User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Question - I have a user who says they submitted a username change. Where would I find that request to approve it? I checked their profile and see nothing about the change request. I checked the Users Awaiting Approval and don't see him either.

The new version has built in AI. It didn't like the username submitted so it was auto-declined. :eek:
Actually, the user shared a screen shot that said it was pending approval. I have since turned off moderation for name changes. But can't find where to approve the ones that are pending - nor could I find it before I made the setting change. Where is the queue?

Question - I have a user who says they submitted a username change. Where would I find that request to approve it? I checked their profile and see nothing about the change request. I checked the Users Awaiting Approval and don't see him either.

Are you sure you have the permisison set up correctly to be able to approve them?

Actually, the user shared a screen shot that said it was pending approval. I have since turned off moderation for name changes. But can't find where to approve the ones that are pending - nor could I find it before I made the setting change. Where is the queue?

It's possible that there's a glitch where they can be stuck in limbo if you originally require approval and then change your mind and turn that off without everyone already being cleared. I'll have to check.

@Daniel Hood I bought this mod in 24/10/2013 - how could we make a deal to extended the support for another year?

Sign up on xenmods.com, I'll put you in the user group that indicates you had a license for over a year, then you'll be able to renew the license for nearly a 50% discount.

Are you sure you have the permisison set up correctly to be able to approve them?

It's possible that there's a glitch where they can be stuck in limbo if you originally require approval and then change your mind and turn that off without everyone already being cleared. I'll have to check.

Sign up on xenmods.com, I'll put you in the user group that indicates you had a license for over a year, then you'll be able to renew the license for nearly a 50% discount.
Where would I look for the queue to see who needs approval?

Can anyone let me know where the approval queue is supposed to be located for user name changes? Is it on the user's profile page on the front end? Or are those users dumped in the users awaiting moderation queue?

I gave the Admin group permission to manage user name changes but the user in question is not showing up in that queue. Should I change it back to moderate all user name changes to see if the user shows up there? Or is there a way I can wipe those users in the queue?

You would think there should be a note on the Edit User screen that the user is awaiting approval for a name change request... at least it makes sense to show something about it there. Not that I need that functionality since I'll be allowing the changes without moderation, but for those people who will be using moderation.

For what it's worth, that worked. I turned on moderation again, found the Moderation link, approved the name change request, then turned moderation back off. The queue gets hidden and the users trapped there if you turn off moderation. Might want to make it so the Moderation links remains there if people are in the queue.

@Daniel Hood

Is there a bug in this addon?

Lock / Unlock own thread: Yes (Details)

(From analyze permissions on a specific node)

Yet there is no lock / unlock thing anywhere for a user that has the above permission correctly set?

How does that work?

@Daniel Hood

Is there a bug in this addon?

Lock / Unlock own thread: Yes (Details)

(From analyze permissions on a specific node)

Yet there is no lock / unlock thing anywhere for a user that has the above permission correctly set?

How does that work?

Yes, there does appear to be a bug with that feature. I'll work on getting it resolved for the next release.

Top Bottom