[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

I got it working with the alert type Overlay, but none of the other types will work.

Thank you.
I guess you're using adblock plus?
They've added filters to block the alert message, overlay works because they can't block it (overlay used all over xenforo, it can't be simply blocked).

I have a new update to release but can't find the time to finish it (it's almost a full rewrite of the detection script).
If overlay isn't your prefered option, I would suggest using Random for now, so the overlay will popup only sometimes and not constantly.

I guess you're using adblock plus?
They've added filters to block the alert message, overlay works because they can't block it (overlay used all over xenforo, it can't be simply blocked).

I have a new update to release but can't find the time to finish it (it's almost a full rewrite of the detection script).
If overlay isn't your prefered option, I would suggest using Random for now, so the overlay will popup only sometimes and not constantly.
Thanks, I can live with the overlay.

One other thing -- is the overlay css defined by your script or is it Xenforo?

I have enabled detection on mobile but it is not working on Safari (iPhone and iPad) running iOS 9.3.2.

Suggestions? Thanks.

I have enabled detection on mobile but it is not working on Safari (iPhone and iPad) running iOS 9.3.2.

Suggestions? Thanks.
The mobile adblock detection was developed before iOS integrated theirs content blocking feature.
Unfortunately I can't support it as I don't have a compatible device, nor a mac to emulate it.

Would it be possible to add an option for adding something to the user profile that indicates if the user isn't blocking ads.

For example a thumbs up, a star, a happy smiley or whatever :) (Could be based on font awesome as many are using that)

I would like to show our appreciation for users accepting ads in some fashion.

Would it be possible to add an option for adding something to the user profile that indicates if the user isn't blocking ads.

For example a thumbs up, a star, a happy smiley or whatever :) (Could be based on font awesome as many are using that)

Usergroup support where users who are using or not using adblocks are automatically moved to their respective usergroups has previously been mentioned, but is not available yet.

Hey, as @tajhay mentioned, this is not possible yet.

@rellect
Using Ad-Block Plus on Chrome

Just integrated a CDN network into our forum, and lost anything from the adblock script.

Changed to overlay and verified in Console. No calls for a script to be found for the detection script, any ideas?

@rellect
Using Ad-Block Plus on Chrome

Just integrated a CDN network into our forum, and lost anything from the adblock script.

Changed to overlay and verified in Console. No calls for a script to be found for the detection script, any ideas?
Hey, no idea honestly..
Send me a link to your forum and I'll take a look.

Doesn't seem to be working with VPN on with an iPhone. Is this a new issue?
Hey, yes this is a known issue
The mobile adblock detection was developed before iOS integrated theirs content blocking feature.
Unfortunately I can't support it as I don't have a compatible device, nor a mac to emulate it.
To clarify, I can't support it because I don't own a compatible device to test with. When I'll have a way to test it, I will add the support.

Hey, yes this is a known issue

To clarify, I can't support it because I don't own a compatible device to test with. When I'll have a way to test it, I will add the support.

Thanks. I feel better knowing it's not just me. :-)

Feature request: Ability to automatically add detected Adblock users to a particular secondary usergroup.

That would be useful in all sorts of ways from letting us personally appeal to them to whitelist to showing them alternative content where ads would be.

Is anyone using this addon to completely block all adblock users (other than paying subscribers or similar) from accessing your site? Ie, like Forbes? If so, what have your results been with that approach?

Top Bottom