Other Waindigo acquired by Audentio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with them being replaced by $10 premium versions, because it gives the developers the need to support them. In my opinion the majority of the time when something is done for free there is a chance it won't be as good as something that is done for money, epspecially when the developers full time jobs are making add ons. They are are most likely going to support the paid add ons before the free ones, which may never be touched or supported. I don't blame the Audentio team for making those add ons paid ones, especially because this move could mean a decent flow of updates, whether they are bug fixes or new features.

The way it seems to me is more like it's offering to support, previously unsupported, add-ons for $10/year.

Is there really full support included (until any bug will be fixed)? I cannot check the license and contract, because themehouse web site is currently heavily overloaded.

To answer my own question: No.

themehouse.com said:
Although we update (quite often in fact) our products, we do not specfically guarantee continued updates. Products are sold as is, bugs will be fixed as quickly as they can be, and features are not guaranteed.

Looks like real support is an additional $20 per month.

Last edited:
Is there really full support included (until any bug will be fixed)? I cannot check the license and contract, because themehouse web site is currently heavily overloaded.

To answer my own question: No.

Looks like real support is an additional $20 per month.
We have paid add-ons and free/open-source add-ons. If you want support for the open-source add-ons, we have support plans. But we do not specifically offer support for those anymore without a generic support plan, which is what that is.

Mike, that makes sense, paying for the support plan, if you still allow the free resources to be downloaded as unmaintained.

Removing those makes it look like you are just changing the free resources to paid resources, but your explanation (which I don't disagree with) is that people are now paying for a support contract.

Mike, that makes sense, paying for the support plan, if you still allow the free resources to be downloaded as unmaintained.

Removing those makes it look like you are just changing the free resources to paid resources, but your explanation (which I don't disagree with) is that people are now paying for a support contract.

The point of this is to keep things simple. We have just a few things now:

1. Premium add-ons (and themes). 1 year. Premium support (tickets, phone calls, etc). Roughly $10/ea with some really complicated add-ons being as much as $45 I believe.
2. Free add-ons (and themes). Indefinite. Standard support offered here at XenForo. Roughly $30/ea.
3. Open-sourced add-ons. Forever, always. Support can be offered by anyone, the community or us, with no guarantee.

We wanted to support our's and Jon's fundamental add-ons that are just good tools. Things like Install and Upgrade, Login as User, etc. Things we have no right charging for since they are just good, simple tools.

If you need consulting or premium support for free or open-sourced add-ons, or just general help, thats what that support package for $20/mo is for.

So... I'm very confused.

Is there a general roundup post? I don't know where the information is...

Liam

Reactions: Xon
So... I'm very confused.

Is there a general roundup post? I don't know where the information is...

Liam
Yes I am writing that up actually. We had to delete the other thread and deal with support/development for the day.
Nope, in fact with many of us coming from vB Land.. were use to Lite and Pro versions.. Basically same thing as unsupported and subscription support.
This is something I would argue many do find confusing. Why have two threads for one thing. We bought the add-ons, we had to pay the price for them. Whatever reasons that may have been, it was a decision Jon agreed to.

In my opinion, it's not as confusing as people seeing the TH paid addons, thinking they're newly developed, "purchasing" them for $10, and wonder why they are no longer actively developed.
This is a limitation with XenForo, we did not want to have to remove those. I understand XenForo's viewpoint, they don't want to switch a free to paid or vice versa. But its not as though we had a decision in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom