UI.X from Audentio Design

This theme looks more like a computer application than a forum.
Is that a good thing? :D
I guess I was referring mainly to the stats above the footer and the node list...both of those elements, while appealing, look like IPB to me. Not a big deal mind you, just the impression it left me with. ;)
Ah, well all I don't see how the node list is like anything in particular, but perhaps the stats. Didn't even try to do that, I just wanted a way of saving sidebar space. :P

I say keep everything the way it is. If you start changing it, I will hunt you down..and then give you a chocolate easter bunny (with a bomb inside it ) and then blow you up!!!

LOL ok im just kidding and yes that was just straight out of my head as i typed it.

Ok now that I look at the preview more, I do have one thing to say. Maybe make the forum nodes smaller.

I never did comment on the style but looking at the screenshot I'm liking the colours you've used. I don't think we see enough green themed styles so this with regards to colour usage gets a thumbsup. Overall, I like the layout and the overall style design very nice job.

What I think needs improved or rather, scaled down are the node icons they're far to large imo. The icons that reside to the right (thread/post and subforum icons) could do with undergoing a re-design. For me they look a little low quality compared to the rest of the theme so I think re-visiting them perhaps not introducing a gradient on them will give them a crispier/sharper look.

I'd also remove the grid like gradient in the background, I think a one colour non pattern effect is the way to go with this.

Overall though, shaping up very nicely. (y)

I never did comment on the style but looking at the screenshot I'm liking the colours you've used. I don't think we see enough green themed styles so this with regards to colour usage gets a thumbsup. Overall, I like the layout and the overall style design very nice job.

Thanks a lot Shelley!!

What I think needs improved or rather, scaled down are the node icons they're far to large imo. The icons that reside to the right (thread/post and subforum icons) could do with undergoing a re-design. For me they look a little low quality compared to the rest of the theme so I think re-visiting them perhaps not introducing a gradient on them will give them a crispier/sharper look.

I'd also remove the grid like gradient in the background, I think a one colour non pattern effect is the way to go with this.

Overall though, shaping up very nicely. (y)

I agree entirely. When I originally designed UI.X I was thinking of doing a mobile-friendly skin that could also serve as a main skin. In other words, I wanted all the elements to be a bit larger so they were easier to click on, I wanted these elements and functionality simplified, and I wanted to be able to accomplish this without making it look like a mobile skin. I thought it would be possible to kinda mix the two styles (mobile and not mobile), since browsers these days and speeds being what they are really don't always need an extremely simplified skin. But then I reconsidered and thought that the people who want a mobile skin probably do want it stripped down, and the people who want a main theme probably want it to be spruced up. So, alas, here I am, reconsidering :P In the next version I do believe I will do as you've said here and make it more like a normal design, with elements a bit smaller. I might still do a mobile subskin though, have yet to decide on that however. I am awaiting the next announcement from XenForo to hear what they have planned before I begin development on this skin or a mobile skin.

Again, thanks for your opinion, you are right on the money.

Top Bottom