- Added support for Discord's new "Community Server" system. The bot can now post directly to announcement channels on your Discord server.
- Added support for XenPorta articles. Now when you promote a thread to an article in XenPorta, you can have the article posted to your Discord server as well; with large article images too!
- Normalized some URLs as Discord has changed it's primary url from discordapp.com to discord.com
- Widgetbot Bot Cluster
disweb.dashflo.nethas been deprecated. It has been replaced by
e.widgetbot.io. It is highly recommended you update your bot cluster setting if you use Widgetbot.
This is a continuation of the 126.96.36.199 update that came out a few hours ago. I HIGHLY recommend you read the patch notes for that update as well:
ewr_discord. This will prevent collisions with other addons...
This is a pretty significant update. Lots of database and variable names have been changed.
As I already stated, lots of variables have been changed. This is to comply with official XenForo resource standards which were set in place after the initial creation of this addon. These standards were created to prevent resource collisions and other possible issues. Until this update, this addon has never complied with these standards.
- Prefixes have been added to database columns added by this addon.
- Serialized data has been converted to JSON arrays as per new specifications.
Many of the files in this addon have been updated to reflect these changes. I may have missed something. I tested everything on my forum, as well as possible issues with disabling the addon, and everything seems to be working okay.
- The account sync cron job has been made faster. Instead of syncing 1 account every 5 minutes (which limits to 288 accounts per day); the cron has been updated to run every 1 minute (which limits to 1440 accounts per day).
- You can now redefine the sync buffer limit on the options page. In previous versions, an account could only be synced with Discord once every 24 hours. You can now redefine this limit to make the buffer longer or shorter if needed.
- The connected accounts list will now do a better job at showing the user's avatar. It will also now include the user's discriminator ID. Unfortunately, the data may be blank until the user disconnects and reconnects their account.
I think some of the sync issues people have been having is due to a misunderstanding of how accounts are synced. Every time an account is changed on XENFORO, it is moved automatically to the front of the sync queue. However, if an account was changed on DISCORD; there was no way for XenForo to know about the changes; until the next time the account came up in the sync queue. This of course meant an account would have to wait up to 24 hours (or even more if your forum had more than 288 synced accounts on it) before the next time it cycled into the sync queue.
This means, if an account was connected on XENFORO; it was synced immediately. If the account was ALREADY a member of the Discord server, then that user immediately got all their roles as needed and everything appeared to be working properly. However, if the account was NOT a member of of the Discord server, XenForo would have no account to sync to. Then of course, when the user would join the server after the fact, there is no way for XenForo to know the account is now available to sync. So that account would have to wait till the next time it comes up in the sync queue... or they can disconnect and reconnect their account on XENFORO to force themselves back to the front of the sync queue.
- WidgetBot has been having a lot of issues with their clusters. They shut down their official clusters, and then DisWeb became the official cluster... but then DisWeb had their domain stolen from them by an ex-staff member, so that had problems well. So the cluster/shard option has been changed from a dropdown menu to a simple text field with
disweb.dashflo.netas the default value. So now you'll be more easily able to change the cluster at will... you could even use your own cluster if thats what you want to do.