User Essentials

User Essentials [Paid] 2.8.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Could someone please help me understand what this option is for? Does it send a notice to a user if an admin changes that user's username in the ACP? By what method is the notice sent?

Admin Username Notices
Send notices on admincp username change by default

Also, what's the useress_payment_callback.php file for, do we need to upload that? The contents are exactly the same as the payment_callback.php included with Xenforo, except a comment has been added.

Could someone please help me understand what this option is for? Does it send a notice to a user if an admin changes that user's username in the ACP? By what method is the notice sent?

Admin Username Notices
Send notices on admincp username change by default
This controls if the checkbox is ticked by default for sending notices when you rename someone's account from the admincp.

Also, what's the useress_payment_callback.php file for, do we need to upload that? The contents are exactly the same as the payment_callback.php included with Xenforo, except a comment has been added.
XF 1.5.8 fixed payment_callback.php to permit extending, but the useress_payment_callback.php file has to remain for backwards compatibility with older subscriptions setup previously and to work with older versions of XF.

XF 1.5.8 fixed payment_callback.php to permit extending, but the useress_payment_callback.php file has to remain for backwards compatibility with older subscriptions setup previously and to work with older versions of XF.

I'm running XF 1.5.8, and about to upgrade that to the latest version..

I'm upgrading User Essentials from 2.6.5 which didn't have this file, so am I safe to assume I don't require it then?

I'm upgrading User Essentials from 2.6.5 which didn't have this file, so am I safe to assume I don't require it then?
User Essentials 2.6.5 actually requires it but for some reason didn't include it in all versions.

Is anyone else finding that when User Log Length (Days) is set to zero (0) to keep the records permanently that their User Log is still clearing itself regularly?

Thanks for fixing this, I can't believe we didn't notice this sooner... I guess we hadn't needed to lookup something lately.

However.... Is it feasible to re-import a database backup of the log table and append it to what's there now to restore the history?
It looks like the user log is still ticking up the user_log_id field since it was started.... Anything I'm missing that would cause issues if we restored the lost history?

@ENF restoring contents to just that table would be fine. Just be aware that since it was purging daily, it is unlikely your backups will capture it all sorry :(

@ENF restoring contents to just that table would be fine. Just be aware that since it was purging daily, it is unlikely your backups will capture it all sorry :(

Thanks - We have six hour increments, I went back to a monthly copy that's stored for a event like this. So minus a month (I think), we (will) have most of it back.
Worst case, we could just load the backup into our offline DB and look for data there too.

That is a lot of restoring for the one table, just tedious, but doable.
We just used the last monthly backup copy and restored from that instead of rebuilding from the incrementals... all set now. :)

@Xon

Do you think you could add an option to restrict viewing of a certain previous username.
In general we want users to be able to see what other users were once called, however sometimes (for example the user requested a name change for privacy reasons, or we made a typo), we would like to be able to restrict viewing of that specific name change history entry.

Top Bottom