UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Is there a way to put background images left and right of the forum (in a fixed width of course) that are also clickable? I want to try and use it as a "skin" offering to potential advertisers.

Since you made your style changes to a new theme, you just reassign parent-hood to the new theme you install. There won't be any difference. Think of it as merging two of the themes. Itll be simpler.
Yes that is correct. No more parent-child relationship. UI.X itself you can think of as a vanilla theme.

Hi @Audentio
I am a bit confuse about this new way. Can you please a bit more clear for newbies like me on how to upload a clean theme and how to upgrade?

Thanks! :)

View attachment 79150

Only shows on an upgraded style not a fresh install.

Make sure you upgrade page_container. That is likely out of date.

Is there a way to put background images left and right of the forum (in a fixed width of course) that are also clickable? I want to try and use it as a "skin" offering to potential advertisers.

Yes, but not as a part of the framework. We can't add everything in! :P

Hi @Audentio
I am a bit confuse about this new way. Can you please a bit more clear for newbies like me on how to upload a clean theme and how to upgrade?

Thanks! :)

Sure!

So I'd start with this resource: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/proper-theme-installation-upgrading-and-usage.2942/

In general though, you download the files. Then upload them to the correct spot. Then install the .xml via the styles area. Then finally Id create a NEW theme and make it a child of the theme you installed (if its UIX or something else). Make all edits to THAT theme.

If you have questions please feel free to ask!

Sure!

So I'd start with this resource: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/proper-theme-installation-upgrading-and-usage.2942/

In general though, you download the files. Then upload them to the correct spot. Then install the .xml via the styles area. Then finally Id create a NEW theme and make it a child of the theme you installed (if its UIX or something else). Make all edits to THAT theme.

If you have questions please feel free to ask!

That is how I always do but on your update it says we don't need to do child theme idea anymore which is the reason why I am a bit confused. Do we do it like as it was before or is there some kind of new way to do it?

That is how I always do but on your update it says we don't need to do child theme idea anymore which is the reason why I am a bit confused. Do we do it like as it was before or is there some kind of new way to do it?
Our products aren't installed as children theme of UI.X. You should always create a child theme (for any theme you use) to make edits to.

Hi,

I have the latest version of xenforo and I'm using Audentio's UI.X framework with anti-quark.

My question is this: Does Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings still work for xenforo 1.3.4?

I've been trying all day to get this set up and it just doesn't work. I must be doing something wrong or Jaxel's Sub Forum Grid Listings is outdated for the current xenforo version.

thanks,

Hey all, quick update here.

Finished doing some research on sticky. Mobile isn't ready. I even looked at other plugins, they by default disable sticky functionality on mobile. So, therefore, so will we. There currently is an option to choose at what width and height the sticky code works at, if people didn't know already. We are just going to default it to NOT work for mobile devices. 480px and under. Just in case anyone wonders where it went. You can, as per usual, turn it on for mobile.

Is there ever a time its OK to use mobile sticky nav?

YES. The thing is though is that it has to be onload sticky. What does that mean? It means you need to move the navigation to the VERY top of the page. Or the userbar or both. That way it is sticky onload and won't cause any issues. But that means that your desktop version likely will have to be as well, or similar.

Code:
#header {margin-top: 0;} #wrapper {margin-top: 0; padding-top: 0;}

Something like this will help you if you are using a custom theme. This will try to remove the padding from the top of the page.

JUST REMEMBER -- This isn't a problem with the framework rather a problem with mobile devices. WOOT its good to be able to say that :P.

Reactions: rdn
1. On Windows phone, when I click on menu button, the Sidebar menu was appeared and disappeear immediately. That section was shown in all white color.

Try on Windows phone 8 and 8.1 (Inernet Explorer).

wp_ss_20140730_0001.webp

2. Is this also a bug?

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 8.12.38 PM.webp

Last edited:
Hi. I purchased a second license and paid extra for theme customization nearly 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard back. Would you check on the ticket status? Thanks!

Top Bottom