WARNING - Don't get burnt by Waindigo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping you weren't so bothered about some of those things.

Small extra detail - Waindigo goes into a lot of detail later trying to show that
a) some things on the original site don't work well, and users on the site have complained about this, so Waindigo wants to improve it by cutting out the awkward bits uses don't like.
b) offering alternative functions that would work bettr.

I think myself if a client insists on having something their way, they are entitled to have it even if it is ugly or inefficient. I have had a couple of small runs with Waindigo on this issue - I want it MY way! but in the end I do get it the way I want it.
But I can also see that's tough on a coder who has high standards.

Mistakes were made by both parties.

Good summary. Neither made their agreement clear enough.
I note Waindigo has admitted he should have been clearer. Hope ibaker can do the same so they can move on to a solution.

$173 to close this seems fair.
Is this agreeable by both parties ?

I guess we're all waiting for ibaker. But he was very angry so I expect that will need a bit of time. Understandable.

I guess we're all waiting for ibaker. But he was very angry so I expect that will need a bit of time. Understandable.
$300 would make me angry too :ROFLMAO:
If it was a lower price ($100-$200 range) I'd have blown it off and hired someone else to continue where it was left.

Small extra detail - Waindigo goes into a lot of detail later trying to show that
a) some things on the original site don't work well, and users on the site have complained about this, so Waindigo wants to improve it by cutting out the awkward bits uses don't like.
b) offering alternative functions that would work bettr.

I think myself if a client insists on having something their way, they are entitled to have it even if it is ugly or inefficient. I have had a couple of small runs with Waindigo on this issue - I want it MY way! but in the end I do get it the way I want it.
But I can also see that's tough on a coder who has high standards.

Good summary. Neither made their agreement clear enough.
I note Waindigo has admitted he should have been clearer. Hope ibaker can do the same so they can move on to a solution.

Sorry Mate, you have this incorrect...the users on my site were complaining that they couldn't use the vb mod in XF as it was when I had it in a vb site...they can't use all the fields because of the non integration with XF...the WHOLE purpose of paying someone to replicate it for XF...and what was provided didn't have all the fields

The ownership issue is a bigger deal for me. I'm willing to compromise on price if you are willing to compromise on this.
You deliver exactly everything as requested, for the price that has already been paid and I will forgo the ownership in terms of that I can still get any other developer to make any changes I need to it in the future for my use...in other words, I own it for my own sites PLUS, you release it to all XF users and that it always remains free to them

$300 would make me angry too :ROFLMAO:
If it was a lower price ($100-$200 range) I'd have blown it off and hired someone else to continue where it was left.
Respectfully.... Some people work real hard for every dollar they have. So every dollar spent is a dollar spent. And every dollar lost is a dollar lost.

If you're ripped off, you're ripped off. Period.

You deliver exactly everything as requested, for the price that has already been paid and I will forgo the ownership in terms of that I can still get any other developer to make any changes I need to it in the future for my use...in other words, I own it for my own sites PLUS, you release it to all XF users and that it always remains free to them
Might take several attempts to make sure it is exactly what you requested. I don't think there is anyone* who doesn't want this sorted quickly, so I'm happy to accept. You are clearly reluctant to send me any more money and that is completely understandable.

Sorry everyone and thanks for all your help in resolving this.

(* reserved for Adam Howard)

Might take several attempts to make sure it is exactly what you requested. I don't think there is anyone* who doesn't want this sorted quickly, so I'm happy to accept. You are clearly reluctant to send me any more money and that is completely understandable.

Sorry everyone and thanks for all your help in resolving this.

(* reserved for Adam Howard)
You'd be wrong.... I'm glad you agreed to the terms iBaker suggested. As I thought they were the most understandable and reasonable ones anyone could offer.

You have:
The vb mod files including all code and templates used
The Manual showing everything about the mod, its fields, its screen shots etc
A fully working default install of which you have been given access to as a site administrator for you to experience and see the vb mod in a vb environment that you can use to replicate the mod in an XF environment

You have:
The vb mod files including all code and templates used
The Manual showing everything about the mod, its fields, its screen shots etc
A fully working default install of which you have been given access to as a site administrator for you to experience and see the vb mod in a vb environment that you can use to replicate the mod in an XF environment
Are we downgrading to Google Maps API v2?

Respectfully.... Some people work real hard for every dollar they have. So every dollar spent is a dollar spent. And every dollar lost is a dollar lost.

If you're ripped off, you're ripped off. Period.

Agreed. Ripped off is ripped off. I just wouldn't be as angry if it was less :) $300 would have me raging and I'd be bugging the hell out of paypal lol $300 is almost a week pay check for me haha. I take all sorts of **** and wear many different hats for my job. Hard work for the dollar is not foreign to me! I just see this in a different light. I completely side with ibaker but I do know Waindigo is reasonable mostly from his free add-ons. If he's reasonable with free, then I assume paid should be even more so. Though this is the internet and it is certainly a roller coaster of mysteries lol

Agreed. Ripped off is ripped off. I just wouldn't be as angry if it was less :) $300 would have me raging and I'd be bugging the hell out of paypal lol $300 is almost a week pay check for me haha. I take all sorts of **** and wear many different hats for my job. Hard work for the dollar is not foreign to me! I just see this in a different light. I completely side with ibaker but I do know Waindigo is reasonable mostly from his free add-ons. If he's reasonable with free, then I assume paid should be even more so. Though this is the internet and it is certainly a roller coaster of mysteries lol
I flipped out once because someone took $50 and didn't do a single line of code. Just took the money and ran. Even made a point to laugh about it and publicly admit to doing it. So I know what it's like to be short changed.

We have a different experience with Waindigo

I too judge people on how they support their free add-ons and interact with the community. I've only asked for help from him 2x. Both of them were bug related and nothing more... ie... No custom work and no feature request, just a single bug
  • First time he said he would only fix the bug if he was paid for it (told others the same thing)
  • Second time he attacked another developer and said a lot of harsh things about that person
But I respect your opinion and recognize that we may each have a different view-point and experience. Waindigo in my opinion is someone who I would label as a profiteer.

I flipped out once because someone took $50 and didn't do a single line of code. Just took the money and ran. Even made a point to laugh about it and publicly admit to doing it. So I know what it's like to be short changed.

We have a different experience with Waindigo

I too judge people on how they support their free add-ons and interact with the community. I've only asked for help from him 2x. Both of them were bug related and nothing more... ie... No custom work and no feature request, just a single bug
  • First time he said he would only fix the bug if he was paid for it (told others the same thing)
  • Second time he attacked another developer and said a lot of harsh things about that person
But I respect your opinion and recognize that we may each have a different view-point and experience. Waindigo in my opinion is someone who I would label as a profiteer.
Getting no code is a different story entirely for me! lol

I think I know what you're referencing to with the bug fix. Never followed that and I suppose it didn't concern my own needs since I didn't join in the request lol. The harsh things he said I was aware of and I did not agree with that but I stayed out of that

That's the great thing about Paypal.....you can always report the entire thing to their claims office, present them will all of your evidence, and get refunded. So no money lost. Paypal is pretty safe in this regard.

That's the great thing about Paypal.....you can always report the entire thing to their claims office, present them will all of your evidence, and get refunded. So no money lost. Paypal is pretty safe in this regard.

Wish it was this easy getting seller protection for digital goods!

Not only do people buy and then redistribute premium addons, but no matter what evidence you give they end up getting their money back too.

Not only do people buy and then redistribute premium addons, but no matter what evidence you give they end up getting their money back too.

Sucks, but in his situation it's a gift. I don't care how people abuse the system personally. I don't, I didn't know you could do that until just now, and I'm not terribly interested in it anyways.

Besides I've met some very good developers here on Xen who've I've even allowed be admins on my board to fix things I could not. Russ, Stewart1Champ, SonnB - I owe these guys a lot. ;)

It's another reason why I hate paypal.

Someone tried to do this to me on Payza. Now Payza took a little longer to resolve the matter. But unlike paypal.... They told the buyer where he could take his argument (if you catch my meaning) and no refund was issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom