User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I would like to enable the "Lock / Unlock own thread" option in one particular forum (called "Marktplatz (Biete / Suche / Verschenke"). I tried nearly everything but I fear there is an error in my thoughts.

permissions.webp

Why is the final value "No"? Could you please assist me with the permission settings? Thanks!

Does the below feature work with XF 1.4? Because when setting an upgrade's price to 0.00, it doesn't change the field to a custom one... it only shows up as 0.00 in the upgrade page... at least for me... can you show a screenshot of how it should look / work in XF 1.4?

• Custom User Upgrade Amounts. By setting the upgrade price to 0, you can allow the user to pay any price for the upgrade.

http://xenmods.com/account/upgrades

Click Purchase. It let's you enter an amount on paypal before paying.
Seems to work on my forum too (lets choose an amount on paypal). But for some reason the 0.00 USD price is still shown above the purchase button on the account upgrade page, not sure why, maybe because of customized account upgrade template...

However, I think it would be nicer if there was a slider / custom field above the purchase button where a user can choose the custom amount directly on the account upgrade page, and then that is reflected on the paypal payment page.

As a suggestion.

Waiting on the update that you'll implement the ability for specific permission based user groups to delete posts inside their own thread which they are the author of (so much spam). Then I'm ready to buy!

Daniel Hood updated User Essentials - Enhanced Version with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

What's New:

• Fixes ghost alerts for username change requests (for staff to be notified).
  • Fixes users being able to lock/unlock their own threads.
  • Shows when a user has a pending username change on the admin profile view. Useful in a situation where they requested it when the board required approval but then the board changed it to be automatically applied.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would you also consider adding the option to edit "Waindigo Custom Fields" in this mod for specific user groups?

Alright. That's fine. Any update on "Waiting on the update that you'll implement the ability for specific permission based user groups to delete posts inside their own thread which they are the author of (so much spam). Then I'm ready to buy!"

I would like to enable the "Lock / Unlock own thread" option in one particular forum (called "Marktplatz (Biete / Suche / Verschenke"). I tried nearly everything but I fear there is an error in my thoughts.

View attachment 98902

Why is the final value "No"? Could you please assist me with the permission settings? Thanks!

Can anyone please help me with this matter? It still doesn't work with the new version. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Hi there,

Just purchased this, excellent addition to have on the forum however, in permissions I am unable to see any additional poll settings, just the default ones which registered users have and would like to alter the ones as per your picture for the plugin for premium members.

Perhaps this has changed in the newer versions but any help would be appreciated, thank you.

That should be working now. Can anyone confirm that it is or isn't?

I fear it doesn't. I'm already using the latest version of your plugin 2.2.1 with xenforo 1.4.5.

While my goal is to only allow closing the own thread in one particular forum the behavior of the plugin is very confusing for me.

first test by analyzing the permissions:
1.webp
doesn't work

second test by also allowing the usergroup to close their own threads:
2.webp
doesn't work

third test by not changing the forum permissions to yes:
3.webp
does work, but now it does work in all forums which is not what I wanted to achieve.

Hi there,

Just purchased this, excellent addition to have on the forum however, in permissions I am unable to see any additional poll settings, just the default ones which registered users have and would like to alter the ones as per your picture for the plugin for premium members.

Perhaps this has changed in the newer versions but any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Which xenforo version are using? 1.4 introduced the same features So they were removed from this add on. Unless I'm thinking of something different.

@jb-net I'll have to troubleshoot this when I get back from my honeymoon.

Ah ok, knew to using XenForo so just saw the options missing and was wondering - just wanted the thread locking thing anyway, thanks!

Im getting tons of those errors every minute:
ErrorException: Declaration of UserEss_Model_Thread::canAddPoll() should be compatible with XenForo_Model_Thread::canAddPoll(array $thread, array $forum, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $nodePermissions = NULL, array $viewingUser = NULL) - library/UserEss/Model/Thread.php:0
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Can you help please?

Top Bottom