User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
This is a little bit strange:

You need to be at version 2.1.1 at least to be able to upgrade to xenforo 1.4 from 1.3 without an template compile error (we ran into that at our testforum).

If I try to install version 2.1.1 at our 1.3 live xenforo I always get an error "This Add-On requires XenForo version 1.4.0 or newer".

So, can you please instruct how we can upgrade to xf 1.4 without deinstalling and reinstalling UserEssentials first?

Thank you.

Enter debug mode and then go into the development tab of your admin panel and delete the only admin template mod that is assigned to user essentials.

Reactions: HWS
Hey Daniel, if I have User Essentials, which I purchased in May, and I need to run an update to be compatible with XF 1.4.3, do I now need to buy the Enhanced version?

I believe you should have been emailed the compatibility update before I even took over. If not, let me know what the issue is and I'll fix it or you can upgrade to user essentials enhanced for a nice discount.

I didn't see the email, though it might be in my spam folder. I went ahead and upgraded to enhanced, as I was in the middle of an XF upgrade and needed to fix it quick. I was getting server errors in the XF logs after the upgrade. If you wanted to help out with a discount that would be great!

How do I transfer my original purchase to XenMods since Syndol is no longer here? I still have the purchase emails. Or, do I have to buy it again?

Register onto XenMods.com, I'll put you in the appropriate user group to get you a discount buying your new license. You do have to buy a new license but depending on how long ago you bought the license from Syndol, you'll get a really nice discount on it.

Hey Daniel, I'm already registered. Not sure what you can do to help me since I was forced to purchase the new version when I was upgrading XF, while still being within my one year license window from the old add-on author.

I didn't see the email, though it might be in my spam folder. I went ahead and upgraded to enhanced, as I was in the middle of an XF upgrade and needed to fix it quick. I was getting server errors in the XF logs after the upgrade. If you wanted to help out with a discount that would be great!

Hey Daniel, I'm already registered. Not sure what you can do to help me since I was forced to purchase the new version when I was upgrading XF, while still being within my one year license window from the old add-on author.

Sorry I missed your post. If you need the version for the xF 1.4 fixes, I'll send that to you. Otherwise I can get you in the right user groups to update your license at the discount and get the newest features.

Sorry I missed your post. If you need the version for the xF 1.4 fixes, I'll send that to you. Otherwise I can get you in the right user groups to update your license at the discount and get the newest features.
Don't need the files Daniel, I was in the middle of a core XF upgrade and had to buy the plugin again and downloaded them already. If you'd like to refund that purchase (on Nov 25th) I'd gladly accept it. :)

Don't need the files Daniel, I was in the middle of a core XF upgrade and had to buy the plugin again and downloaded them already. If you'd like to refund that purchase (on Nov 25th) I'd gladly accept it. :)

Well, I assume you've upgraded to the version with the new features. I can give you a partial refund if you want.

Won't allowing the users to change the per page counts cause links pointing to forum content to break? I thought there was an issue with the way the script is written that makes it impossible to change per page settings without breaking links.

I really didn't think about the permalink. I do have an idea for a fix though, I'm going to suggest it as core functionality though.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-essentials-enhanced-version-paid.56107/page-7#post-868315 would be broken if the posts per page were changed here, however https://xenforo.com/community/posts/868315 will always work. I wonder what the reasoning for having the current link is.

Is there an ACP option to disable this feature? I don't want to let my users to use this feature cause of performance and corporate user experience reasons when someone loads 50 posts/threads each page load.
It's "disabled" by default. Just don't create the custom user fields that control it

Top Bottom