There have been a lot of problems with Widgetbot integration during the past few months. Even though the Widgetbot integration was a completely optional part of the addon, its one that everybody wanted to use... and the problems with Widgetbot made the addon seem broken. The Widgetbot guys just didn't have the resources to sustain all the demand for their service.
Last month however, Widgetbot released their source code open source. With open source, anyone can now run their own Widgetbot cluster... preferably clusters that didn't constantly crash like the official ones did. With this update, I've changed a bit of how the cluster selection works, and added in the first third-party cluster at DisWeb. So far this cluster seems to work far better than the official clusters... and according to Widgetbot's own Uptime Tracker, is also far more stable.
- Real-time syncing of username/usergroup changes has been disabled. It can be re-enabled with a new option in the admin CP. This change was made due to possible rate limits being hit during mass usergroup promotions on large forums. Re-enable this option at your own risk.
- Fixed an issue where post count numbers could be increased by 2 instead of 1 on new posts after they are sent to Discord.
- Built-in support for WidgetBot's multiple optional cluster shards. Because of Discord's API limitation, a bot can only be in 2500 servers at once. Well WidgetBot has become popular enough that it has reached this limit. In turn, WidgetBot has added five extra clones of their bot, and you can choose which one to use.
- Also added support for their beta shard.
- Added a user option to disable direct message/conversation alerts from the discord bot.
- Added differentiations between new conversations and replied conversation notifications.
- Hopefully fixed the "discord_options" bug with new installs. This fix will only apply to NEW installs, so if you're an existing install, and you're still seeing this error, please read the patch notes for 18.104.22.168.
If you are still having issues with a registration error:
- The Discord bot will now send direct messages to users on Discord when they receive a private message on your forums.
- Added a widget position to the right of the WidgetBot.io embed on the Discord index. You can use this position to bring the Discord user list widget back if you still want it.
- Updated WidgetBot.io Crate to version 3. Unfortunately, version 3 (and v2) of Crate do not support dark/light style changing; so no matter what, you'll see a dark Crate box.
- The Crate button will no longer show up on the Discord index.
- BUG FIX: re-ordered some $parent calls so that XF functions will be called FIRST, and Discord bot posting will defer itself towards the end of the line in the execution chain.
- BUG FIX: fixed an issue with XFMG media not correctly attaching the description.
This is due to an upgrade step being skipped when upgrading the addon. I have no idea why this upgrade step as skipped for you, and so far no one else has been able to figure it out either. However, you can solve this step by running either of the two lines of code: (do not run both)Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error : Unknown column 'discord_options' in 'field list' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
ALTER TABLE `xf_user_option` ADD `discord_options` BLOB NULL;
$ php cmd.php xf-addon:upgrade-step EWR/Discord 2012 1