[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Is it possible to make certain pages only accessible to certain usergroups? At this point I'm just hiding pages, but if someone were to pass the link off to someone that wasn't supposed to see that page, they'd still be able to see it.

Thanks!
That sort of violates the purpose of a wiki...

Got an error when creating a new page with this... first page I had tried to create with this upgraded version:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: page - library/EWRcarta/Model/Pages.php:191
Generated By: anthony, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/EWRcarta/Model/Pages.php(191): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 191, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php(146): EWRcarta_Model_Pages->updatePage(Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Special->actionSpecialCreate()
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/wiki/special/create"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["page_name"] => string(7) "Healing"
    ["page_slug"] => string(7) "healing"
    ["page_type"] => string(6) "bbcode"
    ["page_content_html"] => string(318) "<p>[template=writtenbyopen][/template]</p><p>[template=writtenby] username=anthony userid=1 | folder=0 | ack=Author [/template]</p><p>[template=writtenbyclose][/template]</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>[h2]References[/h2]</p><p>[template=refopen][/template]</p><ol><li>#####</li></ol><p>[template=refclose][/template]</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(44) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/wiki/special/create"
    ["page_parent"] => string(1) "7"
    ["page_redirect"] => string(1) "0"
    ["submit"] => string(15) "Create New Page"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "6eed19193d58e735c95129656e934ba9"
    ["page_index"] => string(1) "0"
    ["page_sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["page_sublist"] => string(1) "1"
    ["administrators"] => string(0) ""
    ["usernames"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Got an error when creating a new page with this... first page I had tried to create with this upgraded version:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: page - library/EWRcarta/Model/Pages.php:191
Generated By: anthony, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/EWRcarta/Model/Pages.php(191): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 191, Array)
#1 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/EWRcarta/ControllerPublic/Wiki/Special.php(146): EWRcarta_Model_Pages->updatePage(Array)
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): EWRcarta_ControllerPublic_Wiki_Special->actionSpecialCreate()
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/wiki/special/create"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["page_name"] => string(7) "Healing"
    ["page_slug"] => string(7) "healing"
    ["page_type"] => string(6) "bbcode"
    ["page_content_html"] => string(318) "<p>[template=writtenbyopen][/template]</p><p>[template=writtenby] username=anthony userid=1 | folder=0 | ack=Author [/template]</p><p>[template=writtenbyclose][/template]</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>[h2]References[/h2]</p><p>[template=refopen][/template]</p><ol><li>#####</li></ol><p>[template=refclose][/template]</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(44) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/wiki/special/create"
    ["page_parent"] => string(1) "7"
    ["page_redirect"] => string(1) "0"
    ["submit"] => string(15) "Create New Page"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "6eed19193d58e735c95129656e934ba9"
    ["page_index"] => string(1) "0"
    ["page_sidebar"] => string(1) "1"
    ["page_sublist"] => string(1) "1"
    ["administrators"] => string(0) ""
    ["usernames"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
Replace line 191 in EWRcarta_Model_Pages.php with:
Code:
'page' => $input,
Tell me if that fixes it.

Fair enough. I just have some people that are part of our staff team that would get great benefit out of a wiki environment if it was for staff eyes only.

The old lite wiki I used back in EE had the option of creating multiple wikis.....and one was used by a staff member to keep track of certain development actions, etc. that only she and I were dealing with.

Not a requested feature by me - just mentioning that your idea is not off-the-wall.

In the Top Editors block in the wiki side bar:
  1. All the Username links are hardcoded to 'media/user'
  2. What do the numbers represent? No. of pages? Edits?

One of my content editors has severely "broken" a page (http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/vanessa-move-analysis-vf5fs/), so much so that it breaks the interface.

I can't edit, delete, view history and revert, nothing! I think my only resort is to directly edit the database using phpmyadmin.

I noticed that in table EWRcarta_pages, the field 'page_content' is of type 'mediumtext', yet, phpmyadmin warns me "Because of its length, this column might not be editable". Is this suggesting that the size of the page has exceeded some limit, and possibly the reason why the page appears broken?

One of my content editors has severely "broken" a page (http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/vanessa-move-analysis-vf5fs/), so much so that it breaks the interface.

I can't edit, delete, view history and revert, nothing! I think my only resort is to directly edit the database using phpmyadmin.

I noticed that in table EWRcarta_pages, the field 'page_content' is of type 'mediumtext', yet, phpmyadmin warns me "Because of its length, this column might not be editable". Is this suggesting that the size of the page has exceeded some limit, and possibly the reason why the page appears broken?
Can you make me an admin on your forums?

The limit of mediumtext is 16mb... I doubt you exceeded that.

There is some REALLY bad formatting going on, on this page. Its one of the reasons I disable wysiwyg editing on my wiki. If people don't understand how to properly format on a wysiwyg editor, it can cause issues; especially since you're wrapping these poorly formatting tags around template calls.

Hell, just the first line looks like this:
Code:
[I][U][U][I][h2]DEFENSIVE STANCE[/h2][/I][/U]

Yeah, no kidding! I've already had a word with the editors in question about judicious use of styling (and styling header tags a big no-no). So do you think I should try to strip all the formatting out to see if that fixes it?

Yeah, no kidding! I've already had a word with the editors in question about judicious use of styling (and styling header tags a big no-no). So do you think I should try to strip all the formatting out to see if that fixes it?
I have found the issue though... improper use of templates.

You're using <ol> as your table rows. Which is fine. However, templates are pure HTML; and if you mess up HTML tags they can screw up the page. What your editor did was forget to set the "table-start" template at the beginning of one of the tables. So when the "table-end" template got called; it terminated the existing <ol> on the page... which were the quick tabs.

Thanks - do you still require admin access? I've already disabled it on your account, but let me know if it's needed for this issue.

Top Bottom