[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

I need to catch up on reading the read of this thread,must I am in the same position. Overlay is the only alert choice that seems to work in blocking my site for those using adblocker. I have allowed registered users to bypass, but they can't get to the login screen with overlay.

I only have an iPad and iPhone, so I'm not sure what happens for PC users.

For now, I'm unchecking the detect of mobile devices.

It's been a long time since I installed the addon. I believe I created a custom alert which may be part of the problem.

Love the addon. Any eta on an update?

Tom
the-boneyard.com
syracusefan.com

EDIT: I included a screen capture of one of my site. This with mobile detection enabled, overlay alert.

View attachment 136043
From the screenshot it looks that you disabled the permission to dismiss the alert, therefore there's no way to close the alert and log in.

About the update, I apologize it takes long time, I'm just very busy recently and can't find the time to finish it.

From the screenshot it looks that you disabled the permission to dismiss the alert, therefore there's no way to close the alert and log in.

About the update, I apologize it takes long time, I'm just very busy recently and can't find the time to finish it.

I think I have it set right?

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 13
Try to run permissions analyzer (Users > Analyze Permissions), to make sure it's not disabled in other usergroups.

Nope. Got it set right. Not a big deal. For now I have it set to random. If they hit reload when the overlay pops up, they can get to the login screen.

Nope. Got it set right. Not a big deal. For now I have it set to random. If they hit reload when the overlay pops up, they can get to the login screen.
Hm strange.. I can take a look if you want. Just send me a link to your site, no other details are needed (for now).

@rellect

I just purchased your plugin and installed it but it doesn't work on my forum.

This is what I have done:

I loaded the files correctly.
I checked the permissions, everything is set to "not defined" for each group and tested under the panel with the analyzer aswell.
I tested it with several browers (Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer).
I removed my adblock plus and disabled it for the page but no change and tested browsers without adblock.
It doesn't work no matter what I choose (notification, floating message,...).
I asked my members to check on their computers but nothing at all.
I also tested with the default style but it doesn't work.

URL to my website => http://www.bet-clever.com

Thanks for your help.

@rellect

I just purchased your plugin and installed it but it doesn't work on my forum.

This is what I have done:

I loaded the files correctly.
I checked the permissions, everything is set to "not defined" for each group and tested under the panel with the analyzer aswell.
I tested it with several browers (Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer).
I removed my adblock plus and disabled it for the page but no change and tested browsers without adblock.
It doesn't work no matter what I choose (notification, floating message,...).
I asked my members to check on their computers but nothing at all.
I also tested with the default style but it doesn't work.

URL to my website => http://www.bet-clever.com

Thanks for your help.
Hey,
In order to identify the problem, try this:
Go to the options > [rellect] AdBlock Detector, and change the alert type to 'Overlay'.
Check if you can see it.

@Betclever I can confirm in its not working, at least for me. I just tried. Safari on an iPad.

If it helps, this is my configuration.

View attachment 136599
I couldn't test the new blocking features of iOS since I don't have a compatible device, so I can't confirm if it's working or not. Unfortunately I don't have a way to test it.
(Just to clarify, the mobile adblock detection was developed before iOS integrated content blocking feature)

@adwade @Creaky @rellect

Weird... I tried with another browser (IE on W10) and I don't see the notification... :/
I deleted my cache and everything under the settings so everything related to cookies or whatever...

As admin, I gave me rights to bypass the notification (of course, I have tried as guest with another browser) and I have a static IP address, I don't know how this plugin work but I don't see this notification.
I have tried overlay, notification, notice, random,... and no change.

@adwade @Creaky @rellect

Weird... I tried with another browser (IE on W10) and I don't see the notification... :/
I deleted my cache and everything under the settings so everything related to cookies or whatever...

As admin, I gave me rights to bypass the notification (of course, I have tried as guest with another browser) and I have a static IP address, I don't know how this plugin work but I don't see this notification.
I have tried overlay, notification, notice, random,... and no change.
Possibly you have whitelisted your site? Can you see ads on the site?

I don't have any ADS except under the chat (Siropu).
However, even if a member remove his adblock, the message still present, is this normal?
It depends how you set the permission of "Show alert every X hours". 'Unlimited' means the alert will always appear.

It depends how you set the permission of "Show alert every X hours". 'Unlimited' means the alert will always appear.

Thank you for this information, it was on Unlimited but what should I do then? I unchecked this box but "0" equal to Unlimited or not?

I purchased and installed on my test site today but the notice is not coming up. Running XF 1.5.8.

I am currently testing only on Unregistered / unconfirmed users and have set that group’s permissions as follows:

Please advise? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 1.04.00 PM.webp

Thank you for this information, it was on Unlimited but what should I do then? I unchecked this box but "0" equal to Unlimited or not?
Unlimited = Alert will always be shown, even if dismissed
0 = Once alert is dismissed, it will no longer return (until cookies are removed)
1+ = Once alert is dismissed, it won't be shown until X hours have passed.

I purchased and installed on my test site today but the notice is not coming up. Running XF 1.5.8.

I am currently testing only on Unregistered / unconfirmed users and have set that group’s permissions as follows:

Please advise? Thanks.

View attachment 136799
May you send me a link to your site while the addon is enabled? I'll take a look. (Admin access is not needed)

Top Bottom