1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Essentials [Paid] 2.6.6

Provide your members with additional username, thread, and post functions.

1. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Syndol submitted a new resource:

User Essentials - Enhanced Version - Provide your members with additional username, thread, and post functions.

Read more about this resource...

RoldanLT likes this.
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

How do we go about upgrading our licences from User Essentials 1.1.5? I'd like to do this ;)

3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Just PC me :)

MattW likes this.
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I might purchase this soon. (y)

5. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Will there be more features added overtime?

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I PC'd

7. MasterPiece

MasterPiece Active Member

so if buy this one i don't need the old version right?

8. Syndol

Syndol Guest

If you only get the upgrade, then that means that you still own only one copy of the add-on to be used on a single forum.
    For multiple websites you will need to purchase additional copies at full price.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
  9. MasterPiece

MasterPiece Active Member

Maybe i wasnt clear pardon me im french. what im trying to say . is that i dont have the other version. and if i buy this one do i need to buy the old version for this enhanced version to work ?

10. Syndol

Syndol Guest

I've edited my above post in order to be a little clearer.
    This add-on is the full basic version plus the additional username features.
    You do not need the basic version in order to do a fresh install of this one.
    If you are upgrading from an older version, the you must have version 1.1.2 or newer installed first.

adaaamb and MasterPiece like this.
  11. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Purchased the upgrade :)

Feature suggestion.. Ability to charge for a name change using bd banker.

12. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Fantastic upgrade.

username_change.PNG

Syndol likes this.
  13. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Will you be updating the regular User Essentials as well or just moving forward with the Enhanced version from now on?

14. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Right now I can't think of any new features but when I do, some will only be included with this version while others will be included in both.

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh was this inspired by how username changes are handled on Xenforo? The username changes are put in our title?

16. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Yes, its an option.

17. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Awesome add-on keeping my eye on it until i am done with upgrading .

18. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Just had this error pop up in the server error logs

Code:
    ErrorException: Undefined variable: userIdQuoted - library/UserEss/DataWriter/User.php:44
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 22 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/z22se/public_html/library/UserEss/DataWriter/User.php(44): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/z22se/pub...', 44, Array)
    #1 /home/z22se/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1767): UserEss_DataWriter_User->_postDelete()
    #2 /home/z22se/public_html/library/UserSelfDelete/CronEntry/DeleteUsers.php(35): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
    #3 [internal function]: UserSelfDelete_CronEntry_DeleteUsers::deleteMarkedUsers(Array)
    #4 /home/z22se/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
    #5 /home/z22se/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(20): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
    #6 /home/z22se/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(197): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 9.99999713898, '')
    #7 /home/z22se/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(320): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.99999713898, '', false)
    #8 /home/z22se/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(273): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #9 /home/z22se/public_html/deferred.php(15): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #10 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(35) "http://www.z22se.co.uk/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(3) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(58) "/resources/hosecoil-suds-blaster-pro-soap-rinse-nozzle.67/"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

Not quite sure if it's related to this add-on, or the UserSelfDelete add-on from @Chris Deeming

EDIT: It's triggered by the cron to delete users marked for deletion in the UserSelfDelete add-on

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  19. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It's this add-on, as I can't delete ANY user now on the forum:

Code:
    Server Error

Undefined variable: userIdQuoted

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in UserEss/DataWriter/User.php at line 44
    UserEss_DataWriter_User->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1767
    XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 1008
    XenForo_Controller->_deleteData() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 605
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/z22se/public_html/admin.php at line 13

20. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It's an easy fix

UserEss/DataWriter/User.php

PHP:
                    // delete from custom title cron

$db->delete('useress_unc_cron'"user_id = $userIdQuoted");
    change to
    PHP:
                    // delete from custom title cron

$userId $this->get('user_id');

$userIdQuoted $db->quote($userId);