[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

Apparently Adblock nullified Facebooks solution as well. It will be interesting to watch them go back and forth. Hopefully whatever Facebook develops can help us too :).

Facebook nullifies the blocking of their own resources within facebook itself, which is not the same as nullifying outside scripts (like adsense for example) in multiple sites.
So their solution wouldn't help much, they probably simply bypassing the filters by using different class names and file names.

Reactions: HWS
Facebook nullifies the blocking of their own resources within facebook itself, which is not the same as nullifying outside scripts (like adsense for example) in multiple sites.
So their solution wouldn't help much, they probably simply bypassing the filters by using different class names and file names.

Would be great if Xenforo were to offer an ad network with ads designed to nullify blocking across all Xenforo sites!

Can I see an example of this in real forum? I have been using this for a while: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/735-anti-adblock-killer-reek (alongside ABP of course, since it also requires ABP), and I don't think I have seen any adblock warning in sites with decent activity (some non-popular sites still manage to bypass it).
I suspect it won't work currently with the Killer, as I haven't updated the addon for quite some time. But I have added it to the Todo list, to check this later.

Hi,

Just Purchased and its an amazing add-on. Completely unique.

However i have an issue.

Adblocker is working for registered members. Its not working f0r anyother usergroup. Am i making some mistake because permissions is same for all the groups which i have assigned.

Pls help.

Try to use the "analyze permissions" option to make sure permissions are acutally set correctly
http://www...../admin.php?permissions/analyze

I did all these workout bro then only posted.

I have selected this setting for Moderators

xJka0xa.png

gqB58fc.png

Still no effect. However the same is working nice for Registered members.

I did all these workout bro then only posted.

I have selected this setting for Moderators

xJka0xa.png

gqB58fc.png

Still no effect. However the same is working nice for Registered members.
If permissions set correctly, I can't think of any other reason why it would work for Registered but not for others.
Please send me (in private) link to your site, and details for a test user where I can see it not working. I'll take a look.

If permissions set correctly, I can't think of any other reason why it would work for Registered but not for others.
Please send me (in private) link to your site, and details for a test user where I can see it not working. I'll take a look.

Thanks a lot for quick turn around and spontaneous help. Its working fine now. :)

Hi...

Judt purchased and installed, thanks for this add-on. Few things...

1 - I have seen other sites that give the option in the notice to Turn off the Ad Blocker for the site with a button. You think anything like that could be done?

2 - Where would I edit the test to add a link to purchase a club membership if they are a registered user?

3 - Would be nice to be able to set the time out by MINUITES vs HOURS. I want to let people go by it, but want to let them know every few mins vs once an hour as that is not annoying enough.:)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi...

Judt purchased and installed, thanks for this add-on. Few things...

1 - I have seen other sites that give the option in the notice to Turn off the Ad Blocker for the site with a button. You think anything like that could be done?

2 - Where would I edit the test to add a link to purchase a club membership if they are a registered user?

3 - Would be nice to be able to set the time out by MINUITES vs HOURS. I want to let people go by it, but want to let them know every few mins vs once an hour as that is not annoying enough.:)

Thanks
Hey
  1. Turn off the Ad Blocker itself? Never heard of this. If you can point me to where you saw it, I can take a look.
    You do can have a close button to dismiss the alert about the adblock..

2. You can change the message by editing the phrase 'rellect_adblock_detector_message'. You're allowed to use html in here.
    s.webp

3. Already in my TODO list :)

Hi...Sorry for the delay...

1) Check out http://www.businessinsider.com/jony-ive-in-back-seat-at-apple-2016-11 for example and see what happens. It makes it very easy for the user.

2) Thank you kindly for the template to edit. :)

3) PLEASE PLEASE do the minute setting sooner rather than later. I want to turn it on for members but 1 hr is too much time to be a pain to them and every page load just ticks them off. I'll give you a dollar! Now before you say no, I have seen a lot of people do a lot of things for a dollar, even take their clothes off. :D

Hi...Sorry for the delay...

1) Check out http://www.businessinsider.com/jony-ive-in-back-seat-at-apple-2016-11 for example and see what happens. It makes it very easy for the user.

2) Thank you kindly for the template to edit. :)

3) PLEASE PLEASE do the minute setting sooner rather than later. I want to turn it on for members but 1 hr is too much time to be a pain to them and every page load just ticks them off. I'll give you a dollar! Now before you say no, I have seen a lot of people do a lot of things for a dollar, even take their clothes off. :D
1. Hmm I get nothing about my adblock.. (I'm using uBlock)
2. (y)
3. Unfortunately I won't suggest you to wait for this.. it may take a while

1. Hmm I get nothing about my adblock.. (I'm using uBlock)
2. (y)
3. Unfortunately I won't suggest you to wait for this.. it may take a while

1. See attached for kicks.

2. (y)

3. Really? Bummer. Did not seem like it would be much of an issue to go from hour to minute. I will need to see if my programmer can hack it.

screenshot_1371.webp

1. See attached for kicks.

2. (y)

3. Really? Bummer. Did not seem like it would be much of an issue to go from hour to minute. I will need to see if my programmer can hack it.

View attachment 144105
I don't see this screen actually.. probably they don't detect my adblock?
Anyway, clicking the "Do it now" button actually works? what adblock you're using?

3. Sorry.. don't have much time these days..

Top Bottom