User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
@Daniel Hood
By the way, for your next update, whenever that may be, can you please remove all those DS_Store files from the packaging lol :p
(I know i know, macosx stuff, but ModEss doesn't have them, so I'm assuming it's just left over stuff from previous developer?)

Unfortunately, sometimes it's going to be there. It's more likely to be there than it isn't these days actually. Liam appears to develop exclusively on Macs and his role at XenMods should continue to grow. In addition, I'm doing more and more programming from my macbook as well. I'll see what i can do about it though.

Hello @Daniel Hood
Where is the "New user/user group permission for the ability to hide their online status." feature option. I checked that feature on usergroup permission but i didn't see on my personal settings or forum settings pages.

Hello @Daniel Hood
Where is the "New user/user group permission for the ability to hide their online status." feature option. I checked that feature on usergroup permission but i didn't see on my personal settings or forum settings pages.
I believe this is a conflict with something else. A fix is in the works to be released soon.

I'm going to be implementing a beta tester system on XenMods in the upcoming weeks which should reduce bug fix versions such as this. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I released a new add-on called Persistent Alerts. I'm offering a $5 discount (automatically applied when you add it to your cart on XenMods) to all User Essential (active -- the license cannot be expired) license holders since it is a user related tool. I didn't want to add it directly into this add-on though because it's more of an admin tool and is definitely not for everyone.

Last edited:
Found a bug in v2.6.3: "Show online Status" is missing in the Visitor Tab Menu Popup. Generally missing, no matter which permissions are set.

useress_missingcode.webp

Last edited:
Okay with 42 add-ons now this does not come as a real surprise but unexpected.

I can not create any user in the ACP anymore. The following error is displayed NO MATTER what name, password I use... It looks like the form is not processed and the error is the same as if you leave all fields empty.

xf_create_user_error.webp

As per SOP I THEN DEACTIVATED ALL ADD-ONS and when I try to create a user with everything deactivated, I get the following Server Error:

Code:
erver Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'useress_tags' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(317): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user', Array)
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(513): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave()
#8 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/admin.php?users/0/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/0/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(45) {
    ["username"] => string(11) "NewTestUser"
    ["email"] => string(0) ""
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["user_group_id"] => string(1) "2"
    ["user_state"] => string(5) "valid"
    ["gender"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_month"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_day"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_year"] => string(0) ""
    ["location"] => string(0) ""
    ["occupation"] => string(0) ""
    ["homepage"] => string(0) ""
    ["custom_fields"] => array(8) {
      ["FavoriteGun"] => string(0) ""
      ["aim"] => string(0) ""
      ["icq"] => string(0) ""
      ["yahoo"] => string(0) ""
      ["skype"] => string(0) ""
      ["gtalk"] => string(0) ""
      ["facebook"] => string(0) ""
      ["twitter"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(8) {
      [0] => string(11) "CustomField"
      [1] => string(3) "aim"
      [2] => string(3) "icq"
      [3] => string(5) "yahoo"
      [4] => string(5) "skype"
      [5] => string(5) "gtalk"
      [6] => string(8) "facebook"
      [7] => string(7) "twitter"
    }
    ["about"] => string(0) ""
    ["custom_title"] => string(0) ""
    ["signature"] => string(0) ""
    ["message_count"] => string(1) "0"
    ["like_count"] => string(1) "0"
    ["trophy_points"] => string(1) "0"
    ["style_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["language_id"] => string(1) "6"
    ["timezone"] => string(16) "Europe/Amsterdam"
    ["enable_rte"] => string(1) "1"
    ["enable_flash_uploader"] => string(1) "1"
    ["content_show_signature"] => string(1) "1"
    ["email_on_conversation"] => string(1) "1"
    ["default_watch_state"] => string(11) "watch_email"
    ["visible"] => string(1) "1"
    ["activity_visible"] => string(1) "1"
    ["receive_admin_email"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allow_view_profile_enable"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allow_view_profile"] => string(7) "members"
    ["allow_post_profile_enable"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allow_post_profile"] => string(7) "members"
    ["allow_receive_news_feed_enable"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allow_receive_news_feed"] => string(7) "members"
    ["allow_send_personal_conversation_enable"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allow_send_personal_conversation"] => string(7) "members"
    ["allow_view_identities_enable"] => string(1) "1"
    ["allow_view_identities"] => string(7) "members"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(20) "/admin.php?users/add"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Because I recognized the reference to @Daniel Hood 's "User Essentials" add-on I switched that add-on back to enabled and bingo, the user can be created just as expected.

My logic says now, that UserEss is conflicting with other add-ons, but is the origin of the problem, because it generates server errors even if switched OFF....

Right?

Well, it's errorimg when disabled because the php listener is supposed to set the default value for that column. I suppose that maybe the column should be set to null in the schema though.

I'll have to do some testing to see if it's actually the culprit of your original issue.

*still working on your other bug report by the way.

@Freelancer, I was able to just create an account from the admin panel with User Essentials installed so I don't believe that's the culprit. That just makes your server error the problem which is only a problem because the php file can't set a default value due to being disabled. I'll include a database query that sets that column to allow null in the next version's installer though.

Best would be to test it with the fixed version, then I can be sure it is not UserEss
You can execute:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user CHANGE useress_tags  useress_tags MEDIUMBLOB NULL;
Alternatively, couldn't you just enable User Essentials and no other add-ons?

Last edited:
ALTER TABLE`xf_user`CHANGE`useress_tags``useress_tags`MEDIUMBLOBNULL;
Will this fix the second problem permanently?

Alternatively, couldn't you just enable User Essentials and no other add-ons?
That's what I did and then I was able to create a user. Therefore it is strange. It leads me to thinking that this is a conflict between UserEss and any of those 41 other add-ons... :unsure:

By the way I can change and update users that are already created without any problem...

Will this fix the second problem permanently?
It should.

That's what I did and then I was able to create a user. Therefore it is strange. It leads me to thinking that this is a conflict between UserEss and any of those 41 other add-ons... :unsure:

By the way I can change and update users that are already created without any problem...
I see what you mean. Execute the query I sent you. Enable the other 41 add-ons with User Essentials disabled. You should get the same error that you got in the first case. If so, it's not related to User Essentials. If not, it's a conflict and we have to figure out with which add-on.

There we go... I can calm your mind. The fix fixed the issue when the add-on (and all add-ons) are disabled. With all add-ons disabled (or with only UserEss enabled) it works. Now we can be sure it is another add-on. I will now test it with the 41 others... :rolleyes:
Thanks for your fast help @Daniel Hood. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom