now.
I am not in doubt that little bug for search soft deleted posts/threads will be correct in near future.
Nice job @Xon (y)

I am not in doubt that little bug for search soft deleted posts/threads will be correct in near future.
I'm unable to reproduce this atm.

I'll do a bit more investigating but I think it may be the 2.0.0 indexing logic. Did you re-index after installing 2.0.1?

Do you have any other add-ons which touch search?

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom