UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I have a logo for my community. How would i implement it into the theme? I do not wish to use the default ffa icons.
You can just use an image like a .png or .jpg. Upload the image to your server, then change it out in Header and Navigation style properties.

Last edited:
Hey Mike, i know ive asked this before but for the life of me cant find the answer in this thread.. can you please advise what style property this might be? Or how to get rid of it?

UI.X Version: 1.4.3.0
Capture_373 Aug. 08 08.36 PM.webp

Hey Mike, i know ive asked this before but for the life of me cant find the answer in this thread.. can you please advise what style property this might be? Or how to get rid of it?

UI.X Version: 1.4.3.0
View attachment 113677
In that situation, I think you just want to set header white space margin to 0. Should be in UI.X Header :)

Now if you want it to be not black but still the space, let me know and Ill get some code for that based on the URL of your site

Last edited:
Having an issue with overlapping icons on the menu. As you can see when the browser is smaller, the "Bookmarks" from the top tab overlaps to the second row. Is this an option that I'm missing or anyway so it goes to a menu instead?

Having an issue with overlapping icons on the menu. As you can see when the browser is smaller, the "Bookmarks" from the top tab overlaps to the second row. Is this an option that I'm missing or anyway so it goes to a menu instead?
Just registered and took a look and I don't see the bookmarks, nor do I see how it would overlap if there was. One thing you may want to do is make sure the bookmarks tab is an icon, not text. I think Ive heard some people have issue, but since thats third party phrasing there isn't a whole lot we can do on our end.

Anyone else having issues with Rekt & Conditional statements on Category pages? I've contacted Audentio via support, nothing back yet though.

Works fine on Drift but not Rekt :\ (Yes it's enabled on ACP)

Anyone else having issues with Rekt & Conditional statements on Category pages? I've contacted Audentio via support, nothing back yet though.

Works fine on Drift but not Rekt :\ (Yes it's enabled on ACP)
What specifically is happening? Weekend so I havent had time to go through tickets yet.

What specifically is happening? Weekend so I havent had time to go through tickets yet.
I'm trying to show a template above the content when X category page is visited.... This works fine for forums and sub-forums inside the category... But it fails to work altogether for category, only difference is the theme from Drift > Rekt from what I can see.

Duhh, found the problem:

Making the category ID available for use in the ad_ templates
If you have pages set for categories (ACP -> Options -> Node & Forum List) you may want to utilise the category ID in the ad_ templates, to prevent ad's being shown in certain categories for example.

To do so, edit the category_view template and add the following at the top:
HTML:
<xen:container var="$category.node_id">{$category.node_id}</xen:container>
That will ensure the category ID is available for use in the ad_ templates, allowing you to use the category node ID conditional as follows:
<xen:if is="{$category.node_id} != x">
This content will not show in category x
</xen:if>

Forgot to do that on the new style, my bad!

Duhh, found the problem:

Making the category ID available for use in the ad_ templates
If you have pages set for categories (ACP -> Options -> Node & Forum List) you may want to utilise the category ID in the ad_ templates, to prevent ad's being shown in certain categories for example.

To do so, edit the category_view template and add the following at the top:
HTML:
<xen:container var="$category.node_id">{$category.node_id}</xen:container>
That will ensure the category ID is available for use in the ad_ templates, allowing you to use the category node ID conditional as follows:
<xen:if is="{$category.node_id} != x">
This content will not show in category x
</xen:if>

Forgot to do that on the new style, my bad!
Its no trouble. :) The new AD Monetize Pro add-on coming out will make it so you do not have to set conditionals in the template but rather entirely controlled by the add-on.

One of the small improvements into UI.X 1.5.0.0 will be support for styling Chrome's browser address bar and bookmark heading.

1.webp 2.webp theme-color-ss.webp Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 9.28.07 PM.webp

Attachments

• theme-color-ss.webp
    theme-color-ss.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 29
  • After.webp
    After.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Original.webp
    Original.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 28
Upgrading instructions:
  1. First, and foremost, make a backup of your theme. A backup of your site as a whole is never a bad idea either especially if you are going to production board
  2. Second, disable the UI.X Add-on. This will cause some PHP errors if you are missing tables, so its best to just disable it. If you do accidentally forget, you must add $config['enableListeners'] = 0; to your library/config.php file, then start back at step 2.
  3. Download the latest version of the add-on, located in your downloads area as a green button
  4. Upload the contents of the /upload/ folder within that extracted zip folder to your root XenForo directory
  5. After that has finished, go into your XenForo ACP and click on the UI.X add-on. You will get a modal that says upgrade add-on. Browse for the .xml of the add-on that was in the .zip file and continue
  6. After that has finished, you can choose if you want to update the theme via the add-on or manually. We recommend doing it automatically so that is how we will continue in step 7.
  7. If you go to Appearance, on the sidebar you'll see UI.X > Styles. Click Update next to the style you want to update, or you can install fresh here as well.
After upgrading has finished, you may need to run through and change a few style properties or merge some templates. If you get stuck WE ARE HERE TO HELP. We want your site to be working properly and for you to love the final result. Post in the thread or create a ticket at audentio.com! :)
Source

I just tried to auto-update, but received:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in ...Audentio/UIX/ControllerAdmin/UIXStyle.php on line 237

It looks like you don't have the ZipArchive extension installed on your server. You'll have to either manually install the style, or install that extension.

I get error on upgrade. Please explain in dumb terms what I need to do. Thanks!

I get error on upgrade. Please explain in dumb terms what I need to do. Thanks!
It means your server doesn't support the action of unzipping archives for automatic install. So you can either upgrade your hosting, install the ziparchive extension on your server, or just install it manually. There are manual instructions in our documentation, it installs just like any other theme. Just make sure to create a child theme and make your changes to that theme. If you get stuck we're here :)

It means your server doesn't support the action of unzipping archives for automatic install. So you can either upgrade your hosting, install the ziparchive extension on your server, or just install it manually. There are manual instructions in our documentation, it installs just like any other theme. Just make sure to create a child theme and make your changes to that theme. If you get stuck we're here :)

Thanks Mike:
  1. "It means your server doesn't support the action of unzipping archives for automatic install." What needs to be updated on the server side? I am running a dedicated server through WHM what do I need to change to enable the server to support the action of unzipping archives for automatic install?
  2. "install the ziparchive extension on your server" What is this? Where do I find it and how do I go about installing it?
  3. "There are manual instructions in our documentation, it installs just like any other theme." These instructions are targeted to installs. I want instructions of upgrade only.
I'm sure others have or will have the same questions. Thank you!!!

Thanks Mike:
  1. "It means your server doesn't support the action of unzipping archives for automatic install." What needs to be updated on the server side? I am running a dedicated server through WHM what do I need to change to enable the server to support the action of unzipping archives for automatic install?
  2. "install the ziparchive extension on your server" What is this? Where do I find it and how do I go about installing it?
  3. "There are manual instructions in our documentation, it installs just like any other theme." These instructions are targeted to installs. I want instructions of upgrade only.
I'm sure others have or will have the same questions. Thank you!!!

1. Source: Compile PHP with --enable-zip configure option
Installing the zip module for PHP can be done by going to the WHM interface and in the Software section clicking on "Apache Update." Proceed through to step 5, then click "Exhaustive Options list." Under PHP, check the box labeled "Zip." Then click the button to begin the compile process.
2. Same as above
3. As someone mentioned above, you can go here to view the instructions: UI.X

If you are coming pre-add-on, then to put it simply I would just export your child theme .xml file. Then just follow instructions for installation. Then import your child theme as a child of the new UI.X. This is all an upgrade does anyways.

If you edited UI.X directly, there is no way to upgrade without losing changes, just like if you edited any other theme directly.

Just be sure you have a backup of your theme in any case before attempting anything :)

Top Bottom