User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I just got back from Orlando for a mini vacation. I'll look into getting this added for you though. Give me a few days.

You don't need to pay full price. just sign up on xenmods.com with the same email you were receiving updates to and I'll get you in the user group for a discount based on how long you had your license. At this point it's likely to be around 50%.

No, you're all set. Just add User Essentials to your cart on xenmods.com and you should see a discount of $15 automatically appear. If you already had it in your cart, you will need to empty your cart and start again.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I'm running into an issue where even when "Prevent" was set for "Allow Previous Names" the names can be taken.
I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of XenForo, but it appears to be related to how the username itself is attained.

(In actionRegister from UserEss/ControllerPublic/Register.php)
PHP:
$username = $this->_input->filterSingle('username', XenForo_Input::STRING);
Doesn't seem to work. (Perhaps this has something to do with the field names being hashed?)
However, I did find a suitable subsitution with:
PHP:
$inputData = $this->_getRegistrationInputDataSafe();
$data = $inputData['data'];
$username = $data['username'];

I'm unsure of how I'd fix the issue in the actionValidateField method, though.

Edit:

As a second question, I noticed something strange.
actionValidateField appears to refer to any field, but the validation doesn't confirm that you're specifically looking at the username field. Does this mean that previous usernames would also count as invalid password, custom fields, etc?

Last edited:
Hi Daniel,

From a post I saw some of these functions are replaced with 1.5 core features. Will you be releasing an update to remove these or is it just fine to configure the XF ones that are replaced in this if you have a list or does your ones provide a bit extra to those functions?

I upgrade to Beta2 on a test site without issue on these so just wondering, cheers.

Hi Daniel,

From a post I saw some of these functions are replaced with 1.5 core features. Will you be releasing an update to remove these or is it just fine to configure the XF ones that are replaced in this if you have a list or does your ones provide a bit extra to those functions?

I upgrade to Beta2 on a test site without issue on these so just wondering, cheers.

The biggest thing that I believe is replaced is in regards to profile post comments. You can just revoke the permission from your main user group for the commenting permissions prefixed with "UserEss - ". If you have the permission I included + the XenForo one, you'll see two edit buttons for example.

For Custom User Upgrade Amounts, would it possible to have an option for setting a minimum price? (If there is not one already)

So for example an upgrade available for $5 or any amount of their choice higher than that

Last edited:
Daniel Hood updated User Essentials - Enhanced Version with a new update entry:

What's New:
  • Fixed a bug with the user permission that allows users to soft delete posts within their own thread.
  • A fix for XenForo 1.5 adding a second Edit button on profile post comments (if you're on 1.5 it basically revokes the user essentials permission from users that allowed them to edit their profile post comments before).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Daniel, the bug I reported here seems to be there still w/2.3.1. I tried clearing my cache to see if it would help, but I'm still getting the same error.

I misunderstood the problem when you initially posted it. For some reason I thought you were talking about the two Edit buttons. I will look into this issue.

Just to confirm, keep the option to not set for profile post setting? Cheers
What? If anything you should not-set the UserEss - Edit Comment (not sure if that's the exact name, can't look right now) as eventually I'll remove it. You should set XenForo's core new permission to the proper setting.

I am using XF's one, but in a post above I think it was you mentioned to revoke/not set the one for User Essentials so just confirming to still use that lol

Top Bottom