XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi guys, why did the bot stop issuing roles in the discord?
Everything worked, but then it stopped.
Alerts in the channels work, but the bot does not give the role.
1533404124437.webp

Xenforo Version: v2.0.7
Plugin Version: EWR-Discord-2.0.1.9

Need some support, went through and setup the ClientID, Secret and Bot Token twice. Testing the provider in the admin panel.

However I cant link accounts from connected accounts or get the group list from my guild. In my server logs I have the following error:
Code:
XF\PrintableException: Macro admin:option_macros :: option_row() error: An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later. src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php:55
Generated by: xCausxn Aug 6, 2018 at 6:39 PM

Code:
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Option/WidgetBot.php(12): EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->getGuild('/channels')
#1 [internal function]: EWR\Discord\Option\WidgetBot::renderOption(Object(XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#2 src/XF/Entity/Option.php(75): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\Option), Array)
#3 [internal function]: XF\Entity\Option->renderDisplayCallback(Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(939): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(194): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\Option), 'renderDisplayCa...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php(478): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_row', Array, Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_list.php(64): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('option_macros', 'option_form_blo...', Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('option_list', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Option\\Listi...', 'admin:option_li...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#18 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#19 {main}

From looking at the Stack Trace, is there an incompatibility with the Steam Auth Plugin?
https://xenforo.com/community/resou...ed-accounts-new-analytics-xf1-importing.6088/

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:
Did you give it the right permissions? Are you behind SSL?

Is your server set to private? Did you read the FAQ?

Is there a way to tie in the forum user name to the discord widget? Currently, when a forum user interacts with discord via this add-on it asks them what name they want to use. While only registered users and above can currently see the discord chat page and widget, this is going to cause a problem. The add-on doesn't record their user name or IP or times of messages. So, if they toss a random name in, there's no way to trace the message back to a user for disciplinary purposes.

We had a user recently return from a temp ban on the forums who then decide to curse out other users on our discord channel using this add-on and the only way we were able to identify them was their behavioral traits and mentions back to a recent ban.

Is there a way to tie in the forum user name to the discord widget? Currently, when a forum user interacts with discord via this add-on it asks them what name they want to use. While only registered users and above can currently see the discord chat page and widget, this is going to cause a problem. The add-on doesn't record their user name or IP or times of messages. So, if they toss a random name in, there's no way to trace the message back to a user for disciplinary purposes.

We had a user recently return from a temp ban on the forums who then decide to curse out other users on our discord channel using this add-on and the only way we were able to identify them was their behavioral traits and mentions back to a recent ban.

Yeah to be honest this feature is pretty useless right now. I've just had it disabled and leave the menu entry option on so users can see how many people are in the Discord and join through that if they wish.

Yeah to be honest this feature is pretty useless right now. I've just had it disabled and leave the menu entry option on so users can see how many people are in the Discord and join through that if they wish.

I think you'll want to reach out to the widgetbot.io crew for that one -- I'm pretty sure Jaxel's add-on just includes a bridge for them. Otherwise the add-on is just for synching roles and announcing new posts/threads (useful features, imo). If you invited the bot to your server, you may already be in their Discord channel. In there, they have an FAQ with the following (latest update 7/15/18):

Important Notes about WidgetBot V2.0
There are currently some features missing, which will be implemented in an later version. The following things will be added soon:​
  • Configurator.
  • Discord-login.
  • Moderation-tools (mute, ban Widget-users/IPs)
  • Compact-mode.
Until they add Discord-login to the bot, you could disable guest-posting entirely, still allowing registered members view the latest messages by widget.

Thanks. Until this is an option in widgetbot, I added this code to the bottom of the embed script. At least that'll output their forum username to the channel when they first sign in. We'll see how that works.

Code:
<script>
const embed = document.getElementById('embed')
embed.on('signIn', data => {
embed.emit('sendMessage', '(a.k.a. {$xf.visitor.username})')
  })
</script>

Is there no way to disable or at least rate limit the bot messaging on new PMs?

My members send several thousand pms a day. I am going to have to disable this addon, from the looks of things.

Is there no way to disable or at least rate limit the bot messaging on new PMs?

My members send several thousand pms a day. I am going to have to disable this addon, from the looks of things.
Rate limits are on a per-route basis for Discord. So if you get rate limited on the DM route; it will only momentarily stop DMs. It will not stop any other function with the bot... but I will add in an option to completely disable DMs in the next version.

Something between "Give this member a hundred messages over the course of the hour" and "Give them nothing" would be nice. Easiest thing to do would be to let up if their last activity is fairly recent.

Top Bottom