UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I'm using CTA Featured Threads & Portal add-on for my homepage (so to look like a portal).

How can I add template uix_welcomeBlock to that template (portal) to show like on forum list. If I copy the content or add inculde template it does not show and work right.

I'm thinking of adding Font Awesome icons next to node and category titles.

On the same line and next to the title. E.g. " ICON Node Title"

Please does anyone know whats an easy and effective way to go about doing this?

Thanks!
We built this in.

Go to Style Properties > UI.X Forum Nodes > Category Strip icons (turn that on).

Then, go to your EXTRA.css or proprietary CSS file and add this CSS in:

Rich (BB code):
.nodeList .node.category.node_1 .categoryStrip .nodeTitle:before {content: '\f02d';}

Where the part in red is the node id of the category. And the part in blue is the character code of the font you want. For example, the character codes for FontAwesome can be found on their cheatsheet. Make sure you only use the part after the x and before the ;. It starts with an 'f' and ends in a number, in other words.

Your Way works too but with the method above you can use unique icons per node. Thanks for your help though.

We built this in.

Go to Style Properties > UI.X Forum Nodes > Category Strip icons (turn that on).

Rich (BB code):
.nodeList .node.category.node_1 .categoryStrip .nodeTitle:before {content: '\f02d';}

Where the part in red is the node id of the category. And the part in blue is the character code of the font you want. For example, the character codes for FontAwesome can be found on their cheatsheet. Make sure you only use the part after the x and before the ;. It starts with an 'f' and ends in a number, in other words.
Thanks so much for this!! and @BassMan thanks for ur help too!!

How about for forum nodes? this edit seems to be for category only

We built this in.

Rich (BB code):

Why did you use the old version? Where v4 is already out and supported: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/cheatsheet/

I hope they will implement this as an option next release :)

This is built already in the current version as well. I posted about it in the release notes.

Why did you use the old version? Where v4 is already out and supported: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/cheatsheet/

We are using 4.1.0 in the current version so not sure what you mean.

New add-on released to do that: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-custom-node-style.3445/

Like I said, we have this built. Check the setting on in UI.X Forum Nodes > Node Stats as Icons.

Be any issue in removing it? Strange in that it only appears when upgrading the previous version style but, does not show when doing a new, fresh install.

Whats the issue here exactly?

This is built already in the current version as well. I posted about it in the release notes.
I mean how can we implement custom icon per forum node?
Like implementing custom icon for category.

We are using 4.1.0 in the current version so not sure what you mean.

In your link here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-106#post-800723
You linked the old cheatsheet: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/cheatsheet/

I mean how can we implement custom icon per forum node?
Like implementing custom icon for category.

Ah, same process really. Just instead of .category you can just remove that part. Ill post up something in the documentation.

Ah. Thats just Google's first result, but yeah you can use whatever version is installed. UI.X by default currently is 4.1.0.

Reactions: rdn
Ah, same process really. Just instead of .category you can just remove that part.
So something like:
Code:
.nodeList .node.category.node_1 .nodeTitle:before {content: '\f02d';}
But I only want some of the forum nodes to have icon and fall back others not declared to use the default one :)
How?

Now stuck in trying to figure out in how only a few nodes are sticking to the previous images and not reflecting the changes I've made to have new images show.

Code:
.nodeList .node_14 .categoryForumNodeInfo {
    background: url("styles/uix/TLW_Hub.png") no-repeat scroll !important;
}

.nodeList .node_14 .primaryContent {
    background: url("styles/uix/TLW_Hub.png") no-repeat scroll !important;
}

Using the above in the extra.css

Capture.webp

Update: Figured in what was causing this issue. Some reason the extra.css had become bloated with copies of itself (over 30k characters) which was causing the old edits to over take the new. Went in and removed the extra copies within and everything is back to normal. Still have the js issue at the top of the page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom