ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 2.4.13

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Xon I ended up uninstalling this from AVForums for two reasons.
First and mainly, the addon makes suggestions which return no search results. Is there any way to stop that?
Second and not so significant, the pop-up suggestion box obscures the search options behind it. Specifically the More button and on a phone, it's tricky to get rid of it. Any ideas about that?
Thanks

Reactions: Xon
First and mainly, the addon makes suggestions which return no search results. Is there any way to stop that?
Because it search all threads, and then prunes away ones you can't see; the suggested search results can be rather missleading and not relevant to the current forum.

I've got it on the roadmap to improve this by pushing context information into the autocomplete search(and suggestions). Which should give much more relevant answers.

Second and not so significant, the pop-up suggestion box obscures the search options behind it. Specifically the More button and on a phone, it's tricky to get rid of it. Any ideas about that?
Thanks
I think this requires more css wizardary to push the search options down to make room for the suggestions. I'll need to think about it and talk to my CSS/theming people for ideas.

Thanks
I agree that. Suggestion searches return with no result usually. I think you should develop that problem

As in limit auto-complete searching to the current context (ie a particular forum rather than all of them)?

If so, yes that is planned.
No I actually mean searching nodes like http://androidforums.com/ "Explore Android Forums" function.
If you can do this is a custom version for just me, or if I can pay for this to be added or something, please let me know as long as the price is not too high.

No I actually mean searching nodes like http://androidforums.com/ "Explore Android Forums" function.
If you can do this is a custom version for just me, or if I can pay for this to be added or something, please let me know as long as the price is not too high.
It didn't occur that people would have that many forums. Beaware XenForo has a soft-limit of ~500 forums due to how permissions take progressively longer to pre-compute (it is just a template setting if you wish to bypass it)

Also it will depend on what you consider too high a price I guess.

Hi @Xon,

1. I understand that autocomplete works with any language, but so does the "did you mean" functionality?
2. Is there any template modification to make? I use a custom template.
3. Is there a working demo? The demo link returns a 404.

Thanks

I've developing v2.0.0, which will allow more configuration of what functions are enabled/disabled, rework auto-complete functionality to have less surprises for users, and permitted searching deleted content without impacting normal user's user.

Hi @Xon,

1. I understand that autocomplete works with any language, but so does the "did you mean" functionality?
It should, but I haven't tested it extensively.

2. Is there any template modification to make? I use a custom template.
Yes.

1.x requires the following template modifications:
  • search_bar
  • search_form
  • search_results
2.x (in development still) requires the following template modifications:
  • search_bar
  • search_form
  • search_results
  • search_form_post
  • search_form_profile_post

3. Is there a working demo? The demo link returns a 404.
Not yet, it looks like I missed cleaning up that description.

Do you have an ETA for 2.x by any chance?
Installing Elastic Search already makes my a little nervous so I want to make sure to have a lot of improvements for my users as you can imagine.

The template modifications required are documented?

Thanks!

Xon updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

Feature Update & Major rewrite

• Autocomplete is now optional.
  • Suggested search terms is now optional.
  • Permit deleted content search for users with permission.
  • Made general search now invokes per-content type handlers, allows more accurate searching.
  • Searching for post excludes forums a user can't see
  • New auto-complete functionality, shows user profile and brief info about threads.
  • Auto-complete functionality is extendable.
  • Option to disable auto-complete for mobiles (UI issues).
  • Postings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So far responses have been positive for the 'search as you type' functionality.

DaYln6T.gif

Not too much feedback on the alternate suggestions in the search results yet though I did post a thread about it.
For the curious, here's an updated screen capture showing how the same search now appears when using the just released 2.0 version..... :)

LYG5s0T.gif

After upgrade we do not need to rebuild search index?
I strongly recommend that you do, as most of the functionality require re-indexing to be done.

I think the installer is a little bugged however for reporting it. I'll need to look into that.

Top Bottom