XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
From the FAQ:

How often are accounts synced with Discord?

Accounts are synced one by one on a 1 minute basis by default. This means over a 24 hour period, it can do 1440 account syncs. The reason for this is to prevent rate limiting from the Discord API. When an account is altered on XenForo, it is moved to the front of this sync queue. When an account is altered on Discord, it will have to wait for the next time it comes up in the sync queue.
Keep in mind, that syncs are managed by the XenForo cron job system; which means cron jobs can only run when someone visits your forum. So if your forum is inactive, syncs will be delayed. You can work around this delay in XenForo 2.2 with configurable job triggering.

The roles syncing from Xenforo to Discord is working with no problems, but syncing from Discord to Xenforo doesnt even work

From the FAQ:

How often are accounts synced with Discord?

Accounts are synced one by one on a 1 minute basis by default. This means over a 24 hour period, it can do 1440 account syncs. The reason for this is to prevent rate limiting from the Discord API. When an account is altered on XenForo, it is moved to the front of this sync queue. When an account is altered on Discord, it will have to wait for the next time it comes up in the sync queue.
Keep in mind, that syncs are managed by the XenForo cron job system; which means cron jobs can only run when someone visits your forum. So if your forum is inactive, syncs will be delayed. You can work around this delay in XenForo 2.2 with configurable job triggering.
Do you understand me???, that answer isn't helpful at all
I repeat Xenforo to discord sync works perfectly but Discord to Xenforo doesnt function
any help regarding this issue ?

the sync queue had already happened, and still there is nothing I have tried & waited endlessly for days just to be sure.

My bot doesn't seem to be applying changes to my guild/server members?
The bot you set up in the installation process can only edit users with less "power" than them. When you create a bot, it creates a special "managed role" just for the bot. This role MUST remain at the TOP of your roles list. Even if this managed role has administrator permissions, it still can not edit members below it in the hierarchy. So if you move the role to the bottom, it wont be able to edit even the weakest of members within your guild/server.

What's the difference between XF > D and D > XF, from what I can understand XF > D means Xenforo will sync the role on Discord based on Xenforo user profile and vice versa. Is that it?

If I do D > XF, how long will it take to remove the role on user Xenforo profile when I remove it on Discord?

The bot's role is the highest since before, still it didn't work plus the bridge from Xenforo to Discord isn't the case, it works flawlessly but the bridge from Discord to Xenforo isnt working at all, In my case I want anyone who boosts the server and gets Server Booster role get into a specific usergroup automatically on XF, I tried everything did the server based trigger and its still not working.

I'm planning on buying your Database Backup addon, but after this kind off support its really hard to choose to buy your addon, I would rather buying same type addon made by another more supportive dev.

Then you'll have to PM me your server details so I can look at it more directly, because you've given me no specifics to outline your issue beyond "it doesn't work".

That's why I have to give you a solution one by one, to pin down exactly what doesn't work.

Does anyone here have information on what causes 502 gateway issues with Discord syncing?
Haven't had issues with this add-on for a long time. My cron jobs are server-trigger based and not activity. Could this be an issue with my cron job for this add-on?

Error
Code:
An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later.:
Server error: `GET https://discord.com/api/guilds/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/members/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?limit=1000` resulted in a `502 Bad Gateway`
response: <html><head> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"> <title>502 Server Error</title> </head> (truncated...)

src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php:60

Request state
Code:
array(1) {
  ["cli"] => string(59) "/var/www/vhosts/mywebsitedomain.com/httpdocs/cmd.php xf:run-jobs"
}

I seem to be running into an issue not unlike Ashley Vargrand's. However, the lines in which the errors are occurring are slightly different, and I am already on Xenforo 2.2.13 (your recommended fix to their issue was to upgrade to 2.1)

Any ideas as to what I'm bungling up? I'm pretty inexperience in my Xenforo-fu so I'm more than expecting that I goofed the installation process somehow.

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response::json() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php at line 46
EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->getGuild() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php at line 81
EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->patchMember() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/UserConnectedAccount.php at line 15
EWR\Discord\Entity\UserConnectedAccount->_preSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1366
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->preSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1219
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Repository/ConnectedAccount.php at line 126
XF\Repository\ConnectedAccount->associateConnectedAccountWithUser() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php at line 264
XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionConnectedAccountAssociate() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Sorry, I have not read 68 pages... Using this addon or anh other, is it possible to migrate xenforo forum structure, topics, posts data to a discord server as it is? and then syncing the new posts automagically from xenforo to discord. TIA

Can this plugin generate posts based on posts on discord? My plan is to link a ticketing system to the website so when users make a ticket it will make a new post on the website.

@Jaxel - We've been thinking about this type of integration. I saw in the video that there was a link at the top of the navbar that said Discord and have a red 1 beside it. Does that mean when you log into your forum account it will tell you that you have discord messages waiting?

1698628169512.png

Last edited:
I'd like to request a feature: We're currently using @Naz's ticket system add-on and I'd like to be able to set up a notification for discord when a new ticket is created or a ticket message was posted (so similar to threads/posts). Would that be something you'd consider implementing?

Top Bottom