Today I am showing a preview of my latest design for XenForo: UI.X.
Basically, I realized that not only was I wasting my time covering a bunch of themes coded with their own features, those features could be compiled into a "framework". Now I know a few other designers have released a framework, but XenForo makes it so simple that I have to create one of my own as well.
My framework will not be as feature-rich (or packed) as some of the others. I find that some people have a whole list of features that most people will never even touch. So I am keeping it simple, although not too simple
Here is the planned feature list. Please note that I do not guarantee that any one of these is for sure going to be implemented, but most of them will and this is at least what I'm planning. Based on feedback and if people are even going to use it, the more features I will then implement. Naturally
- Global Border Radius: With the change of one or two values you will be able to change the border radius value over the entire design
- Social Media Icons (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus will for sure, let me know if you have any requests)
- Logo as text if you prefer (I find that requiring people to open Photoshop is not fair, even if the design of the logo will be altered at least you won't need to create your own if you do not have one yet)
- Fixed User Bar (At the top, there is a "user bar". What I mean by fixed is that there will be an option to have it fixated to your browser window. So your alerts, inbox, account, and of course the search bar is right there no matter how far along in a thread you might be)
- We *might* package the AD Styler in this so you can have your visitors change the style themselves
- I can guarantee multiple styles. They will most likely have to be purchased separately, but I want to do a dark theme, a colorful theme, and perhaps something heavily textured and grungy. The idea behind this UI is to change a few values and few backgrounds and you can drastically change the way the theme looks.
- Sidebar position (right/left)
- Sidebar collapse (If I can get it to work, I want the sidebar to slide to the left if its on the left and to the right if its on the right rather than just collapse into oblivion)
- Forum Category tabs (tabs at the top of the forum home that label all the categories): Perhaps this will offer a neater alternative and a unique perspective on forum-ing.
- Support for XenPortal (this is the only plugin Audentio Design supports officially, any other third party plugin modifications will need to be requested specifically on a per-person basis.
- MOBILE SUPPORT (maybe, we will see what XenForo are working on right now)
You might be wondering why things are "big", and that is because I was thinking of having a "small, medium, big" link option. This is the big. The padding is also a bit big, but this is intentional.
Thanks, and any feedback (good or bad) is much appreciated!