ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Daniel Hood updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

What's New:
  • Added the autocomplete functionality to the advanced search page.
  • Made it so when you select a result it automatically searches rather than populating the input box and requiring you to press enter again (this works with clicking a result or using up and down keys to highlight a result and pressing enter).
  • Made it so that there isn't a result selected by default when you're typing which allows your visitors to press enter to submit the form rather than...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Are you planning on making it compatible with xenforo search display?
Like date, relevance?

Also is it possible to search for nodes and limit which nodes?
For example searching node and short description of the node shows.

Are you planning on making it compatible with xenforo search display?
Like date, relevance?
Wasn't really in my plan but it is possible. The results should be pretty close to sorted by relevance as it is but I can look into making this change.

Also is it possible to search for nodes and limit which nodes?
For example searching node and short description of the node shows.
That's not currently a feature and I don't really see it being added in the future. In order for this to work (the way I think you mean), your nodes would actually have to become a searchable content type. They'd then also show up in the search results as well. In my opinion this is a little out of the scope of the add-on. It is an interesting idea for another add-on though.

Wasn't really in my plan but it is possible. The results should be pretty close to sorted by relevance as it is but I can look into making this change.

That's not currently a feature and I don't really see it being added in the future. In order for this to work (the way I think you mean), your nodes would actually have to become a searchable content type. They'd then also show up in the search results as well. In my opinion this is a little out of the scope of the add-on. It is an interesting idea for another add-on though.

Yep I know that they are like sorted by relevance right now but I want it by date.

And if you do make such an addon, please do tell me as I'd be very interested since some users simply wants to go to a certain node through search instead of having to scroll through site.

Bug Suggestion in Advanced Search
At the moment in advanced search in main search field, it suggests only users (like when tagging with avatar or like when typing in the field "posted by member") instead of thread titles.

Confirmed. I'll post a fix tomorrow.

[Edit] Sorry, I've been extremely busy and haven't gotten to fix this yet. I'll be posting an update soon.

Last edited:
[Edit] Sorry, I've been extremely busy and haven't gotten to fix this yet. I'll be posting an update soon.
No, but because tomorrow should not be a week later
Sorry that I had some things unexpectedly come up. This was not a critical bug by any means. The bug, to be completely honest, simply displayed "Unspecified Error" in place of "No results found" in situations where the user searched for something that rendered no results. I realize it was a problem, hence the fix, but there's a bit of an overreaction here. In any regards, the situation is resolved. Let's move on and use this discussion thread for something more productive.

Could you please add function to suggest similar threads when someone try to create a thread and type title.
Its not auto complete but show similar threads which already exists on the database so user can ask his question in such thread or simply read that thread instead of starting a new one on same topic.
It reduce duplicate content and make things organize.

Could you please add function to suggest similar threads when someone try to create a thread and type title.
Its not auto complete but show similar threads which already exists on the database so user can ask his question in such thread or simply read that thread instead of starting a new one on same topic.
It reduce duplicate content and make things organize.
Not sure if you are aware, but @AndyB's awesome Similar Threads add-on provides the feature you're looking for.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/similar-threads.2441/

(in case Daniel doesn't add it to this add-on or you want it right now)

One of the widgets in my widgets extension is a similar threads widget.
Though that isn't exactly what you're suggesting. I'll note the suggestion.

Last edited:
Hello Daniel, I have one quesiton. Is it normal that when I'm in the resources section of my site, the autocomplete includes all the content of my site even though the "Search this forum only" option is ticked? This is a usability issue because the autocomplete results are different from the final results once the user hits enter.

Hello Daniel, I have one quesiton. Is it normal that when I'm in the resources section of my site, the autocomplete includes all the content of my site even though the "Search this forum only" option is ticked? This is a usability issue because the autocomplete results are different from the final results once the user hits enter.
Yes, I didn't really think about that. It makes sense though, I'll see what I can do about that.

Top Bottom