User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
User Profile Tagging: The user tag section in the sidebar is a template mod... but I need to style the section of the User Tags. It would be great if this can be a template instead of a template mod in future releases.

EDIT: for clarification: I want to change classes, not CSS only.

Last edited:
I can confirm, online toggle under the visitor popup works now. (y)

I know it is none of your business actually, but since a majority uses UI.X framework: In responsive view with the side panel, UIX ignores the UserEss permissions for online toggle modification.
Can you point me to your conditional code that I need to include in the UIX side panel template to copy the effect?

uix_online.webp

The toggle is working here on 2.6.4, but the other status & activity options in the user's account area Privacy panel aren't showing up for me. If I disable the add-on they are there. The user group has Can Be Invisible: Allow set.

Also initially I had a problem setting the Super Administrator's online status using the admin panel. I was logged in as the Super Admin, unticked the box to disable showing online status, entered my password and saved the user. It said the changes had been saved, but they weren't.. the checkbox was still ticked when I reloaded the user. It was working on other users.. But it's working properly now, not sure what fixed it, maybe after I toggled it in the popup?

Sorry about that. A code event listener was accidently removed. I've swapped out the zip on http://xenmods.com, download the latest version and upload the files + xml. Only a few people have updated so I didn't want to trigger another email for the fix.

Thanks, that's working now.

However I noticed that disabling a group's UserEss - Can Be Invisible seems to reset those user's Show Online Status to ticked. Is there any way to keep their preference, but override it instead? I understand that this could be confusing in the ACP when looking at a user but I'm sure our admins can figure it out.

Found it! Included in the Side Panel Navigation of UIX now. Was dead easy.

Any chance you could please share this?

I noticed that disabling a group's UserEss - Can Be Invisible seems to reset those user's Show Online Status to ticked

That is "as designed" as far as I know. So it prevents users from not being able to be visible again...

The status display would be better handled with template changes instead, if that makes sense. It looks like right now when you disable Can Be Invisible for a user group, it changes every user's preference in that group to be visible. In my case, during testing I think I have just lost everyone's preference with no easy way to restore it. :(

The user's preference should be retained no matter what the Can Be Invisible setting is.

An example of where this would be beneficial is if you have a user upgrade that promotes a user to a new group where they get the additional privilege to set their own online status preference. If they choose to be invisible but then drop out of this group due to an expiring upgrade, even if they are upgraded again their preference of being invisible has been lost.

An example of where this would be beneficial is if you have a user upgrade that promotes a user to a new group where they get the additional privilege to set their own online status preference. If they choose to be invisible but then drop out of this group due to an expiring upgrade, even if they are upgraded again their preference of being invisible has been lost.
This is the exact use case that resulted in the way it currently works. If you sell premium upgrades and you want this permission to be part of that, when the premium upgrade runs out, you don't want them to be able to take advantage of it anymore. It's more incentive to renew their upgrade. Originally I had it the way you suggested and it became apparent, quickly, that the way it works now is the way the strong majority wants it.

If you'd like to revert the change and make it so they keep their invisibility after their upgrade expires, open /library/UserEss/XenForo/Model/Permission.php, find:
PHP:
        $permCache = parent::rebuildPermissionCombination($combination, $permissionsGrouped, $entries);
and replace it with:
PHP:
        return parent::rebuildPermissionCombination($combination, $permissionsGrouped, $entries);

Thanks for your reply Daniel. I don't want them to retain invisibility after the upgrade expires, but I would like their preference retained and their online status made visible even if they had chosen to be invisible when upgraded.

Since the options will disappear from their account pages, the user won't know that their preference is retained until they re-upgrade at which time they will automatically become invisible again if that was their previous setting. Does that make sense?

That would be great, it's all too easy to accidentally lose everyone's preference at the moment if you don't expect it.

Any chance you could please share this?

In template "uix_offCanvasSidebarVisitorTabs"

find:
Code:
                     <li>             
                        <form action="{xen:link account/toggle-visibility}" method="post" class="AutoValidator visibilityForm">
                            <label><input type="checkbox" name="visible" value="1" class="SubmitOnChange" {xen:checked $visitor.visible} />
                                {xen:phrase show_online_status}</label>
                            <input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
                        </form>
                    </li>

replace by:
Code:
                    <xen:if is="{$xenAddOns.UserEss}">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.general.useressGoInvisible}">
                            <li>             
                                <form action="{xen:link account/toggle-visibility}" method="post" class="AutoValidator visibilityForm">
                                    <label><input type="checkbox" name="visible" value="1" class="SubmitOnChange" {xen:checked $visitor.visible} />
                                </form>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    <xen:else />
                            <li>             
                                </form>
                            </li>
                    </xen:if>

That even takes into account if the UserEss is installed or not. So that if it is deactivated, the normal template code will be used.

This has an issue with Audentio's donation manager. @ThemeHouse @Mike Creuzer

Hit donate button and get this front end error message.

Code:
Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first.

XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
spl_autoload_call() in Audentio/DonationManager/Extend/bdPaygate/Processor/PayPal.php at line 3
include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
spl_autoload_call() in UserEss/Listener/Paygate.php(40) : eval()'d code at line 1
eval() in UserEss/Listener/Paygate.php at line 40
UserEss_Listener_Paygate::load()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Application.php at line 492
XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in bdPaygate/Processor/Abstract.php at line 468
bdPaygate_Processor_Abstract::create() in Audentio/DonationManager/ControllerPublic/Donation.php at line 229
Audentio_DonationManager_ControllerPublic_Donation->actionPay() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php at line 13

Error Log:

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108
Generated By: anthony, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XFCP_Audentio_D...')
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Audentio/DonationManager/Extend/bdPaygate/Processor/PayPal.php(3): spl_autoload_call('XFCP_Audentio_D...')
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): include('/home/ptsdforu/...')
#3 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('Audentio_Donati...')
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/UserEss/Listener/Paygate.php(40) : eval()'d code(1): spl_autoload_call('Audentio_Donati...')
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/UserEss/Listener/Paygate.php(40): eval()
#6 [internal function]: UserEss_Listener_Paygate::load('bdPaygate_Proce...', Array)
#7 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Application.php(492): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('load_class_bdpa...', Array, 'bdPaygate_Proce...')
#9 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/bdPaygate/Processor/Abstract.php(468): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('bdPaygate_Proce...', 'bdpaygate_proce...')
#10 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Audentio/DonationManager/ControllerPublic/Donation.php(229): bdPaygate_Processor_Abstract::create('bdPaygate_Proce...')
#11 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Audentio_DonationManager_ControllerPublic_Donation->actionPay()
#12 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(70) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/donate/server-per-annum.2/donate?donation=528"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["donation"] => string(3) "528"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This was pointed out to me last night. It's related to the way I fixed the white page error with paygates (if you have user upgrades that allow custom amounts). I'm trying to figure out a better way to do it. If you don't use that feature, you can open /library/UserEss/Listener/Paygate.php and replace
PHP:
public static function load($class, &$extend)
    {
with
PHP:
public static function load($class, &$extend)
    {
        return;

Top Bottom