Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Syndol updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6

What's new:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.2.0
  • Added hidden code to help identify license holder in the event the add-on is pirated or shared.
  • No longer requires template edits.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Please see the ReadMe file included in the zip folder
If you have not yet received the update, please check your email for additional information.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey there I am getting an error when posting, not sure if it has to do with ModEss but one of the moderators on Xenforo community pointed out it might be.

This is the error:

Code:
Declaration of bdBank_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete() should be compatible with that of WidgetFramework_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
    XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
    XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 926
    XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 450
    XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 2012
    XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 572
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in ModEss/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 43
    ModEss_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dreamreef/domains/dreamreef.nl/public_html/index.php at line 13

I assume you are using XenForo 1.2
The add-on bdBank currently only works on XenForo 1.1.x
You will need to update that add-on.

Seems some troubles with version 1.0.7

Undefined index: default_sort_order - library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:291

#0 /srv/www/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(291): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/srv/www/...', 291, Array)
#1 /srv/www/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(102): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_getDefaultThreadSort(Array)
#2 /srv/www/public_html/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(22): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#3 /srv/www/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): ModEss_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#4 /srv/www/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /srv/www/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "http://domain.com/forums/news.4/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forums/news_4/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

First of all to comment on your error. This error has nothing to do with this add-on as the forum parameters are not modified by it.
As has already been indicated to you elsewhere on these forums, the error is due to a bad upgrade of your forum to version 1.2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all to comment on your error. This error has nothing to do with this add-on as the forum parameters are not modified by it.
As has already been indicated to you elsewhere on these forums, the error is due to a bad upgrade of your forum to version 1.2.0

see conversation.

Last edited:
Sugestion
User gets alert when his Post is edited/deleted/moved.

- Feature on/off control by 3 permissions for these options: edit/delete/move
- user can control by himself if he wants to get "your post was moderated" alerts in user control panel at "Alert Preferences"

Got a server error and I have a feeling it might relate to Moderator Essentials:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'action' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Lee, Today at 10:01 AM

#0 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(317): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `dp...', Array)
#3 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/DigitalPointSpy/DataWriter/ModeratorLog.php(18): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('dp_spy', Array)
#4 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Thread.php(21): DigitalPointSpy_DataWriter_ModeratorLog->save()
#5 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Abstract.php(32): XenForo_ModeratorLogHandler_Thread->_log(Array, Array, 'modess_post_mov...', Array, NULL)
#6 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/XenForo/Model/Log.php(214): XenForo_ModeratorLogHandler_Abstract->log(Array, 'modess_post_mov...', Array, NULL, NULL)
#7 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/ModEss/Model/Log.php(349): XenForo_Model_Log->logModeratorActionLocal('thread', Array, 'modess_post_mov...', Array, NULL, NULL)
#8 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/XenForo/Model/Log.php(200): ModEss_Model_Log->logModeratorActionLocal('thread', Array, 'modess_post_mov...', Array, NULL, NULL)
#9 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/ModEss/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(131): XenForo_Model_Log::logModeratorAction('thread', Array, 'modess_post_mov...', Array)
#10 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/AVForums/ModCheckpoint/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(88): ModEss_Model_InlineMod_Post->movePostsToThread(1432615, Array, '')
#11 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(46): AVForums_ModCheckpoint_Model_InlineMod_Post->movePostsToThread(1432615, Array, '')
#12 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): ModEss_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionMoveToExistingThread()
#13 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/sandbox/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(67) "http://xf.avforums.com/sandbox/inline-mod/post/moveToExistingThread"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["thread_id"] => string(7) "1432615"
["save"] => string(10) "Move Posts"
["posts"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(8) "16174301"
}
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["redirect"] => string(87) "http://xf.avforums.com/sandbox/threads/optoma-hd33-hd300x-owners-thread.1516669/page-49"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}
Or maybe it's the digital point spy addon. Or a conflict between the two. Posted it on the Digital Point Spy addon discussion thread also.
Thanks

Or maybe it's the digital point spy addon. Or a conflict between the two.
When the Digital Point Spy add-on saves the moderation action it adds the content type to the beginning of the phrase/string and so when you move a post directly to an existing thread, the phrase becomes too long for the action variable in table dp_spy.
One solution would be to increase the action column in the dp_spy table to varchar(30)

Hi David, in error_log I've a rid of:
(xf 1.2.1 and ModEss 1.0.7)

Code:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/ModEss/Model/Log.php:764
Generato Da: Account Sconosciuto, Oggi alle 13:52

Code:
#0 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/ModEss/Model/Log.php(764): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/centoiso/...', 764, Array)
#1 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/XenForo/CronEntry/CleanUp.php(73): ModEss_Model_Log->pruneModeratorLogEntries()
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_CronEntry_CleanUp::runDailyCleanUp(Array)
#3 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(22): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(198): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 9.99999713898, '')
#6 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(321): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.99999713898, '', false)
#7 /home/centoiso/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(274): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/centoiso/public_html/deferred.php(18): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}

Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://www.centoiso.it/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Hey David @Syndol ... could you help me?

Please enter a valid callback method (ModEss_Listener_Cog::loadClassLogHandlerResource

I checked ALL the files... down to the .php files... they appear to be properly placed. Especially looked in the listener folder and "cog." Do I move the entire library folder? The Entire ModEss folder? Most of my mistakes is in HOW I move them it seems more so than not just making sure I move them ALL.

Its looking for a file in the following location:
library/ModEss/Listener/Cog.php

You should be uploading the entire ModEss folder as is to the library/ directory on your server.

Hey David @SyndolI checked ALL the files... down to the .php files... they appear to be properly placed.
When you upload the folder via FTP you need to make sure you allow it to overwrite existing files. Otherwise when it encounters a file with the same exact name it simply skips it.

Its looking for a file in the following location:
library/ModEss/Listener/Cog.php

You should be uploading the entire ModEss folder as is to the library/ directory on your server.

YEP... got the file in the exact location.

I tried several different ways, and yes, did the entire ModEss folder as well. I was able to upgrade the Conversation Essentials and one other add-on from @Syndol just fine, also updated all my other add-ons just fine, and just installed TinyQuattroMCE as well, which required some additional add ons and all that worked just fine for me.

When you upload the folder via FTP you need to make sure you allow it to overwrite existing files. Otherwise when it encounters a file with the same exact name it simply skips it.

Yes @Syndol I always overwrite existing files unless told otherwise. Like I said above, updated all your other add-ons just fine. ???

FYI
Please note that I will be away until the 25th of October.
I shall respond to any questions or reported issues upon my return.
Thank you.

How does the thread edit history log work? Is that accessible from thread tools? Can you show me?

Top Bottom