UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Anyone having problems with the welcome box after updating (updating UI.X, not to XF)?
Yes, I reported Audentio ticket #1590 with UI.X 1.3.4 and XF 1.3.4:
Issue:
  • "Show welcome block on forum index only" when checked - Displays Welcome Block on forum index
  • "Show welcome block on forum index only" when unchecked - Doesn't display on the forum index or any forum pages

Anyone having problems with the welcome box after updating (updating UI.X, not to XF)?

Yes, I reported Audentio ticket #1590 with UI.X 1.3.4 and XF 1.3.4:
Issue:
  • "Show welcome block on forum index only" when checked - Displays Welcome Block on forum index
  • "Show welcome block on forum index only" when unchecked - Doesn't display on the forum index or any forum pages

Yeah, I'm having problems with the welcome box showing even to logged-in users. It doesn't seem to ever go away.

edit: whoops, nevermind. There's now a checkbox that says "Can Members See?" that I didn't notice. Why would a member ever want to see the welcome block? Anyway, fixed now!

Think outside the box. You can use the welcome block for other things, not just welcome and signup.

I know, just seems like setting the default for the welcome block to "Welcome new member!" and also the default to showing up for all signed-in members is a bit of a contradiction. I'd say you probably would want to default in one or the other - but in any event, it was only my own lack of looking over the new settings that caused the confusion.

UI.X While a cool and unique framework is not for everyone.. For myself it was getting overly bloated and high maintenance for my tastes.. Ive also moved away from the style in favor of something lighter and easier to maintain.. Although i have no complaints.. I do like and miss UI.X just not the headaches that came with it.. I also learned a lot about CSS while using this theme so i was eager to put my new skills to work...

I also want more options to be separated for desktop and mobiles.

For example an option to have sticky navigation on mobile always on.

Or User/Mod Bar above navigation on desktop AND below navigation on mobile.

Well, just some examples...

This can be done, yes. It requires a bit of javascript.
I figured out how to hide it from any screen that is less than a certain pixel width. I used 475px because that's about where the theme goes from showing the vertical postbit vs the horizontal one.

Code:
@media screen and (max-width: 475px) {
    .uix_welcomeBlock_fixed {
        display: none !important;
    }
}

nvm, has I had found the issue was that had not used the parent changes when merging the templates.

Last edited:
Anyone have an issue with changing the forum colors and the changes not taking? I changed the tertiary color today to navy blue, just to try it out, and when I load a page, it flashes the default green real quick before changing to blue. Thought that was pretty strange.

Anyone have an issue with changing the forum colors and the changes not taking? I changed the tertiary color today to navy blue, just to try it out, and when I load a page, it flashes the default green real quick before changing to blue. Thought that was pretty strange.
Is the AD Styler activated? If it is, you should try to disabling it :)

Back
Top Bottom