[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

Actually it's a user with super admin rights.
On PC there's the X, in the right top corner of the notification, but missing on phone.
Phone used Nexus 6P with chrome.
0t2_8DlA23cbd5x-15hU2tOy5Mh1K9jdksw5ZpceNLxckqDANb1zxxJZSgkTeHGZrmUjRihzyhMKguMqsO1YV7RZLkraTu46Ky7djjj_dvDIujiuyeQrkLJE0QsP0YcKSB9gmIB0-aD1Qww4FBUYTkw_yzqRb06pnXFzoXqpkDE-XwAD1h0SsQcSGYKX8iWKLHE1RN7N5Vvlo1pOxstoCE_YrXJUcmVvOQINVGm63tW0vaUUM-5s4IYYTqG9R1T2srBPhdsPJs-kFsmPReO_jiAkC3elCj-zVn5isI7PuPBLFO9U-Jkm5MDlrtkQcRRrqaGf3mEf1OchiP3RA1iNxIUU65PHoLJTv3xohoVUxvurVPeYtR-NBZS_y09uF1zkUVuyUeowM5NO3Mp-AooDKn3rd3nsKBXmEQOQMTwfZj8UuRqAiYpNdOb2DP_4um-W4aniAMxqJZTzOo66FvuA8iBRVDxOC6IIVYrtN4ew-dO6tJ2V2gcZvbIYBQ1JFDwZNp4j_lIv1nRZmuXA5q4pXeQN5w8H6wsmSJLjQwV6aF6zv8nQa1sg4jkAixNsAfe9Lpfl0Q=w443-h786-no

Actually it's a user with super admin rights.
On PC there's the X, in the right top corner of the notification, but missing on phone.
Phone used Nexus 6P with chrome.
0t2_8DlA23cbd5x-15hU2tOy5Mh1K9jdksw5ZpceNLxckqDANb1zxxJZSgkTeHGZrmUjRihzyhMKguMqsO1YV7RZLkraTu46Ky7djjj_dvDIujiuyeQrkLJE0QsP0YcKSB9gmIB0-aD1Qww4FBUYTkw_yzqRb06pnXFzoXqpkDE-XwAD1h0SsQcSGYKX8iWKLHE1RN7N5Vvlo1pOxstoCE_YrXJUcmVvOQINVGm63tW0vaUUM-5s4IYYTqG9R1T2srBPhdsPJs-kFsmPReO_jiAkC3elCj-zVn5isI7PuPBLFO9U-Jkm5MDlrtkQcRRrqaGf3mEf1OchiP3RA1iNxIUU65PHoLJTv3xohoVUxvurVPeYtR-NBZS_y09uF1zkUVuyUeowM5NO3Mp-AooDKn3rd3nsKBXmEQOQMTwfZj8UuRqAiYpNdOb2DP_4um-W4aniAMxqJZTzOo66FvuA8iBRVDxOC6IIVYrtN4ew-dO6tJ2V2gcZvbIYBQ1JFDwZNp4j_lIv1nRZmuXA5q4pXeQN5w8H6wsmSJLjQwV6aF6zv8nQa1sg4jkAixNsAfe9Lpfl0Q=w443-h786-no
Send me a link to your site and I'll take a look.

This was specific to the domain the last time I checked.
Anyway I already developed a solution, and an update should be realeased sometime next month.

This will be possible once the option to set usergroup to adblock users will be added

This would be fantastic.

The ability to allow the detectopm which users are using adblock, and allocate them to a usergroup would help a lot.

hehe. can we discourage an entire usergroup? or is it a user specific setting?
plus would the plugin take out the user out of this usergroup if let's say no adblocking activity is found on his account for a week.

hehe. can we discourage an entire usergroup? or is it a user specific setting?
plus would the plugin take out the user out of this usergroup if let's say no adblocking activity is found on his account for a week.

I'd personally limit a usergroup with adblock to x amount of thread views per day.

But as @rellect has pointed out, this functionality isn't available yet. It's a fantastic plugin, the best I've ever had - in my opinion - that desired feature to detect which members are using adblock, and allocate them to a usergroup would just take it to another level. Fingers crossed we see it at some point.

I love the plugin and am waiting for the update with usergroup support... Right now, the plugin is quite crippled I believe... simply because pretty much all ad-blocking add-ons allow their users to block page elements so the popup and other notification bars can be easily disabled. Right?

Plus I am guessing usergroup feature would be useless for guests as guests cannot be made part of a usergroup?

Echo sentiments regarding usergroup support. Already own this beautiful piece of software and usergroup support would be the killer function most forum owners would love.

Well, it seems to be working this morning. Perhaps it did not load with all my open browsers? Anyway, thanks for a great add-on.

Hi folks,

I bought this add-on a while back and having some problems with it.

It does not work on www.landcruiserclub.net but does on www2.landcruiserclub.net

The former goes via cloudflare and www2 bypasses it.

I don't know or understand why CF would stop it from working?
I have set the Can-Bypass to never.

Anyone else got this?

Cheers,
Crispin

Last edited:
I just had this installed and my forum upgraded but I don't see it working. I also cant see where to choose the style "4 Different Types of Alerts". Help?

Does user has permission to dismiss adblock alert?

If yes, I'll need some more details in order to check
- The close button is not present? or just doesn't work?
- What is the device model and the browser used?

I need to catch up on reading the read of this thread,must I am in the same position. Overlay is the only alert choice that seems to work in blocking my site for those using adblocker. I have allowed registered users to bypass, but they can't get to the login screen with overlay.

I only have an iPad and iPhone, so I'm not sure what happens for PC users.

For now, I'm unchecking the detect of mobile devices.

It's been a long time since I installed the addon. I believe I created a custom alert which may be part of the problem.

Love the addon. Any eta on an update?

Tom
the-boneyard.com
syracusefan.com

EDIT: I included a screen capture of one of my site. This with mobile detection enabled, overlay alert.

image.webp

Last edited:
It means that adblock has special rules for your site. I found my own site. A folder where I stored custom ads is listed in the database and hence is blocked by default by the ad blocking tools using these rules.

The problem with the implementation of this plugin is that it would take a few seconds for a user to block the css/code used to generate the overlay popup to block access to the web page. I am not sure if the block has been added to the core block list of ad blockers. But the developer would probably need to find a solution to get around that by maybe generating class/div/span/etc names at random or changing them on a regular basis. I am not a developer so hard to say if it can indeed be bypassed easily.

My personal solution for this problem is that people using ad blockers should be treated at discouraged users and a message shown to them about the same. Though I am again not sure how XenForo implements discouraged mode and whether it can be bypassed using ad blocking/script blocking tools as well.

I need to catch up on reading the read of this thread,must I am in the same position. Overlay is the only alert choice that seems to work in blocking my site for those using adblocker. I have allowed registered users to bypass, but they can't get to the login screen with overlay.

I only have an iPad and iPhone, so I'm not sure what happens for PC users.

For now, I'm unchecking the detect of mobile devices.

It's been a long time since I installed the addon. I believe I created a custom alert which may be part of the problem.

Love the addon. Any eta on an update?

Tom
the-boneyard.com
syracusefan.com

EDIT: I included a screen capture of one of my site. This with mobile detection enabled, overlay alert.

View attachment 136043
Disallow AdBlock Detector in the templates
  • forum_list
  • register_form
  • login
  • error_with_login
  • lost_password

Then edit the phrase rellect_adblock_detector_message with something like this.
You'll let anyone signup or login directly from that overlay.
Code:
<p>
We have detected that you have an AdBlocker.
</p>
<p>
To view our site, please disable it.
</p>
</br>
<p>
If you want to visit our site Ad and banner free <a href="http://www.domain.com/register/">signup</a> or <a href="http://www.domain.com/login/">login</a>.
</p>

Top Bottom