ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
It'll increase the size of your search index by a small (per document) amount. It should not result in you needing a bigger server or anything though.

I bought and installed this plugin but i see nothing. No suggestion or no did you mean feature. (Your add-on enabled and features checked)

Our Elasticsearch version: 0.90.3

It may related with that ? P.S: Normally, all search functions work with elasticsearch on forum.

@Daniel Hood

I'll need to see your website in order to trouble shoot. For the auto complete stuff to work you have to delete your index and rebuild it (two separate actions, not talking about the checkbox below the rebuild part). Your suggestions should be working before that though.

I'm finding that the search suggestion drop-down menu has bad suggestions for us. :p Seems to stem from the fact that it only suggests one word at a time instead of a phrase...

For example: type in "bass" and it drops down suggestions with "basspuns" at the top (puns? really?). phrase suggestions of "bass guitar" or "bass strings" or "bass parts" etc would be better matches.

Another example: type in "five string" and the top suggestions are "five strings" and "five strings?". phrase suggestions of "five string bass" or "five string bass for metal" etc would be better suggestions.

I'm thinking that basing search suggestions on a data table of actual used search phrases, rather than words occuring in the searchindex, might yield better results? The search phrase data would have to be compiled before it'd be useful, of course...

No.

Good suggestion. I'll have to see how feasible it is though since I'm using the same Javascript as XenForos other autocomplete features (users, tags, etc)
Hope that you could do something about it, cause it leads to many "not wont" search queries.

----------------------------

Regarded this problem, Mike looked on it and said:

This is due to an add-on. This error is being returned when the optimization happens:

object(stdClass)#156 (2) {
["error"] => object(stdClass)#250 (3) {
["root_cause"] => array(1) {
[0] => object(stdClass)#165 (2) {
["type"] => string(24) "mapper_parsing_exception"
["reason"] => string(79) "analyzer [xm_elasticess_autocomplete] not found for field [xm_elasticess_title]"
}
}
["type"] => string(24) "mapper_parsing_exception"
["reason"] => string(79) "analyzer [xm_elasticess_autocomplete] not found for field [xm_elasticess_title]"
}
["status"] => int(400)
}

It looks like this has to do with the ElasticSearch Essentials add-on. Simply disabling it won't resolve the issue as it has changed the index. Disabling it, deleting, and rebuilding the index should solve it though.

Reactions: rdn
Did you happen to use an install & upgrade add-on? If I recall, sometimes they execute before files are fully uploaded and that can result in the installation not working properly. I think the install file I have included may not have ran. Otherwise, the update of the settings failed (should have left an error in your admin cp either way). I'd recommend uninstalling ElasticSearch Essentials add-on and then reinstalling it.

The only thing that doesn't really make sense is that you are talking about the autocomplete feature with the enter key and if this didn't map correctly, that shouldn't be working.

Did you happen to use an install & upgrade add-on?
Nop

The only thing that doesn't really make sense is that you are talking about the autocomplete feature with the enter key and if this didn't map correctly, that shouldn't be working.

No, no... I am talking about this suggestion

One thing that it could be annoying - Search Bar Auto Complete default first suggestion is selected when you write letters in search.
I used to type word for searcing and press automatically enter, my members too, and because first suggestion is selected by default, enter dooes not submit search query but select suggested word.

It will be far better if Search Bar Auto Complete suggestions are not selected by default, so user have to click on it or press up/down on keyboard.

--------------------------------

Regarded this problem, Mike looked on it and said:

I will absolutely look into this.

Thank you

No, no... I am talking about this suggestion

I know. What I meant with my post is that if the analyzer/mapping didn't update, you shouldn't be able to see the autocomplete feature at all. I assume you can due to the fact you made a suggestion regarding it.

Yep, autocomplete is working.
If I turn off this addon, then when deleting index and rebuild search, optimize mappings is not showing any more.
I managed this way. Uninstall your addon, delete search index, rebuild search, install your addon, save setting for your addon, delete index again, rebuild search index again.

I think that this kind of "error" is related with upgrading elastic search and enhanced search addon when your addon is installed on server. Probably I am wrong (y)

I think that this kind of "error" is related with upgrading elastic search and enhanced search addon when your addon is installed on server.
That's quite possible. I'm glad you got it resolved. I'll try to think of a real fix for this in the future.

@Daniel Hood

How to delete index and recreate in admin panel? This is not listed in options. Thank you!
The auto complete functionality does require your index to be deleted (and thus recreated) from the admin panel

In the admin panel, under tools and then elastic search set up. Check the box to delete the index. Then go to tools and rebuild the search index.

Just installed this add-on. Search Bar Auto Complete is only working after typing the FULL first word and then space.
However, in xenreviews (suggested demo site in overview), it starting auto complete after first letter itself. How to make auto complete with less than full word?

I deleted the index and rebuild it.

Thank you.

It takes at least two letters before suggestions will appear. It does on XenReviews as well. That's a setting in XenForos Javascript, not something I'm doing.

To troubleshoot further I would need the board Url.

@Daniel Hood. Where in XF Javascript setting need to be adjusted to accomplish 2 letter suggestion? Many thanks

For me I need to type 5th letter before suggestions. I changed the setting in Essentials for minimum word length from 5 to 2 but not working.
upload_2015-12-21_12-6-9.webp

Last edited:
@Daniel Hood
I was told this is NOT a XF function and third-party add-on. I am assuming is your essentials add-on. I get suggestion for 5th letter where are in xenreviews suggestions start after 2nd letter.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-21_12-39-3.webp
    upload_2015-12-21_12-39-3.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 7
Were talking about different things; @Brogan is referring to the autocomplete functionality being an add on (this one), I'm referring to the two letter minimum being a Javascript setting that you don't change. It's the same way that typing a username works in the search area, tagging a member, etc.

[Edit] as I said in my last post, I need the board Url to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I was looking for 2 letter minimum and currently at 5 letters. I understand this is not related to your add-on but if you know where to change to 2 letter minimum instead of 5 letter minimum (as in my case), I would greatly appreciate it.

Were talking about different things; @Brogan is referring to the autocomplete functionality being an add on (this one), I'm referring to the two letter minimum being a Javascript setting that you don't change. It's the same way that typing a username works in the search area, tagging a member, etc.

[Edit] as I said in my last post, I need the board Url to troubleshoot.

Top Bottom