• Start date Start date
@Daniel Hood

Urgent error after updating to 2.4.1

When going to:
/admin.php?users/

A blank page is shown.

And the following error generated in the server error log:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'UserEss_ControllerAdmin_User' not found - library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1

Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.site.com/admin.php?users/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["users/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

When I disable User Essentials Enhanced, the error doesn't happen.

Please fix.

Everyone that updated to 2.4.1 please download the zip and update all the files again. The zip was corrupt and a lot of files were blank which is why @markku had that error.

One small issue I've found is that it can break avatars on tapatalk, not that you should care about that.

was getting lots of errors such as:

"PHP message: PHP Warning: Missing argument 3 for UserEss_Listener_PreDispatch::Main() in /sites/bigfooty/forum/library/UserEss/Listener/PreDispatch.php on line 4" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.38.1.167, server: www.bigfooty.com, request: "GET /forum/mobiquo/avatar.php?user_id=9999%20name=%22Test%20User%22%20post=40829003%5D"

Got arouynd this by adding "$controllername=null" to UserEss/Listener/PreDispatch.php

I've found is that it can break avatars on tapatalk, not that you should care about that.
I care about all issues. Regardless of if it is related to a product I don't support. ;)

"PHP message: PHP Warning: Missing argument 3 for UserEss_Listener_PreDispatch::Main()
The thing is, this is either their fault or it should be conflicting with other add-ons and even XenForo's core. Your fix is valid though. I'm going to look into it a little more before I release an update though.

[Edit] I see why it doesn't conflict with the core. It will conflict with any add-on that has this code event listener and doesn't assign default values such as you did. Technically the 2nd and 3rd argument could have defaults like you set.

Daniel, error with profile tags (on click)

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Tag::getContentIdsByTagIdForContentType() - library/UserEss/ControllerPublic/Member.php:53
Generated By: Solidus, 8 minutes ago

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

• Custom User Upgrade Amounts. By setting the upgrade price to 0, you can allow the user to pay any price for the upgrade.
Does the above feature, "Custom user Upgrade Amounts" allow us to set a minimum for the upgrade? In other words, we'd like to offer an upgrade that is $20, but allow the user to choose amounts above $20.

Thanks!

@Daniel Hood: A minor bug: The "Account Wrapper" for "Watched Threads/Forums" does not highlight the respective navigation tabs in the sidebar when active (in other words: does not change the class from "primarycontent" to "secondarycontent" once you are on the respective pages.)

Last edited:
Suggestion:

I am looking for an add-on that allows users to moderate their own threads, including ban users from their own thread and delete content in their own thread (not edit). It would also be superb to see an extended user blocking system integrated into this add-on. I'm thinking of something similar to this:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/wmtech-user-blocking-system.3996/

I'd like for blocked users to not see or be able to participate in each others content, or be able to message each other.

@Daniel Hood just wanted to drop you a reminder about that feature I'm looking for wherein you can specify user nicknames and tag them by those. For instance, if I have a user named Betelgeuse, I'd like to be able to nickname him Betel and have the @betel tag work for his user name.

Been hunting this feature for a long ass time.

I know. I don't think it's a very feasible feature though. I can see a lot of possible conflicts. It's something I will look farther into though.

I know. I don't think it's a very feasible feature though. I can see a lot of possible conflicts. It's something I will look farther into though.
Fair enough. I was thinking there could be a list under the Users tab for Nicknames where we could associate the users with the nicknames.

Top Bottom