Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
The one thing I would love to see in something like this is additions to the report system. If the post is deleted by someone before seeing the report, it should automatically show as resolved. Possibly even showing some icon on a reported post so if a mod happens to stumble upon it, they can take care of it and change the status of the report from that post by clicking that icon. If that is added to this, I will be purchasing this.

Feature Request Change Author of post/thread
Is anyone besides me interested to see following feature added to ModEss? Then please like my post and answer, so Syndol will implement it with 4+ interested ;)

It should add in the post-information row (i mean the row with "user, postdate, edit, delete, report, post-count-number, like button, quote button") a textlink: "Change Author". So an admin/mod can change the author of a post/thread. This should be of course optionally activable in ACP over permissions.

I used this feature "change author" a lot in my old phpBB forum where a lot of "project work" is done. So the projects are divided in threads. the maintainer of differents threads/projects changes a lot, cause one goes inactive and the next overtaker of the project has to manage the threadpost where all important informations/summary of the project/thread is collected.

I want to translate some phrases to german, but it's difficult if you are not sure what they mean. Specifically these phrases:

modess_modlog_post_move_target: Post Move Thread Create
No idea what this means. Moving a post to create a thread?

modess_modlog_post_move_source: Post Move New Thread
Isn't this the same as above?

modess_modlog_post_move_existing: Post Move Existing Thread
This means moving a post to another existing thread, right?

These phrases are directly related to the XenForo ones named:
moderator_log_thread_post_move_target
moderator_log_thread_post_move_source

A). Thread created by moving posts ({ids})
B). Posts from thread moved to <a href="{url}">{title}</a>
C). Correct - moving posts to an existing thread

For A and B, I had to come up with a shorter version to describe the action in order for it to fit in the checkbox list. Of course, you can change it as you see fit.

How can I move a post to make it a new thread? If I check a post for inline-moderation there is only the Move Posts to Existing Thread option, but not the other two.

That is a default XenForo permission.

In the inline moderation action list it is called:
"Move posts..."
The user group permission is called:
"Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone"

A + B are actually the same action (moving posts) but are logged slightly differently. In other words, whenever you use the default feature to move posts, the action is logged twice as A + B.
This is default XenForo and has nothing to do with this add-on other than me adding links to the posts when displaying the logged action.
I hope this helps.

Ouch, I missed the Move posts action because it was translated and I only looked for actions beginning with "Move" because I thought the other two untranslated phrases were moderator essentials actions. Now that's what I get for mixing up different languages, lol.

Awesome support Syndol (y)

Any plans to introduce a 'copy post' feature? I have a post right now that is appropriate to move to two existing threads.

Any plans to introduce a 'copy post' feature? I have a post right now that is appropriate to move to two existing threads.
I don't think I would like a post I've made in a certain thread/forum duplicated in other threads/forums without me putting it there.
However, setting my own opinion aside, I will consider this request if enough people actually want it.

This copy post feature might be useful for moderators copying certain posts to the private staff forum to discuss them further rather than link to the original posts. Normal users post count wouldn't change since they don't have permission to the staff forum plus post count should be disabled in staff forums anyway imo.

Actually what happened was the person discussed two topics in the one post, so I was planning to copy them to two current threads and edit out the irrelevant paragraphs. This way they can still get the credit for their comments, rather than reposting as myself.

Syndol updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3

What's new:
  • Fixed an oversight which let users view deleted posts (when permission was set) via the thread tools menu.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php' to your server, overwriting the old one.
  2. Upgrade the addon-ModEss_103.xml
  3. If you do not have TMS installed, then please re-apply the thread_view template edit located in the Template Edits folder.
Sorry for the inconvenience....

Read the rest of this update entry...

The file has now been emailed to everyone.
Season's greetings and best wishes for the new year.

Just noticed this issue tonight. Whenever I merge or move a thread and leave a redirect, the redirect thread spits out this error:

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:23

Server Error

Undefined index: node_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ModEss/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 23
  2. ModEss_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/htdocs/index.php at line 13

Looking at my server error logs this appears to have been happening since the latest update, Dec 30th.

Just noticed this issue tonight. Whenever I merge or move a thread and leave a redirect, the redirect thread spits out this error:
Do you get this error every time you click on a redirect?
Are you using a mobile device and have a mobile add-on installed?

It would seem you have another add-on that is not playing nice. Perhaps try disabling them one at a time to find out which.

Do you get this error every time you click on a redirect?
Are you using a mobile device and have a mobile add-on installed?

It would seem you have another add-on that is not playing nice. Perhaps try disabling them one at a time to find out which.
Yeah I just installed it on a dev install and can't get it to error. Probably should have done that in the first place, sorry.

Went down the list and the culprit appears to have been AzuCloud by Dark Immortal / Luke. Uninstalled and can't get the error to trigger again.

Compare to User & Conversations Essentials, Moderator Essential need to be upgrade with many more features.

Top Bottom