Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
What would be really, really cool, and like totally awesome (and I mean awesomeness itself) would be if a moderator could do everything an administrator can and all from the front end. Actually, if this add-on would completely remove the admin control panel altogether, that would be the bomb.

A moderator should be able to ban...that's one of the core tasks of a moderator. Strange that that isn't in the core...

Well, I do also think that forum software should have a frontend function for moderators to quick-ban people without having access to the admin-cp, but I believe this feature will eventually be included in the core of a future xenforo version.

Does this include copy thread? Right now I have 3 moderator addons installed, would love to see if they could be replaced with just one.

Just noticed this issue tonight. Whenever I merge or move a thread and leave a redirect, the redirect thread spits out this error:

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:23

Looking at my server error logs this appears to have been happening since the latest update, Dec 30th.

Same error, just happen sometime.

Undefined index: node_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 23
  2. ModEss_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in index.php at line 13

Yeah I just installed it on a dev install and can't get it to error. Probably should have done that in the first place, sorry.

Went down the list and the culprit appears to have been AzuCloud by Dark Immortal / Luke. Uninstalled and can't get the error to trigger again.

Do you get this error every time you click on a redirect?
Are you using a mobile device and have a mobile add-on installed?

It would seem you have another add-on that is not playing nice. Perhaps try disabling them one at a time to find out which.

Don't have Azucloud.
I'm on Desktop version. I have Tapatalk.
I have some addon related to thread like Move Own Thread, User Essential

This issue doesn't happen all the time so it's not easy to find which addon conflict.

Well, it's not User Essentials now is it ;)
Try deactivating them one at a time to find out which one.
If you install this on a clean test forum and still have the error, I will tear my code apart. Otherwise nothing I can do until you find out what is causing it on your forum. Only then can I take a look.

Syndol updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5

What's new:

Sticky Thread Order provides those with permission to stick/unstick threads with the ability to order/re-arrange all sticky threads.
This is done by assigning each sticky thread a value. The higher the value the lower on the list will it appear.
If no value is assigned (default), then that thread will be displayed at the bottom of the list. Multiple threads with the same value (or no value at all) are ordered by their last post date (default).

Sticky order can be assigned when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Have you enabled the feature from the options page as instructed in the ReadMe file?
If the answer is yes, check your template edits.

Top Bottom