UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Think of it like one level getting removed. You still need a child theme for your own customizations. Just making it simpler for our products to maintain.

So then it would just be better to leave the structure as it is accourding to your old instances of installing

Ok, upgraded. Overwrite the parent (do not edit) style and it updated my child as well. Some outdated templates, need to edit some code in my extra.css, but so far it's ok!

Really like some new features. Specially menu for mobile :)

Just this don't work (but I'm not using it anyway, just tried and nothing change to category side by side):

screen.png

I've just upgraded to 1.3.4.0, and the jump to top floating thing isn't working very well.

If you scroll down it appears, and stays as long as the screen is scrolling, once you stop it disappears a second or two later.

You can highlight it, but if you move off it disappears.

Same issue in Chrome, Firefox & Internet Exploder on Windows 8.1 and on Safari on my iPad.

uixfloatingbacktotop.gif

I was playing around with the new navigation styles, and when using option 2, the text based logo disappears. With option 3, the text logo gets chopped off. Also, the logo font awesome icon seems to not be pulling up for some reason.

I do like the option of the search inside the navigation though. Is there a way to make that stick and move the logo and tag line outside of the nav area?

Edit - I see the new option for adding the search into the nav bar. Very nice.

Last edited:
Just noticed this condensing of the quote box with the replies. They're practically touching now:

CapturFiles.webp

Also, why are there boxes around the edit, quote, and other editor features?

Edit - found another bug - Mobile iOS 7.1.2 breaks the off-canvas navigation on both Safari and Chrome. I click on it and nothing happens.

Last edited:
Just noticed this condensing of the quote box with the replies. They're practically touching now:

View attachment 78594
Agree. Don't look good.

Edit - found another bug - Mobile iOS 7.1.2 breaks the off-canvas navigation on both Safari and Chrome. I click on it and nothing happens.
I've noticed that too, but clear cache of your browser and refresh site. Then it will work fine.

I installed it on my live site, because I'm a rebel.

Went as smoothly as I'd expect. Nice work Mike :)

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the sidebar looks correct. What do you think, Mike?

Also in the console there is an error warning me I am in BETA mode. But I'm not.

How strange! Ill take a look in a bit. It doesn't hurt anything though.

That's Drift, right? For whatever reason, I don't think it looks right.... Maybe its me, I haven't had tons of time spent with that look, but something seems a bit... off.

He is using a different than default navigation style. The default drift has that sleek header but as you can our products allow you to essentially change the position of the navigation, userbar, and logo wherever you want.

Yeah. I've kept the UI.X > Drift > Child Style thing in place. I replaced UI.X and Drift with the new versions. Resolved a few outdated templates with the Child Style as a result, but it was nothing related to the Sidebar that I could tell and ultimately it was easy. And only the sidebar looks wrong.

So the main thing here is to note that we did away with child themes. That means that Drift should actually be a root level theme, with your child style a child of Drift. Essentially you should be able to completely remove UI.X. People were not finding the child system to work very well. STILL use it for your own customizations you make to products, and you should see no difference whatsoever, it literally means we can include UI.X inside of Drift now thats all.

And the sidebar issue (the extra margin) is a known bug which Im going to have fixed. If you see anything else weird let me know but thats the only bug I know of at this present point. It only affects Drift.

So then it would just be better to leave the structure as it is accourding to your old instances of installing

No. You still want child themes for YOUR customizations. So here is the process:

1. I just bought Quark.
2. I install Quark xml (not as a child theme of anything).
3. I create a new theme and make it a child of Quark, I call this "My forum.com - Dark" or something. I make ALL changes to this theme, never editing Quark.

So as you can see, same process, just don't need to install UI.X.

Ok, upgraded. Overwrite the parent (do not edit) style and it updated my child as well. Some outdated templates, need to edit some code in my extra.css, but so far it's ok!

Really like some new features. Specially menu for mobile :)

Just this don't work (but I'm not using it anyway, just tried and nothing change to category side by side):

screen.png

Glad you like it! And yes we actually commented out the code for side by side category nodes as it doesn't work well with collapse nodes. We will see if we can get this working, but we did leave this out of the feature list.

I've just upgraded to 1.3.4.0, and the jump to top floating thing isn't working very well.

If you scroll down it appears, and stays as long as the screen is scrolling, once you stop it disappears a second or two later.

You can highlight it, but if you move off it disappears.

Same issue in Chrome, Firefox & Internet Exploder on Windows 8.1 and on Safari on my iPad.

View attachment 78557

Hmm. Anyone else experiencing this? I cannot replicate.

I feel like the UI.X could match my header here: http://noobist.com.

I'm not very savvy on XF styling. I assume it's fairly easy to make the header/menu 100%?

You could match it pixel perfect without editing any code actually :D Thats how easy UI.X is!

I was playing around with the new navigation styles, and when using option 2, the text based logo disappears. With option 3, the text logo gets chopped off. Also, the logo font awesome icon seems to not be pulling up for some reason.

I do like the option of the search inside the navigation though. Is there a way to make that stick and move the logo and tag line outside of the nav area?

Edit - I see the new option for adding the search into the nav bar. Very nice.

Right, so there are widths to option 2 (hence its getting chopped off). Otherwise people would add long logos and completely screw up the navigation. Option 3 text logo getting removed might be a bug. Feel free to create a ticket and if you could please include a URL/admin access.

View attachment 78594

Also, why are there boxes around the edit, quote, and other editor features?

I will take a look at the quote box, that might be a bug or just an outdated style property.

As for the boxes around the postbit buttons, you can disable that under UI.X Threads and Posts style properties.

I can not replicate that off-canvas bug.

Mike. Would you please update ui.x for me?

Sure create a request at audentio.com bud :)

He is using a different than default navigation style. The default drift has that sleek header but as you can our products allow you to essentially change the position of the navigation, userbar, and logo wherever you want.

So the main thing here is to note that we did away with child themes. That means that Drift should actually be a root level theme, with your child style a child of Drift. Essentially you should be able to completely remove UI.X. People were not finding the child system to work very well. STILL use it for your own customizations you make to products, and you should see no difference whatsoever, it literally means we can include UI.X inside of Drift now thats all.

And the sidebar issue (the extra margin) is a known bug which Im going to have fixed. If you see anything else weird let me know but thats the only bug I know of at this present point. It only affects Drift.

No. You still want child themes for YOUR customizations. So here is the process:

1. I just bought Quark.
3. I create a new theme and make it a child of Quark, I call this "My forum.com - Dark" or something. I make ALL changes to this theme, never editing Quark.

Glad you like it! And yes we actually commented out the code for side by side category nodes as it doesn't work well with collapse nodes. We will see if we can get this working, but we did leave this out of the feature list.

You could match it pixel perfect without editing any code actually :D Thats how easy UI.X is!

Right, so there are widths to option 2 (hence its getting chopped off). Otherwise people would add long logos and completely screw up the navigation. Option 3 text logo getting removed might be a bug. Feel free to create a ticket and if you could please include a URL/admin access.

I will take a look at the quote box, that might be a bug or just an outdated style property.

As for the boxes around the postbit buttons, you can disable that under UI.X Threads and Posts style properties.

Well...on audentio it says i have to sent you a mail to mikec@audentio.com which i did

1. I just bought Quark.

I have around 50 unread emails, Im working as fast as I can apologies

np. I also sent a request on audentio.com. Greetings. Paul from Socialmediatalk

Think of it like one level getting removed. You still need a child theme for your own customizations. Just making it simpler for our products to maintain.

But the thing is, now i have to make alle custom changes twice :(

for example i use UI.X and UI.X Dark

UI.X Framework (do not edit)
- UI.X Light (all edits here)
- - UI.X Dark (no edits necessary, because a child of the UI.X Light)

I think you could at least for the dark style let the child method, for all other styles it makes sense but not for the UI.X Dark because it is a 100% Dark Child for UI.X Light

Last edited:

The only 2 options I have under Threads and Posts are:

Add Icons To Message Controls

Classic Postbit

Neither of those get rid of the boxes, so I'm not sure where the setting is.

The off-canvas bug was a caching issue with mobile iOS. Clearing the cache fixed it.

2 more things I noticed:

The distance between the logo and the user nav bar seems to have increased, and especially on mobile, is rather wide now. Which is the setting to close the gap there?

Now that I can move the search bar into the nav bar, I'd like to make the text logo bigger/wider, so it takes up more of the screen, but there seems to be no way to do that. Is that possible, and if not, could it be added in later?

Just to give you an update, Mike.

I deleted the UI.X style, and replaced the 1.3.4 version of Drift again so all should be good now in terms of structure of my styles :)

As you know, I have a custom style based on Quark and UI.X.

So I have:

UI.X > Quark > ValveTime.net > Child

What's the best upgrade tactic here?

Top Bottom