XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

2.0.1.9 - CHANGELOG

• Built-in support for WidgetBot's multiple optional cluster shards. Because of Discord's API limitation, a bot can only be in 2500 servers at once. Well WidgetBot has become popular enough that it has reached this limit. In turn, WidgetBot has added five extra clones of their bot, and you can choose which one to use.
    • Also added support for their beta shard.
  • Added a user option to disable direct message/conversation alerts from the discord bot.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok, what am I missing to get the embed chat working on the discord tab?

I have set and tried different shards, and now at the beta bot. All give the same error message for the embed chat:

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.30.49 pm.webp

The text channel is selected. There are no instructions for the shard or beta bots, other than inviting them to your server and pasting the embed code. This add-on, I assume, is supposed to be correctly adjusting that code based on the bot chosen and text room? Like I said, now at beta bot, as I got the same error with all shards, as I'm getting with the beta bot.

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.48.51 pm.webp

Their bot is invited and on the server. When you invite it, it has all the permissions checked. I have even made it an admin, just to see if that would work. Nope.

So both the beta bot and wotb bot are there, I have given both admin privileges for testing this... nope. Assigned their roles to the text chat. Nope.

Why isn't the wotb bot that is created during this process online? Shouldn't that be online? Isn't that the bot that does the talking and mapping user usergroup to discord roles? Isn't that the one doing the work between the two? Thus this isn't working?

If I disable the widget bot, then the page correctly shows the widget and invite link to the discord server now, which it didn't before the upgrade.

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.36.51 pm.webp

So the issue it seems is either the options selections are not correctly being written as the URL to map the room OR the bot is the issue being offline. Or both?

HELP!!!!!

1532707607335.webp

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method isCollap...', '/home2/xxx...', 935, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(935): trigger_error('Method isCollap...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/node_list_category.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(EWR\Discord\Entity\Node), 'isCollapsed_uix', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_list.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('node_list_categ...', 'depth1', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_list.php(64): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('forum_list', 'node_list_entry', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_list.php(226): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('forum_list', 'node_list', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_list', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Listin...', 'public:forum_li...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

Any ideas what's causing these errors?

Roles don't sync when a new role is added or an existing role is changed to another usergroup. Roles are only synced when the user is manually saved or re-associates their account.

Jaxel if you're interested I would pay for a feature to fix this, perhaps a daily cron that would hard-sync users.

Also there is a problem with username sync.
If a username has the same nickname as the forum, Discord will not create a custom nickname and the user will be able to change his username by changing his Discord username.
For instance:
Forum name: UserA
Discord: UserA#1234

When the user link his account, the bot tries to set UserA as a nickname. As the nickname and discord name are the same, Discord does not create a nickname.
If the user change his Discord to UserAWithANewUserName#1234, his name on the Discord will be UserAWithANewUserName instead of UserA.
Would that be possible to listen for Discord username change and enforce username synchronization?

View attachment 180625

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method isCollap...', '/home2/xxx...', 935, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(935): trigger_error('Method isCollap...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/node_list_category.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(EWR\Discord\Entity\Node), 'isCollapsed_uix', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_list.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('node_list_categ...', 'depth1', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_list.php(64): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('forum_list', 'node_list_entry', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_list.php(226): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('forum_list', 'node_list', Array, Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\Reactions\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_list', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Listin...', 'public:forum_li...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

Any ideas what's causing these errors?
Looks like a UI.X issue.

Roles don't sync when a new role is added or an existing role is changed to another usergroup. Roles are only synced when the user is manually saved or re-associates their account.

Jaxel if you're interested I would pay for a feature to fix this, perhaps a daily cron that would hard-sync users.
Roles are re-synced automatically every 24 hours.

Also there is a problem with username sync.
If a username has the same nickname as the forum, Discord will not create a custom nickname and the user will be able to change his username by changing his Discord username.
For instance:
Forum name: UserA
Discord: UserA#1234

When the user link his account, the bot tries to set UserA as a nickname. As the nickname and discord name are the same, Discord does not create a nickname.
If the user change his Discord to UserAWithANewUserName#1234, his name on the Discord will be UserAWithANewUserName instead of UserA.
Would that be possible to listen for Discord username change and enforce username synchronization?
Syncing is one way, XenForo to Discord... it does not sync Discord to XenForo.

Syncing is one way, XenForo to Discord... it does not sync Discord to XenForo.
That is not what I meant. I just mean that the following is wrong as a user CAN change his Discord username as long as he linked while his Discord username was the same as his forum username on a Discord server even when nick syncing is enabled and the permission to change nickname is disabled:
Enable nick syncing
A user's Discord nickname will be force-changed to match their XenForo username.
And therefore, you will have linked users with Discord usernames that does not match XenForo username.

Boards that depends on the fact that the Discord username must match the forum username should be warned that this is not the case at the moment.

That will NEVER be the case... you need to remove your user's abilities to change their username on Discord... otherwise they will be able to change it. That has nothing to do with this addon.

I'm enduring the same Discord problem as i mentioned before...

I've followed the installation guide correctly (normally) but i'm still blocking by a error displayed on my Discord page on my xenforo forum.
I've correctly added WidgetBot.io cl4 to my Discord Server (EU server). I've set #testbot channel with correct permission to the user WidgetBot.io cl4.
I've correctly set in XenForo options, the WidgetBot.io channel post (#testbot)

Use the new sharding options.
I don't know what you're talking about :/

In the documentation : https://docs.widgetbot.io/tutorial/
They say : "After you add one of the bots to your server, you need to pick a format to use in your website.
You can choose between Crate and one of our inline formats."

Once again, i don't see this choice :/

Regards

Attachments

• discord-bug.webp
    discord-bug.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 12
  • discord-bug-2.webp
    discord-bug-2.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 13
  • discord-bug3.webp
    discord-bug3.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
  • discord-bug4.webp
    discord-bug4.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I don't know what you're talking about
You have selected it in your ACP options, above. You selected cluster 4. Now go and invite cluster 4 bot to your server.

The issue I had is that I had adjusted the @everyone permissions, which restricted the bot. Don't adjust them. Create private rooms once you have it all working, with one public room that is used for the widget bot to sync with your site.

One public room for widget bot, then private everything else if you want it member only based on roles.

There are parts of the Forum that I do not want this to post into discord. Is there a way to prevent the integration from listening to specific nodes?

Top Bottom