UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Do you still plan on releasing this today? No rush just wondering.
Yeh just doing some final testing. Not finding bugs. But I still don't think this should be used on live sites right away. If you have a live site, install it as a non-user selectable install so you can play around with it first. Lots of minor improvements.

Audentio updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Off-Canvas Navigation, Minor/mid-level features, and XenForo upgrade

Hey everyone!

Time for another release. This release has a lot of improvements but true to my word we fixed all the major issues with UI.X last time. Be that as it may, there may be outdated style properties that you'll need to pay attention to. We really edited just about everything in this release, but I don't think anything that will drastically break your board. If you edited page_container, you'll for sure need to update that as lots of things have changed in there.

NOTE: We do not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Audentio - I read that the Child themes aren't there anymore. Now that I'm running a child theme of UI.X and want to upgrade to latest version, how do I go about it, preserving my style changes?

@Audentio - I read that the Child themes aren't there anymore. Now that I'm running a child theme of UI.X and want to upgrade to latest version, how do I go about it, preserving my style changes?
Since you made your style changes to a new theme, you just reassign parent-hood to the new theme you install. There won't be any difference. Think of it as merging two of the themes. Itll be simpler.

Just to be sure about this: The styles Quark, Antiquark are all being made available as separate themes, right? Which means I don't have to first install UI.X first and then install the child themes.

Instead - I simply download and upload Quark or Antiquark; as of it's an independent theme. Is that right?

Just to be sure about this: The styles Quark, Antiquark are all being made available as separate themes, right? Which means I don't have to first install UI.X first and then install the child themes.

Instead - I simply download and upload Quark or Antiquark; as of it's an independent theme. Is that right?
Yes that is correct. No more parent-child relationship. UI.X itself you can think of as a vanilla theme.

So will you be letting us know when the new release UI.X 1.3.4.0 is safe to use on a live site?
I mean it's safe. It's just with large ish updates it might be worth waiting a few days to see if there are bugs. But I haven't found anything yet.

Ok then I will wait a few days but now with not using the child structure does this mean I need to restructure my setup

Ok then I will wait a few days but now with not using the child structure does this mean I need to restructure my setup
Think of it like one level getting removed. You still need a child theme for your own customizations. Just making it simpler for our products to maintain.

Think of it like one level getting removed. You still need a child theme for your own customizations. Just making it simpler for our products to maintain.
That I needed to know. I have UI.X as parent (do not edit) and then the child of it where I make changes. I'm not sure how to upgrade. Normal like any other theme and it will show changes in child theme too?

I installed it on my live site, because I'm a rebel.

Went as smoothly as I'd expect. Nice work Mike :)

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the sidebar looks correct. What do you think, Mike?

Also in the console there is an error warning me I am in BETA mode. But I'm not.

Only thing I'm not sure about is if the sidebar looks correct. What do you think, Mike?

That's Drift, right? For whatever reason, I don't think it looks right.... Maybe its me, I haven't had tons of time spent with that look, but something seems a bit... off.

Yeah. I've kept the UI.X > Drift > Child Style thing in place. I replaced UI.X and Drift with the new versions. Resolved a few outdated templates with the Child Style as a result, but it was nothing related to the Sidebar that I could tell and ultimately it was easy. And only the sidebar looks wrong.

Top Bottom