ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
The developer doesn't seem to take the customers seriously and bases judgements on his personal ideas.

The addon does something it should NOT do and can be VERY bad for some customers but he doesn't seem to care that much about it.

I do not reccomend this to anyone until the developer starts taking it more serious.

The developer doesn't seem to take the customers seriously and bases judgements on his personal ideas.

Excuse me, I said I was going to change that. I was simply saying it is not revealing content that the person originally said, which is very true and makes my exaggeration claim valid. I'm not ignoring this issue. Just because I haven't fixed it in the past 4 days doesn't mean I don't care about customers.

My daughter was born 13 days ago and I've been on vacation for Christmas, I am not operating at full speed. This is still on my list of things to do.

It's on my list of things to do/change but it's absolutely being exaggerated. Listing more content types than it searches is the definition of exaggeration.

It suggests the most popular similar term. Turning "editign" to "edition" and to "editing" both require one change. "Edition" is in the index on this particular site more times than "editing" is therefore it's suggested.

Does Auto Completion doesn't work in Advanced Search? Would be nice to have it work also in advanced search. Is this possible?

Bug:
Advanced search: Searching a term that has no result but has suggestions return an unspecified error rather than suggestions !
I will have to look into this. Thank you for reporting the bug.

Does Auto Completion doesn't work in Advanced Search? Would be nice to have it work also in advanced search. Is this possible?
That is not currently a feature but wouldn't be too difficult to add. Should be included in the next release.

This looks very interesting, I would need one feature added/adjusted though before purchasing.

Currently for the Search Bar Auto Complete feature:

When you click a suggestion, it populates the text field with the suggestion.

I would need this adjusted so after you click or press enter (keyboard) on a suggestion, the search executes and takes you to the search results page. Similar to how Google Instant works.

upload_2016-1-18_17-6-7.webp

Can you advise if this is feasible? If this needs to be funded as a custom option then let me know - I understand not everyone may want this behaviour.

Last edited:
Its a matter of changing Javascript and would kind of help with another feature people want. I don't think there's any need for you to fund it. I'll try to get to it soon.

Thanks for your interest and suggestion.

One thing that it could be annoying - Search Bar Auto Complete default first suggestion is selected when you write letters in search.
I used to type word for searcing and press automatically enter, my members too, and because first suggestion is selected by default, enter dooes not submit search query but select suggested word.

It will be far better if Search Bar Auto Complete suggestions are not selected by default, so user have to click on it or press up/down on keyboard.
I have this almost fixed but I'm running into a limitation with XenForo's autocomplete function. I have it now where the first result is no longer selected by default but you still have to press enter twice (the first time closes the results). I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, hopefully soon. You can see what I'm referring to on http://xenreviews.com.

This looks very interesting, I would need one feature added/adjusted though before purchasing.

Currently for the Search Bar Auto Complete feature:

When you click a suggestion, it populates the text field with the suggestion.

I would need this adjusted so after you click or press enter (keyboard) on a suggestion, the search executes and takes you to the search results page. Similar to how Google Instant works.

View attachment 126545

Can you advise if this is feasible? If this needs to be funded as a custom option then let me know - I understand not everyone may want this behaviour.
This is implemented in the next version. You can see it working on http://xenreviews.com.

Top Bottom