Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Thanks. Are the thread log entries imported from vbulletin?

Is there also an user account log function?

No importer I'm afraid.
Not sure what you mean by user account log, but User Essentials has a user action log which is only viewable via the ACP.

mysqli error:

Clicked Mod Log and then link to "Or fetch all entries from the last 24 hours"

(Our URL is: http://www.avforums.com/modess/modLog?num_days=1 )

I got
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 55
XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 363
XenForo_Application::handleException()

Tried it three times yesterday and again this morning. Same* result.

(* did not read all the error text in detail)

@Harpers Tate could you please run the following query and let me know what the count is:
Code:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xf_moderator_log WHERE log_date > unix_timestamp() - 86400 AND content_type IN('thread', 'post', 'profile_post', 'resource', 'resource_update', 'threadban')

I've installed Brogan's Featured Threads and I'd love to be able to feature threads from new or recent threads search listing - is there any way to add it to the edit box that pops up there?

Anything is possible, however, I'm not sure how it relates to this add-on.
Would it not be better to ask Paul to add such a feature to his add-on?

First off I'm using an older version (1.0.4) since I am still on XF 1.1, but I did not see a bug fix listed in the updates/changelog for this bug so perhaps it still exists in later versions.

If a user has their post deleted, you can still see the content of their deleted post (well a snippet of it) by viewing "Recent Activity" - either the main one, or the tab on the user's profile. With the addon disabled, their deleted post does not show in recent activity.

I do believe this is the first time anyone complained of such a bug.
All I know is that no such bug exists in the latest version of this add-on. Please update the add-on to the latest version.
Only those with the permission to 'View deleted threads / posts' can see them in the 'Recent Activity' list (which is default behaviour with this add-on disabled).

I do believe this is the first time anyone complained of such a bug.
All I know is that no such bug exists in the latest version of this add-on. Please update the add-on to the latest version.
Only those with the permission to 'View deleted threads / posts' can see them in the 'Recent Activity' list (which is default behaviour with this add-on disabled).
I tested it as a guest which doesn't have the 'view deleted threads / posts' permission and could see the deleted post content under recent activity, but not with the addon disabled. Great to know that this doesn't exist in the latest version which I'll be upgrading to as soon as I'm able. Thanks for looking into it!

I would love for this add on to have a warning log that shows all the warnings that have been handed out to users on the website.

It would also be great to have a moderation log to show what actions moderators are taking when they are on the forums.

Both of these would go a long way to really make it the essential moderation add on.

With those 2 features it would allow an admin to better track their moderators and have a lot of information and analytics on website activity.

Please consider something like this!

Top Bottom