UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I think I found a bug... if you scroll down the page with the fixed navigation stuck to the top of the browser, and you then hover over a nav tab to see a drop down sub-menu, and then you scroll back up to the top with the menu still open using your mouse wheel, the drop down menu scrolls up beyond the navigation bar - detaching from the navigation. I just tried it with the unmodified parent UI.X style to confirm that it's not my modified child style.

I think I found a bug... if you scroll down the page with the fixed navigation stuck to the top of the browser, and you then hover over a nav tab to see a drop down sub-menu, and then you scroll back up to the top with the menu still open using your mouse wheel, the drop down menu scrolls up beyond the navigation bar - detaching from the navigation. I just tried it with the unmodified parent UI.X style to confirm that it's not my modified child style.
Inverse also applies.. open a menu then scroll down and it becomes detached.

I'd propose to close all open popup windows when the navigation is stuck or unstuck.

Ha, you're right. I propose closing the popup menus upon scrolling. I can't imagine that's a setting though.

I'd also love to change the default JS functionality of the popups to auto close upon a couple seconds after mouse off. Wish I had the expertise to write that code myself.

I'm having an issue trying to modify the look of the selected navtab, with sublinks removed. There appears to be a top and bottom border that isn't there when sublinks are not removed. I'd like to remove those borders but cannot find them in the settings or the CSS. It looks like they're hard coded in the CSS - but where do I look?

Also, another potential bug - when you have drop down arrows turned off (so that a simple hover over the navtab links result in drop down popup menus), and you hover over a navtab and click it before the popup menu loads, nothing happens. You have to wait for the popup menu to load before you can click the tab and go to the page. It's annoying and I know my members will get frustrated, but I don't like the functionality of the arrows either. How can I change this so that a click on the navtab will work instantly without having to wait for the popup menu to load from the hover event?

Audentio updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Major Navigation Improvements

Hello everyone,

Today we are releasing the best-yet UI.X version. I might've said that before, but I still mean it. We have completely rewritten the way the navigation is coded to allow for more and more possibilities with less and less code. We've introduced new features such as moving the logo to the navigation for super-modern design styles and also saving space. We've also built javascript functions that will allow you to move the position of elements anywhere in the page (without using...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You have the gift that you release big updates hours after I do an update of your style :eek:

Or it's just me :whistle:

I've the sticky navigation and userbar ticked; but it doesn't 'stick' in my local setup. Not sure what's exactly wrong.

Mike, I know you probably answer this a million times, but what is the best way forward for someone like me who is using Drift currently to upgrade?

Do I upgrade UI.X now? Do I wait until there is an update to Drift? Or will there not be one?

Reactions: rdn
Mike, I know you probably answer this a million times, but what is the best way forward for someone like me who is using Drift currently to upgrade?

Do I upgrade UI.X now? Do I wait until there is an update to Drift? Or will there not be one?
Drift is upgraded, I just haven't said so yet here (just got done upgrading demo).

If you have UI.X unedited, just simply upload files (and overwrite) and then upload xml (and overwrite UI.X). If you have Drift unedited, same process.

If you have directly edited UI.X or Drift (meaning you didn't make a child style to make your updates to), I recommend you do so from now on. But if you did not, its really quite tough to do an upgrade with XenForo.

thanks for update!

can you please delete these files next time before upload new version? :)
1x thumbs.db
37x desktop.ini

Thanks Mike.

Yeah I have UI.X > Drift > Xen Media Gallery (Child of Drift)

So I'll get on with doing the upgrades now all painless like :) Thank you. Great update.

Thanks Mike.

Yeah I have UI.X > Drift > Xen Media Gallery (Child of Drift)

So I'll get on with doing the upgrades now all painless like :) Thank you. Great update.
Thanks Chris :). Yeh, if you everyone did their theme organization like yours, you'd never have to worry about upgrades. Just quick and easy! :D

Any console errors?
This:-

Code:
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), not all, not all, not all, only screen and (min-resolution: 192dpi), only screen and (min-resolution: 2dppx)
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost/xf/js/audentio/uix/jquery.cookie.js?_v=3d3e0add
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://localhost/xf/js/audentio/uix/functions.min.js?_v=3d3e0add
XenForo.activate(
#document
) xenforo.js?_v=3d3e0add:220
XenForo.init() 63ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev xenforo.js?_v=3d3e0add:209
Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. all.js:53
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:53
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi) tweet_button.1397165098.html:1
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi)

Top Bottom