Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
That is the main purpose of this add-on!

Well by that I mean an archive that is indefinitely saved somewhere for the admin to see.

And to have 2 different areas, 1 for moderation actions like move threads, edits, deletes, etc and one for warnings only.

This add-on displays and alerts moderators to specific moderator actions that are searchable by type, action, and moderator, for up to 30 days.
As for displaying moderator actions passed 30 days, doesn't that already exist in the form of the Moderator Log in the Admin Control Panel?

In regards to the warning suggestion, that will depend on how many people are interested in such a feature.

This add-on displays and alerts moderators to specific moderator actions that are searchable by type, action, and moderator, for up to 30 days.
As for displaying moderator actions passed 30 days, doesn't that already exist in the form of the Moderator Log in the Admin Control Panel?

In regards to the warning suggestion, that will depend on how many people are interested in such a feature.

Oh! I didn't know there was a mod log in the ACP.

Well I hope you consider a warning log for this add-on as I am currently using one developed by another person but would love to have everything in one place and I feel that it would give your add-on more features for people to consider purchasing.

Is there any way to see the actual edits that were made by a moderator? These are the only two places I know of that shows an edit has been made, but neither of them show the actual action taken other than "edited".

modlog1.webp

modlog2.webp

Syndol updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1

This is a compatibility update for XenForo 1.3.x

What's new:
  • Removed the following two features as they have now been added to the core as default:
    • Removed the Thread Log.
    • Removed Moving Posts to Existing Thread.
  • Deleted the forum permission 'Can view thread log' as it no longer applies. The Moderator Session Log now requires a moderator to be able to view the new Moderator Thread Log.
  • Adjusted a template modification to work with XenForo 1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

Despite the fact that it feels like pulling teeth getting people to review this add-on, and even though it would seem like absolutely no one cares about the updates, I thought I'd ask the following:

How many of you are interested in an option to insert User Warnings into the moderator log (with all relevant info when clicked) and thus have them show up in the moderator bar log as they happen?

Bob B and I liked your update, so I guess "absolutely no one cares" is a bit of an overstatement. :p

I'd be interested in seeing the User Warning in the Moderator Log. :)

We all know you care Howard. I'm not looking to collect "likes" here but if there is no feedback, be it good or bad, and no comments about suggestions being put forward in this thread, then I see no point in wasting my free time adding options that no one wants.

User warning in the moderator log = almost must have (y)
then my staff can control if my mods are doing well in userwarnings.

This add on was worth the $25 to me just to be able to move posts into existing threads without all the hassle previously associated with that. I have to move posts into existing threads almost daily on my forum due to the type of forum it is. How's that for feedback.

(y)

Syndol updated Moderator Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.2

What's new:
  • Added an option to insert user warnings into the moderator log and thus have them show up in the moderator bar log as they happen.
  • Added option to display the moderators of each forum via a link at the top of each forum.
  • Added option to limit custom warnings to administrators only.
  • Added option to have the warning's "start conversation" checkbox unchecked by default.
View attachment 68677 View attachment 68678 View attachment 68679...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'ModEss_Model_Moderator' not found - library/XenForo/Application.php(514) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 8:18 PM

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(61) "http://adminextra.com/threads/xfhost-me-web-host-review.6289/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'ModEss_Model_Node' not found - library/XenForo/Model.php:195
Generated By: Howard, 2 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "http://adminextra.com/index.php?liveupdate"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["liveupdate"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(23) "/find-new/2616541/posts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"